Thread: About Using Content From my Mod

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default About Using Content From my Mod

I am messaged on a regular basis about using content from Hyrule: Total War for other mods or projects. My stance is that
    you are free to use any content from my mod, so long as you give credit. If you use music from my mod, be sure to get permission
    from to the proper composer. Music composed by Adam Halpin is free to use, so long as he and the mod are credited.
    If you wish to use models and textures from my mod, you are also free to do so. However, I am, for lack of a better term, swamped with mountains of work to do and I can't take the time to export, convert, pack, etc my models and textures to send to various people.

I recommend to those wanting to use my models and textures to extract them from the mod.
    To convert the MESH models to MS3D, use this program: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1276
    To convert .TEXTURE files to .DDS, I recommend using this converter: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1347

All of the games models and textures can be found in this folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\unit_models\_units

I apologize to the people asking me directly for files, but I can't take the time to do so on my own.

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

Default Re: About Using Content From my Mod

Thank you for officially sharing HTW's assets with the community Neph!

If you don't mind I'll expand on your advice with this:

Architecture is in a different format that requires IWTE to convert: LINK

Those models and textures are found in "Medieval 2\mods\Hyrule\data\settlements"

If anyone needs any advice on porting materials, feel free to PM me.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I am messaged on a regular basis about using content from Hyrule: Total War for other mods or projects. My stance is that
    you are free to use any content from my mod, so long as you give credit. If you use music from my mod, be sure to get permission
    from to the proper composer. Music composed by Adam Halpin is free to use, so long as he and the mod are credited.
    If you wish to use models and textures from my mod, you are also free to do so. However, I am, for lack of a better term, swamped with mountains of work to do and I can't take the time to export, convert, pack, etc my models and textures to send to various people.

I recommend to those wanting to use my models and textures to extract them from the mod.
    To convert the MESH models to MS3D, use this program: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1276
    To convert .TEXTURE files to .DDS, I recommend using this converter: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1347

All of the games models and textures can be found in this folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule\data\unit_models\_units

I apologize to the people asking me directly for files, but I can't take the time to do so on my own.
    Awesome , you always were a generous guy! I have learnt how to implement already finished units and settlements by now. I was going to take some of your recent stuff and place it in my submod (WIP from 2014) for Hyrule 3.6 - things like new horses, siege engines and in some cases beasts. But especially important all of the new custom settlements. I also know how to import the animations no problem.

I am a little worried about replacing maps though and won't change map. I would instead import the new stuff to the old map.

There are no spaces left for new units as i did implement all the unused material and also i did create new units out of generals and captains or bodyguards for heroes. I had problems back in the day with adding the Majora faction and Occa - Majora caused CTD when holding a mouse over their settlements and Occa revolted alot - but i think that i know how to handle that now.

I would possibly try to remove some of the captains and generals in order to add those Occa units and that way get a new faction into the old version. Why play the old version? Well, while i do think your units in the new version have a much higher quality i still like the childhood models from Ocarina. I think i'd like to play both really. And i see no point why i can't add all the best from the recent version creating a better old version.

In any case, i won't replace most units as the point is to have an improved old version - even though i would like to have some of your new rosters over the old ones. Your new fairies, Moblins, Kokiri, Deku Tribes etc are superior.

Only the Gorons were not cause of childish looks - but that's because i am getting old hehe.

I didn't think these plans would be a problem - however, i see great potential in using your Stalfos siege engines in the improved Warcraft Total War for the Scourge - and possibly one or two units would fit also. Then they could be re-worked to look more like the Scourge. But i saw one perfect looking new skeleton unit by you for this purpose.

As well as the epic siege engines.

Thanks for your free use-policy - i used to support your patreon back in 2014 by the way.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 26, 2017 at 06:55 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I know I'm late to the party, but the tool I've been using is this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-On-06-06-2015

It does everything you could want, all in one package!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I know I'm late to the party, but the tool I've been using is this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-On-06-06-2015

It does everything you could want, all in one package!
    Why have I never heard of this....

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Seriously? That's kinda surprising as i've been using that tool for over a year and you are so much more advanced in your modding skills than me. It's a little surprising that you missed out on it.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

So how much time and effort will this "all in one package" save you?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Probably not too much, but it's definitely convenient

Patrician Artifex

Yeah the Toolbox isn't working for me, all of my models give me errors during conversion and end up all messed up. I guess it's back to what I've been using for years.

EDIT: yeah after doing some research I think im going to stay away from this tool: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?647775-M2TW-Modeler-s-Toolbox-Version-0-6-Beta-Released-On-06-06-2015/page6

Just constant chronic posts of how broken it is. Some poor guy (post #119) even had his entire desktop wiped out by the tool. Sounds too dangerous to even try to get working.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; April 29, 2017 at 06:53 PM.