Thread: Possible expansion soon?

Default Possible expansion soon?

According to the latest blog by Michael Whelan, the CA team will revisit previous historical titles before releasing the next one. The important bit:

"Specifically, we have recently been looking at ways in which we might get back to historical content before we release the next major historical Total War, in particular thinking about additional content or standalones for some of our more recent historical titles. Jack Lusted and veteran team members from the ROME II and ATTILA teams have formed a new Total War team to investigate further, and were excited to share news of their intentions as soon as were able."

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/quick-...orical-titles/

Exciting news!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Possible expansion soon?

"Soon"?
    I dont think so... if you take the wording into account: "thinking about", "investigate"...

Okay...warhammer is supposed to be trilogy, last part being released in 2018 so next historical title wont be off until 2019+/- ....so if anything, it would need +/- half a year to produce.

johan_d's Avatar Civis

"The game retains a strong focus on character design that we have pursued in previous major releases"

I just spilled my beer..
    Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Optimistically: A brand new Alexander campaign with new features and mechanics.
    Pessimistically: Unlock 3 factions for 15 with copy paste units.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    "Soon"?
    I dont think so... if you take the wording into account: "thinking about", "investigate"...
    I also admire how Whelan's wording doesn't amount to anything, while implying everything, and conveniently leaves the backdoor of escape wide open. More industry talk amounting to a grand total of nothing. At least its a tacit acknowledgement of his core market.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hopefully they aren't being spread too thin between multiple projects.

A New Campaigns? Hm, my wish is a Britannia Campaign or Germanicus. My hope is a Update for Politics

I'm interested...

CA optimise attila pls

I think they'll probably release a few Culture packs, or perhaps a new campaign. But then again the wording does seem to suggest that they don't have anything concrete planned.

Because its about mid/long term planning. Next historical title will be out in 2019/2020 probably. So it is good estimation IF anything will be release for history fans in meantime, it will be probably in 2018/2019. Like one campaign for Rome2 and one for Attila. One being released in 2018, second in 2019.

This of course only my estimation..