Thread: Hayasdan Events not Firing?

Icon5 Hayasdan Events not Firing?

I decided to get back into EBII (I think the last version I played was 2.2b?), and while there are some definite improvements (the biggest one for me being that crashes no longer fry my last in-game decade of save files), I seem to have encountered a new problem.

In my Hayasdan campaign, I haven't gotten the tribute event since the first winter, and re-loading/restarting doesn't seem to bring it back. While it's nice to not have my early economy crippled, I doubt this is intentional (unless this is part of an elaborate code trick to represent ancient tax evasion). Adding onto that, I can't seem to get the unification event to fire either. As far as I can tell, I meet the requirements, as I built 4 new Tribal Kingdoms, and have 7 total settlements. Did the requirements change, or did I just get a borked install?

Help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Hayasdan Events not Firing?

If something has gone awry in the script, re-loading won't do anything to fix it. It's compiled at the start of a campaign, and once that's happened nothing but starting a new campaign can apply any changes.

Nothing has changed with the scripts or their intent. What version are you playing? Do you have a recent error log, or can you generate one from not long after the second winter?

Ah, I see why that would be a problem.

Version I'm running is a 2.2b patched to 2.2h, then 2.2j, if that helps.

While I can get it to crash just fine (used a save from turn 6, earliest one I had), it seems the error logs aren't being generated. The .cfg file appears to be configured correctly, so I'm not sure what's up there.
    It's a steam install on a separate hard-disk from where my OS is installed, if that helps.
    It also seems to be consistently crashing when I start new campaigns, at least when I end turn 2 (Got it to happen as Hayasdan twice, and once each for Baktria/SPQR.)

However, given the lack of logs, perhaps I should just try for a clean install.

As long as your 2.2b is running fine, it shouldn't matter that you patched twice.

Logs are weird; it seems a subset of people can never get them to work, though some have had success by basically hijacking the M2TW logs (instead of using the mod-specific ones).

In the meantime, I have done some tidying of the Hayastan/Baktrian script, and will test if that's working any better (for 2.2k).

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Sorry in advance if these things that i am going to ask about have been asked before. The battle AI of this mod even in its later version is broken? beacause every time i am counter a siege situation or a battle with more than 2 armies the game becomes unplayable. In sieges especially my units refuse to go up the laders, sometimes half the men go up the walls and then they hault. Almost every unit friend or enemy freeze and sometimes every 5 or 10 secs they do a step and then again they freeze. In battles the armies just sit and do nothing untill i provoke them with light cavalry ( i am the defender ) and then maybe one or two unit follow my cavalry and stop the chasing after a few meters. In 20 battles i have only 1 with a descent ( same as all the other mods i am playing ) Ai. Maybe i did something rong with the installation? i repeat the proccess over than 5 times with no better results. Maybe i miss a patch or something? because the campaign, the most difficult section for a total war game to mod proper is amazing.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    Sorry in advance if these things that i am going to ask about have been asked before. The battle AI of this mod even in its later version is broken? beacause every time i am counter a siege situation or a battle with more than 2 armies the game becomes unplayable. In sieges especially my units refuse to go up the laders, sometimes half the men go up the walls and then they hault. Almost every unit friend or enemy freeze and sometimes every 5 or 10 secs they do a step and then again they freeze. In battles the armies just sit and do nothing untill i provoke them with light cavalry ( i am the defender ) and then maybe one or two unit follow my cavalry and stop the chasing after a few meters. In 20 battles i have only 1 with a descent ( same as all the other mods i am playing ) Ai. Maybe i did something rong with the installation? i repeat the proccess over than 5 times with no better results. Maybe i miss a patch or something? because the campaign, the most difficult section for a total war game to mod proper is amazing.
    I have found moving my base game out of programs(x86) to documents or even c:/drive helps. What I have also done as an addition to this is to "take control" of my UAC & virtual store...link> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems this of course is subjective. I installed the mod using"run as administrator" and added a 4gb file. I also use discs and not steam, I have found that all my M2TW/K & RTW/BI mods perform better (though originally that was not the reason why I got rid of steam) I rarely have lag and or ctd's, I use large unit size btw and I am 90+ turns into my Koinon Hellenon campaign (EB 2.2h). Hopefully this may be of some help to you, good luck.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 04, 2017 at 05:03 AM. Reason: updated info
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Hello Saul. I allready did all those things that you suggest, my install folder is C:\games\blabla... i am almost certain that the problem lies with the Battle AI of the mod, since with all the others that i have not encounter such behavior. Stainless steel, SSHIP, DLV, third age, all play smoothly and the battle AI is decent ( including the known rettarted hardcored problems of it offcource you dont have wierd battle AI behavior on your campaign?

Playing Hayastan 2.2j, and around turn 80 or so, suddenly Arche Seleukia just stopped asking for Tribute. I got the Satrapys unlocked after enough Caucasian Kingdoms, but i haven't yet unlocked the final Eastern Empire part that requires you to fight Seleukids as im still allied to them at turn ~160ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    Playing Hayastan 2.2j, and around turn 80 or so, suddenly Arche Seleukia just stopped asking for Tribute. I got the Satrapys unlocked after enough Caucasian Kingdoms, but i haven't yet unlocked the final Eastern Empire part that requires you to fight Seleukids as im still allied to them at turn ~160ish.
    Hayastan's reforms aren't linked to their independence scripts, they occur in isolation. Though taking Mtskheta will trigger a (non-rebellion-linked) war with the Seleukids.

I've updated the independence scripts in 2.2k - I've removed the custom counter they were using to check how many turns since the last tribute, using the seasonal counter instead.