Thread: A letter to Rome

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Default A letter to Rome

Some day a courier arrives at the palace of Pope Boniface in Rome (for England backs the roman papacy) bearing a letter from Lord Neville, earl of Westmorland.

Your Holiness

I have written this letter to ask you for an annulment of my marriage to the lady Margaret stafford. It is a marriage that should never have taken place as the marriages falls within the prohibited degrees of consanguinity, we are both related by blood through
    Hugh d'Audley who married his daughter to my grandfather and Hugh's son also named Hugh had a daughter who married Ralph Stafford, the grandfather of my current wife Margaret Stafford, hence why we are third cousins once removed. Not only i ask His holiness to annul this marriage based an consanguinity but also my wife is proven to be barren.

It was my father who betrothed me this match when i was in my minority and henceforth had no choice but to accept his wishes as a faithful son. Now i humbly request to reconsider you this marriage.

Your faithful servant, Lord Ralph Neville

i have this but i suppose it negates eachother?

- Amiable: This character is a pleasant person who tries very hard to get along with everyone s/he meets. Indeed, perhaps too hard, at that...they also tend to excessively seek validation from others, and at worst can be described as clingy ticks. +1 to AI reaction rolls, -1 to duel rolls.
    - Bloodthirsty: This character is hotheaded and loves to jump into fights, lethal or otherwise. This is not something others find endearing off the battlefield, though. +1 Battles, -1 to NPC reaction rolls.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: A letter to Rome

A letter is given in response by the Pope, showing his unwillingness to divorce Lord Neville from his wife. He states that, after looking into the matter, a few issues made him decide against the annulment. The first was that a child had been recently born of his wife. The second being that his wife was still young. And the third that Lord Neville had had children by this woman, amounting to three children in total. The Pope reminds Lord Neville of faithfulness to one's spouse and hopes that this matter will remain settled.
    Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; April 08, 2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed