Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Truck kills people in Stockholm, terror attack.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Truck kills people in Stockholm, terror attack.

https://www.thelocal.se/20170407/liv...ockholm-street

Following a now well known pattern, someone has driven a truck into people in central sthlm. 2+ have died. This is a place I visit often.

It seems Sweden wasn't exempt from terror, just because we are a "tolerant" country.
    Last edited by Linke; April 07, 2017 at 09:15 AM.

Default Re: 2017 terrorist attacks

Scary to be in stockholm right now, police everywhere. So much for our "godhet"

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: Truck kills people in Stockholm, terror attack.

And so it begins.
    We had all the warning signs with the fail terror attack in Stockholm a few years ago and the IS attack in Malmö.
    We can expect more of these kind of attacks.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I read earlier reports that three people had died, but in addition to the injured, the Guardian says that only two people have died. Still a terrible and unnecessary tragedy. Why target Sweden? Is it just because they're generically "infidels" or something? They aren't part of the US-led coalition fighting in Iraq or Syria, from what I can recall. ISIS said to specifically target countries that are involved in the Middle East. Can someone remind me what Sweden is doing in Iraq or Syria at the moment to warrant this? It just seems like general hatred for Westerners now, instead of a terrorist act with a clear political message.

Truck drives into crowds in central Stockholm killing two people

Then again, ISIS did say in their recent little manifesto that they will fight everyone else in the world who does not convert to Islam, until the whole world is under the authority of their caliphate. Perhaps they're aiming for the bigger picture now! And what better way to do that than to start with Sweden?

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

I'm on my way to Stockholm right now. So quite shocking.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

The pattern is definitely hard to miss. Still I hope this was not again the act of another wannabe martyr in search of afterlife virgins.

Sweden has had soldiers deployed in Afghanistan for quite a while. Which was the basis for the botched 2010 attack, as I recall.

This is terrible no matter the agenda.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I read earlier reports that three people had died, but in addition to the injured, the Guardian says that only two people have died.
    Local witness have stated 3 or 5 dead. Official reports only 2 confirmed deaths so far.

Swedish police catched the suspect, but no information yet who was it.

They aren't part of the US-led coalition fighting in Iraq or Syria, from what I can recall. ISIS said to specifically target countries that are involved in the Middle East. Can someone remind me what Sweden is doing in Iraq or Syria at the moment to warrant this.
    From Wikipedia:
    As of 2007-02-11, Swedish soldiers are present in the following countries

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

3 confirmed killed now and 1 suspect arrested but apperently there are talks of 3 armed guys getting out of the truck.

I also imagine security in the more desirable countries to be tighter now.
    It takes this for our government to actualy wake up I think. No preempite measures whatsoever were previously taken by oue culture minister who was responsible for preventing terrorism. Even when swedish terrorist killed people in Europe, the government didn't do much. Now it's to late.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Sad but not entierly unexpected. There's several independent raports of shooting at a different place. The truck itself seemed to have claimed 3 lives and unknown amount of injuries.

''Humanitarian superpower''. So much for that.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Why target Sweden? Is it just because they're generically "infidels" or something? They aren't part of the US-led coalition fighting in Iraq or Syria, from what I can recall. ISIS said to specifically target countries that are involved in the Middle East. Can someone remind me what Sweden is doing in Iraq or Syria at the moment to warrant this? It just seems like general hatred for Westerners now, instead of a terrorist act with a clear political message.
    Doesn`t matter how nice you are, if you are a non-believer, you`re an infidel and always subject to death. When will you people get it?

There is acouple of ways to stop them though..

1. Fight back.
    2. Convert to Islam. Make sure it`s their version of Islam though.

Chances are, Sweden will just convert; they`ve pretty much cuckolded their entire country into uselessness anyway, ripe for physical and religious takeover.

p.s.
    My condolences to the dead, but what can be done if they won`t fight back?

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Doesn`t matter how nice you are, if you are a non-believer, you`re an infidel and always subject to death. When will you people get it?

There is acouple of ways to stop them though..

1. Fight back.
    2. Convert to Islam. Make sure it`s their version of Islam though.

Chances are, Sweden will just convert; they`ve pretty much cuckolded their entire country into uselessness anyway, ripe for physical and religious takeover.

p.s.
    My condolences to the dead, but what can be done if they won`t fight back?
    No, you're not subject to death in Islam just because you're a non-believer. It's entirely idiotic to suggest it, whether it comes from you or an ISIL member. What's more idiotic is to make such arguments when you have no real idea what happened.
    The Armenian Issue

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Why target Sweden? Is it just because they're generically "infidels" or something? They aren't part of the US-led coalition fighting in Iraq or Syria, from what I can recall. ISIS said to specifically target countries that are involved in the Middle East. Can someone remind me what Sweden is doing in Iraq or Syria at the moment to warrant this? It just seems like general hatred for Westerners now, instead of a terrorist act with a clear political message.
    I think their general strategy is to drive polarization. So anything that aids it will suffice. It's summed up pretty well in this analysis from 9 months ago when ISIS changed their strategy:

The messages and stated intentions in recent weeks and months are central to understanding what these territorial losses mean for ISIS. A comparison of the group’s propaganda over the past two years suggests a shift in tone and rhetoric. Spokesperson Abu Mohammed al-Adnani recently stressed that the losses of strategic cities, such as Raqqa and Mosul, does not mean the end for ISIS. In May 2016, al-Adnani called on supporters worldwide to carry out lone wolf attacks on civilians during the month of Ramadan, with an emphasis on Europe and the United States.

Dabiq, the English speaking ISIS magazine, has also called for retaliatory attacks in response to U.S.-led coalition attacks in Syria and Iraq. This rhetoric is different compared to earlier propaganda from 2014 and 2015, when emphasis lay on the importance of capturing and holding territory in Iraq and Syria and of establishing the Caliphate.

Terrorist attacks in Brussels, Paris, Istanbul, Baghdad, and Orlando by ISIS operatives and supporters indicate that it is resorting to this type of strategy to compensate for territorial losses. Retribution in the form of attacks on soft targets and civilians is an attempt by ISIS leadership to convince its passive and active supporters, as well as its enemies, that the group is resilient and has the resolve to continue the fight despite current setbacks. Terrorist attacks can also restore perceived prestige and credibility to ISIS leadership.
    So it's a two pillar strategies of retaliation (attack US and allies) and polarization (feed further the clash of civilization narrative in hopes of more supporters and recruits).

Calling them ''ISIS'' operatives seems an overstretch tbh.
    It doesn't require an organization behind you to run a truck in the crowd, which seems to be the current favoured method.

Regardless, this is going to be a major problem. This isn't really about banning weapons or banning funding of mosques by Saudis.

The elements of this are a lot simpler: a random, relatively pissed off, muslim, and a truck. How to prevent this in the future however is hard. Ban Muslim truck drivers? That would be unconstitutional pretty much everywhere.

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Considering the trucks of peace have been mostly stolen banning muslim drivers would be ineffective.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    No, you're not subject to death in Islam just because you're a non-believer. It's entirely idiotic to suggest it, whether it comes from you or an ISIL member. What's more idiotic is to make such arguments when you have no real idea what happened.
    Correct. The original caliphates didn't convert most of their populations for centuries. A proper caliph would just treat most of the population as second class citizens and enslave/murder those that rebel.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast