Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Kingdom of Georgia - REVAMP

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Kingdom of Georgia - REVAMP

))
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 12, 2017 at 07:09 AM.

Stevie G's Avatar Laetus

Please don't let my fellow Georgians undermine your work Ltd. Great Stuff! Thanks for taking the time to revamp the Georgian roster, it means so much for us, as we don't have many (if any) games or movies that portray our old nation accurately. ჯიგარი ხარ!

Okay I'm intervening on this sorry affair and deleted a bunch of posts. The kind of nitpicking you are doing Khevsur is absolutely disgusting. I don't care how important you think Georgia is, it is only ONE faction in a mod of dozens and as SEVERAL others have said already it is a game at the end of the day. If you can't handle minor inaccuracies(which even then are dubious) no one is forcing you to play our mod or post in our forums. If you have nothing else to say other than the same assinine stuff don't say anything at all. Also lovely casual personal insults btw, do it again and I get global mods involved. You have been warned.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Warman222
    okay
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 10, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

My shields design Update
    Early , high and late era
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 12, 2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Off-topic part removed

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Gents, stay on topic as per warman222 post just above. Last warning or further moderation action will follow.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

much better roster! much better and more realistic, more accurate, then previous roster

Laetus

I've been lurking twcenter for ages now and never before have I felt the need to actually leave a comment.

Firstly I'd like to point out I'm in no way a history buff or have any sort of relevant education in Georgian history or history in general.

Secondly Warmann, Ltd and other modders, the work you guys have done (and are doing) is amazing, from the campaign map to banners to units, it's mind blowing. I've followed most of the threads on MKTW forum, including the previous Georgian Kingdom thread, and obviously some of the input by my countrymen has been useful in adding to the mod however I've been cringing my balls off on the nitpicking and ungratefulness of their comments most of the time. In fact I'm amazed you guys put up with this type of behavior for so long, I'd like to advise you to simply push to finalize the roster and stop remaking the already amazing models ten times over. Seeing the self-contradictory requests by same people over and over again is enough evidence that no matter what you change they won't be satisfied. As I said before I have no education in history so I can not make claims how this or that should be, however I do have experience in sociology and cultural psychology so I can definitely tell you that most of the claims is over-glorified to a point that it reduces the value of actual historical facts that were in themselves impressive. The best way for me to put it that the country has a chip on their shoulder and are clinging and exaggerating past achievements due to the lack of present ones. My translation might not be exact but it's referred to as bitter mentality.

I decided to write the comment due to the fear that you guys would simply delete Georigan Kigdom off the map due to the selfish comments before. I'd like to thank you for the great work you've done up to this point and keep doing. Can't wait to see the final product, best of luck.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Thank you for your input and your kind words.
    We have been redoing some rosters and will of course try to polish them as long as we see a benefit in it, but as you put it yourself, at some point certain things can become nitpicking so we need to draw a line somewhere.
    I am glad you like our work and believe me, I would be the most disappointed if Georgia did not make it into the campaign, but rest assured, we do not remove factions from the playable list just because not all of our followers are entirely satisfied
    Btw, welcome to the forum, officially

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Ltd. Georgia is your best masterpiece from my point of view, the way you added all those elements to that multicultural empire it is just great. And the gear is just fantastic and unique, a nice blend of all influences, proper for a true empire. Hope many units will be recruitable by Trebizond as well. Once I will buy my long dreamed laptop I will help you with ballancing units and other details in the campaign. Btw you preffer a vanilla type battle or Roma Surrectum like?
    Last edited by Visarion; April 17, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I made the artwort that helps to create these units.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 20, 2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: To avoid misinterpretation and with user's approval

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Other languages than English aren't permitted outside the specific forums. Please, post in English or your post will be deleted.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Amazing work Ltd.k Thanks for putting in so much work and effort I don't remember when I last saw roster this good. puts many to shame.

Khevsur, you come off a bit ungrateful with such comments. embarrassing us. It's like if someone gifted you a car and you complained about tires being a bit flat. Someone else could've just put Georgia in copypasta Greek/Persian units and finished it in a week.
    Last edited by OldStyle; April 29, 2017 at 11:59 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Excuse me,I will answer.please, not delete it

უმადურობა რა შუაშია. უბრალოდ ვცდილობთ შეცდომები გავასწორებინოთ.დეტალებია ზუსტად გადამწყვეტი. უმადურობა ისაა შენნაირები რომ საჯაროდ მიწერენ უმადურ პოსტებს . ცნობისთვის ჩემი მუშაობის შედეგია რომ ისტორიულად ცოტა რეალისტური არმიაა.თორემ არაფრის გამკეთებელი და უცოდინარი ქართველებით იყო გატენილი აქაურობა.ეხლა კი გამოდიხართ და მედიდგულებით.

In English:
    What's wrong with it? I just try to correct mistakes. Details are decisive. I can't believe that you have publicly declared my posts ungrateful. These models are realistic due to my work (drawings and inputs). Before, they were nothing Georgian but the name.

Note: I've done it for you (might contain mistakes) but that's the last time. If it happens again, I'll just delete it without notice - Lifthrasir
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 01, 2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: English translation added

Inb4 this thread gets locked

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by OldStyle View Post
    Amazing work Ltd.k Thanks for putting in so much work and effort I don't remember when I last saw roster this good. puts many to shame.

Khevsur, you come off a bit ungrateful with such comments. embarrassing us. It's like if someone gifted you a car and you complained about tires being a bit flat. Someone else could've just put Georgia in copypasta Greek/Persian units and finished it in a week.

Mod don't delete please ill just put the translation of the above so he understands better:

არ შეიძლება ასე უმადურობა გამოგდის. კაცმა თავის ნებით გააკეთა ამხელა როსტერი. ამდენი ხანი არცერთ მოდერ/დეველოპერს არ დაუხარჯია საქართველოზე და მადლობის მაგიერია ? დეტალები თუ არასწორია დიდი ამბავი.

Thank you, and to pick up your analogy: I may end up fixing the tires but I will not replace the tires entirely.

Artifex

No... you don't have to... units are excellent as they are... just add some early Alan, Shirvan, Circassian, Dzurdzuk and Leshghian (Vainak, Chechen-Ingush) and Derbent (Dagestan) representants. Maybe Avar-Lak Kumuk as well. Simsir too. Also Armenian and Khevshur Kartlian. For High Dzurdzuk. For Late allied troops only Dzurdzuk and Circassian. Oh Late Shirvan troops very important. I suggest Ardhan/Arran/Adarbadagan/Azerbaijan given to either Khwarazm or Seljuks. Oh yes very important some Cuman Guard Early Cavalry. Some would suggest early Abkhazians as well. Oh yes very important, Late Kabardian troops.
    Last edited by Visarion; April 29, 2017 at 09:21 AM.

Artifex

For the Shirvan, Laks-Avars Khumukhs and even later Vainak Dzurdzuk, Lasghians and Simsir you can add the Thukum clan patriarchate system as described in the Feudal System of the Laks. Aldo for late Circassians/Kabardino-Balkarians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laks_(Caucasus)

Other nations seem to be the Karachay, Balkars and Kumyks remnants of the greater Kypchak-Kumyk-Khazar state/commonwealth. These people served as the Steppe Nomads Bodyguards of the Georgian Royal Army. Even if at first they invaded Caucasus. Much like the Kypchaks and Qangli of Khwarazm.

Oh yeah Khazar troops that were slaughtered in the mountains together with Circassians, Lashgians and Alans after the betrayal of the Cuman-Kypchaks. They supported the Georgian-Abkhazian-Shirvan commonwealth.

Also the Dzurdzukian resistance should be included. They all deserve a mentioning. You can do this by giving them units inside the larger Georgian commonwealth.
    Last edited by Visarion; April 29, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Tiro

@Visarion There is no such thing called "Khevshur Kartlian". They are two different regions and they are already represented in game with more general/different names.
    Also what does Georgian-Abkhazian mean? It is the same to say Russian-Novgorodian or German-Bavarian. The first is the whole country/nation, the second - region/state.

"Cuman Guard", as you said, was part of Monaspa, if you check the pictures you will see some of them have Cuman helmets.
    If you ask me, all other North Caucasian units, if they are going to be added, should belong to North Caucasian roster which is called Kingdom of Alania for now. For Georgia They should be available only as mercenaries which makes more sense from the historical standpoint.
    As for Shirvan, it would be better to have them as AOR units because, in my opinion, only Georgian or Georgianized units should be in the roster.

Lastly, is it worth to ignore the quality for the sake of quantity?
    Last edited by Levan; April 29, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

image sharecertificity.com
    my new paint
    georgian medieval archer XII-XIII century
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 02, 2017 at 09:26 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast