Thread: [Submod] Normal's Rome II Unit Icons

Default [Submod] Normal's Rome II Unit Icons

Hey guys, this submod replaces the default EBII unit icons with Normal's unit icons for Rome II, thanks a lot to him for giving permission, absolutely all credits for the unit icons go to him. This wasn't very easy to make because there are many troops differences between EBII and Rome II, so I needed to improvise with some factions like the arabian ones.

Before installing backup the "units" folder in "ebii\data\ui" in case you want to revert back. To install download and extract somewhere and then move or copy/paste the "units" folder to "ebii\data\ui" and replace.

DOWNLOAD

Preview:
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; August 31, 2017 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] Normal's Rome II Unit Icons

Great work, really enjoying the unit icons. Takes a bit to get used too, but once you do the unit cards are a great visual upgrade to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Leethal View Post
    Great work, really enjoying the unit icons. Takes a bit to get used too, but once you do the unit cards are a great visual upgrade to the game.
    Glad you like it. I must say it was a bit problematic to make the Arabian factions because of the few units present in Rome II, however it's easy to not replace the Arabian factions because all the units names start as "arabian", so in case you don't want to replace the arabian units just don't replace the "arabian" ones. I didn't replace the Indian units as there aren't Indian units in Rome II.

Wow! Really cool! Is this Save-Game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Wow! Really cool! Is this Save-Game compatible?
    Yes, it doesn't touch anything else either than the unit cards.

Hmmmm, this Link seems to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeric_Bolton View Post
    Hmmmm, this Link seems to be broken.
    Just tried it and worked fine.

Just a bump for anyone interested, I intend to review and update this submod for 2.3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Just a bump for anyone interested, I intend to review and update this submod for 2.3 version.
    Sweet!! Great mod btw! Thanks!

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Awesome stuff! I've noticed all of the indian troops are missing and have been trying to photoshop them in myself from the Divide et Impera mod, but my skills are not sufficient. Are you planning on adding the missing 33 units, from the last update?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbjerg View Post
    Awesome stuff! I've noticed all of the indian troops are missing and have been trying to photoshop them in myself from the Divide et Impera mod, but my skills are not sufficient. Are you planning on adding the missing 33 units, from the last update?
    The mod Normal made for Rome II only has the vanilla units and there aren't Indian units in the vanilla game, nor anything with similar look. As for the new units from 2.3 I've already added the most obvious ones like the new Egyptian units, etc, still need to add all the new barbarian units. I'll upload it as soon as it's finished, I've just not had much time lately, barely played the new version.

These are really nice, look forward to the update