Thread: Question about DLC Campaign usage!

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Question about DLC Campaign usage!

Hello, first of all thank you so much for the project you are working on... it seems the Rome II that should have been given to us!!!

I have a question about The Last Roman and Age of Charlemagne maps...

Will you use them in the future for represent historical campaigns such as the 2nd punic war? or even The conquest of Gaul?

The Age of Charlemagne map, specially for the 2nd Punic War, would be great, as it has a very detailed Spain, France, Italy and also North Africa!!!

Thanks in advance!!! :-)

Default Re: Question about DLC Campaign usage!

Charlemagne has no regions in North Africa - The Last Roman does.

I believe previous answers to this were along the lines of "nothing is planned for the immediate future"

They are planned, but they likely won't be implemented until at least year after full release.

Ideas so far are Caesar in Gaul, Second Punic Wars, Pyrrhus and his adventures (especially useful as we've loads of earlier era Roman and Carthaginian troops that ended up never being used due to the timeline shift from Rome 2 to Attila) and some sort of Civil War, either Caesar vs Pompey or Augustus vs Mark Antony.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    Pyrrhus and his adventures (especially useful as we've loads of earlier era Roman and Carthaginian troops that ended up never being used due to the timeline shift from Rome 2 to Attila)
    I came. The last roman map is the perfect setting, you have Epirus, The italic peninsula for Rome (and Pyrrhus to assault), Sicilia for Carthage, Syracuse. North Africa and Hispania with Carthaginian holdings. These three factions are inmenselly enjoyable, I would gladly complete multiple campaigns with those.
    Age of Charlemagne map for Caesar in Gaul seems kind of excessive, too much Spain and Britain. If "Julius Caesar: the beginning" (or some Hollywood title like that lol) you could make him start in Spain, issue missions to fight germanic migrants, subjugate northern gallic tribes, and then set Gallia on fire. Once "pacified" (by force lol) complete with Britain incursions. Rome would need to be kind of an NPC (don't know the feasibility of this, CA kind of did it in the last roman with the eastern roman faction).
    Of course, it's just a dream, we know itīs a long, long way off, but I have faith in the team working on this modification.

Well CM DLC could be used to host the invasion of Britania. Would be nice to give some focus to that specific time period not just the initial invasion but the later revolts in the 2 century.

Do you think you guys could use the Last Roman DLC for a 1st Punic war or the Age of Charlemagne for a Spartacus Revolt

We could, we'll see. We have to release the main campaign first xD.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.