Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: President Donald Trump's advisor Steve Bannon removed from the National Security Council.

Default Re: President Donald Trump's advisor Steve Bannon removed from the National Security Council.

With Bannon seemingly loosing influence it seems Trump's most influential advisor is now Kushner...a lifelong liberal and democratic donor.

Not that I think the infighting will be removed, I think that could very well be a permanent aspect of Trump's administration.

Default Re: President Donald Trump's advisor Steve Bannon removed from the National Security Council.

Quote Originally Posted by ggsimmonds View Post
    With Bannon seemingly loosing influence it seems Trump's most influential advisor is now Kushner...a lifelong liberal and democratic donor.
    He's still got position. He's just not spread wide with an inch deep. He's more got a thin but deep bit of influence now that, literally, he's all but walled off of foreign and national security matters. Which I'm not sure he should've ever been in on anyway. Domestic affairs is easier to justify from any standpoint that wants him. Unless the infighting gets so bad that Trump just decides to get rid of him. Which has really only been going through the traditional pattern of leak and denial so far. I'll only see that as meaning something when the administration admits something's there.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Can you identify one main media supporting Trump? can you quote one major TV channel supporting Le Pen? Can you quote one, just one, European major newspaper supporting Farage? No, you can't because there is none.

Have you read the leftist posts about Trump here, on TWC? They seem the copy paste of each other (apart Ferret's activity, but Ferret is like a Bugatti Type 16 compared to the average leftist public), I don't know why, but the feeling is that they are murmuring a litany, a depressive litany, incessantly mumbling: "All is going well mates, Trump is fascist, Arabs are not killing us in our streets, Muslims are good people, banks are doing our good, Trump is evil, we are living in the best world possible, don't complain, Trump is mad, shut up, stay calm and .. give us your vote alongside your soul, please. For any eventual complain refer to the local Unions which will give you all the answers you need, stay calm, do not disturb, shut up and smile .."

Among Trump supporters instead, there is a huge molteplicity of different points of view and personal backgrounds, and this is evident about everything, your impossibility to find any serious definition about what you call Alt Right, apart the demented litany "The Nazis are coming!" is a clear sign of the incredible complexity of the political movement that is emerging on the Right, it's like a '68 of Far Right and what the Left is able to do, is just quoting a 70 years old past, using it as an insult thrown at the unknow! Pathetic!

Don't you like Steve Bannon? Well it's enough to say he's a Nazi! Trump? Another Nazi! Le Pen? A Nazi! Salvini in Italy? A Fascist (but possibly also him a Nazi under spoil)! Orban? A Nazi! Farage? A Nazi! Golden Down? Nazis! Pegida? Nazis! Paul Joseph Watson? A Nazi! Pat Condell? A Nazi! Richard Spencer? A Nazi! Lauren Southern? A Nazi! Jared Taylor? A Nazi! Stefan Molyneux? A Nazi/Anarchist! Mark Dice? A Nazi! Roger Stone? A dangerous Nazi! Milo Yannopulos? A Nazi! Christopher Greene? A Nazi! Putin? A Nazi! Alex Jones? A Nazi! Mike Cernovich? A Nazi! Gavin McInnes? A Nazi! .. A Nazi! .. A Nazi! In practice all the living matter outside the perimeter of your red redoubt under siege, is Nazi! and we could go on for pages and pages .. More or less it looks like a giant Siege Syndrome and .. believe me please: it's a bad sign, possibly the worst, for any political movement.

Side note: The facts about Soros financing Hitlary Clinton's campaign are well known by citizens and whole nations, no need to invent anything: 'Soros Spends Over $48 Million Funding Media Organizations.'
    FOX news, i already said that. farage, there was so much yellow press licking his feet, im sure youve seen it yourself. not familiar with french media im afraid, my french really isnt up to it.

so, soros spends money on the media. trumps cabinet is made up of former CEOs, most in charge of something that suggests a massive conflict of interest. i dont see your point here.

im not dignifying the middle part with an answer.
    Last edited by Tiberios; April 11, 2017 at 01:55 PM. Reason: off-topic

Looks like Trump has turned to the dark side.

Sad

Just kidding he illegally attacked Syria based on a terrorist allegation of a chemical attack because his daughter cried about dead babies or something? Sure thing guy! All those poor dead Syrian babies really brings a tear to the eye, but don't worry your Israeli and Saudi chums will ensure plenty more of those!

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

The evidence so far, is that Trump is changing his perspective on a lot of things all in the space of less than a week, its very perculiar.

It also seems what I can gather that Ivanka is having a say in policy making. Bannon seems to be out because he has a bad relationship with Ivanka and her husband.

Trump Signals Steve Bannon Could Be On His Way Out
    April 12, 201711:25 AM
    http://www.npr.org/2017/04/12/523569...on-his-way-out
    "Could a real shake-up be coming soon to the Trump White House — and is his chief strategist Steve Bannon the one on the outs?

The president sounds fed up with the infighting, and he appears to be picking sides — predictably with his family. In an interview with the New York Post's Michael Goodwin, Trump seems to push away Bannon."
    What people should be concerned about, whether or not they like Bannon, whether or not they are Left or Right, is the influence an un-elected family member can have on the President and his policies. It seems to me that Trump is grooming Ivanka for replacing him at the next election. Though I doubt she will receive much support among his voters if her influence is seen as negative upon her father. There could be the prospect of a Ivanka Trump vs Chelsea Clinton election 2020

Trump now thinks NATO is a good idea.

Trump says Nato 'no longer obsolete'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39585029
    US President Donald Trump has said Nato is "no longer obsolete", reversing a stance that had alarmed allies.
    Trump no longer claims China is a currency manipulator.
    Trump just announced he’s betraying his biggest campaign promise on China
    He’s backing off from his vow to blacklist the country as a currency manipulator.

Apr 12, 2017, 6:20pm EDT
    http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...cy-manipulator
    "For years, Donald Trump has been fixated on taking China to task for manipulating its currency in order to give its goods an edge over competitors in global markets. He complained about it back in 2013 when he was a private citizen, and on the campaign trail he constantly vowed that he would put an end to it.

Well, it ain’t happening. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal published Wednesday, President Trump said that he wasn’t in fact going to deem China a currency manipulator."
    Last edited by caratacus; April 12, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

Bannon is a God damn ideologue. If anything were to help Trump, it would be getting rid of Bannon.

It's like I keep saying. Governing is hard. Ideologues tend to have a much harder time doing it these days for legit reason.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    The evidence so far, is that Trump is changing his perspective on a lot of things all in the space of less than a week, its very perculiar.

It also seems what I can gather that Ivanka is having a say in policy making. Bannon seems to be out because he has a bad relationship with Ivanka and her husband.

What people should be concerned about, whether or not they like Bannon, whether or not they are Left or Right, is the influence an un-elected family member can have on the President and his policies. It seems to me that Trump is grooming Ivanka for replacing him at the next election. Though I doubt she will receive much support among his voters if her influence is seen as negative upon her father. There could be the prospect of a Ivanka Trump vs Chelsea Clinton election 2020

Trump now thinks NATO is a good idea.

Trump no longer claims China is a currency manipulator.
    I wouldn't characterize it as family influencing Trump. Trump is just easily influenced. Last week it was Ivanka, next week it could very well be a random billionaire friend (or even Bannon again). Trump himself does not have a defined worldview or philosophy other than that he is awesome.

So far his administration reminds me of old monarchies where influential nobles manipulated the king.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Trump reminds me a bit of King Charles I. Easily influenced by whoever last spoke to him.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Bannon is a God damn ideologue. If anything were to help Trump, it would be getting rid of Bannon.

It's like I keep saying. Governing is hard. Ideologues tend to have a much harder time doing it these days for legit reason.
    Based on continuous epic failure of US governments over the last few decades one would suspect that maybe "ideologues" aren't as bad as neocon/neoliberal shills (Clintons', Bushes, Obama, etc) that entirely ignore national interests in favor of interests of a cosmopolitan globalist elite.
    Would suck if Trump would repeat the mistake of allying himself to such interests, but then again, it could still be a part of a more major scheme to resolve the deep state problem once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Based on continuous epic failure of US governments over the last few decades one would suspect that maybe "ideologues" aren't as bad as neocon/neoliberal shills (Clintons', Bushes, Obama, etc) that entirely ignore national interests in favor of interests of a cosmopolitan globalist elite.
    Would suck if Trump would repeat the mistake of allying himself to such interests, but then again, it could still be a part of a more major scheme to resolve the deep state problem once and for all.
    Care to elaborate on what constitutes "epic failure?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post

Yeah, getting rid of people who want change and continuing the same old people voted against is the way to go.

Lol.

Why do you think Trump cares about political "change"? He has backtracked on all promises. He only wanted to get elected to boost his ego. He is letting children and establishment figures run everything so as to keep the status quo. You all got played Basil. If only someone had warned you of this...

Last edited by Dr. Legend; April 13, 2017 at 02:49 AM.

Well good. Then he's not going to get re-elected in 4 years.

I mean, who exactly will vote for him? Libtards hate him regardless. Neocons will prefer the random corporate Democrat who's likely to be a lot less lunatic. Same goes for the globalist elite: Kushner's globalist friends will vote Democrat regardless. Who votes for Trump? The Bible Belt that votes Republican regardless? It won't be enough to win elections. And Cruz is a cuckservative, exactly what is Trump right now. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ggsimmonds View Post
    Care to elaborate on what constitutes "epic failure?"
    For the last few decades US government's policies were more in line with interests of corporate globalist elites and some foreign states (mostly Israel and terrorist states form the Gulf such as Saudi Arabia), then with interests of US as a nation. That reflected negatively on pretty much every aspect, from economy (both "conservative" Bush and "progressive" Obama gave taxpayer money to bailout banks) to foreign relations ( Bush and Obama suppoted Gulf states, policies of which went directly opposite of their supposed beliefs).
    Regardless of whether Trump sold out or is playing 4d underwater MTG against deep state, his victory in elections reflects that Americans themselves are tired of being ruled by a bunch of inept corporate shills, and they want change. And by ballot or by bullet, they will get that change, just like they did in 1700s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4