Thread: [Help] Unit-specific upkeep reductions

Default [Help] Unit-specific upkeep reductions

Hello

I'm trying to make a mod that adds unit-specific upkeep reductions to the beastmen recruitment building chains for things like bestigors and harpies that don't have reductions in vanilla. I know that I need to mod building_effects_junction_table, and I'll also need to add new effects. The problem is that I can't find the table where the existing unit-specific upkeep reductions are defined. All the tables I've looked at only have upkeep reductions for the entire army. I've checked effects_tables, effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions and all the campaign_bonus_value_whatever and effect_bonus_value_whatever; they only have upkeep_cost_land_all or upkeep_mod, not effect_building_upkeep_reduction_ungors and the like. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Thanks

Default Re: [Help] Unit-specific upkeep reductions

In order to add unit specific upkeep reductions you create a new effect using the effect_bonus_value_ids_unit_sets_junctions table. With that you limit the effect (in this case upkeep_mod) to only apply to a specific unit set, then in the buildings_effects_junctions_table you apply that effect to the whole force. For the units in the unit set it will have have an effect, for other units it will do nothing.