Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW

Did the Spaniards manufacture gunpowder in America during the conquest of Cortez? if yes i would highly recomend that natives could "build" gun units in the same number of gunners killed.

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    Did the Spaniards manufacture gunpowder in America during the conquest of Cortez? if yes i would highly recomend that natives could "build" gun units in the same number of gunners killed.
    You might have the wrong thread, betto.

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. Proud patron of atthias.

Foederatus

Default Ooops, found a bug...

Sorry folks, there's a bug in the mod installers, namely a missing unit texture which will cause your Vale Foot Knights to look extremely strange.

So I've updated the patch to fix it, and I also took the opportunity to squeeze in a couple of other things - like replacing 'florins' with 'dragons', and tidying up some unit icons.

Get the v1.1a patch to fix it - this replaces v1.1, and can be used to upgrade either v1.0 or v1.1 installs.

Foederatus

Default Re: Ooops, found a bug...

Works continues towards v1.2

Meanwhile, I found another wee bug which won't affect many campaigns but the fix is in anway:

In AGot// Loc/Eng/Names.txt

INSERT:

["RoundShieldSpearmen_Singular"] {"Spearman"}
    ["RoundShieldSpearmen_Plural"] {"Spearmen"}
    and // Loc/Eng/Descriptions.txt

INSERT:

["RoundShieldSpearmen_desc"]
    {"Spearmen are useful in almost any army, particularly against cavalry and, unlike other troop types, the first two ranks can fight thanks to their spears. They aren't likely to stand for long against professional men-at-arms, but they can give cavalry a nasty shock as long as they hold formation."}
    As to where to put the inserts, just open up the relevant files and use your common sense

The error should only show up on Greyjoy armies/training screen, maybe some rebel stacks. It won't break the game, but the fix will stop those annoying "!!desc not found"" and "!!name not found" messages. I'm afraid I forgot I was using the RoundShieldSpearmen slot when I was tidying up the names and descriptions files to save disk space....

Work will grind to a sudden halt as soon as either a) I get the season 7 DVD box set, or b) GRRM finally finishes and releases 'The Winds of Winter' book....

And just to let you know how hard I'm playing WORKING on this mod, just check the casualty stats after the Tyrells just sent 20 stacks in to try and take the Dreadfort off me in my Arryn campaign:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phew.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	349151

... hope that's enough carnage for those who like EPIC battles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3