Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW

Did the Spaniards manufacture gunpowder in America during the conquest of Cortez? if yes i would highly recomend that natives could "build" gun units in the same number of gunners killed.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    Did the Spaniards manufacture gunpowder in America during the conquest of Cortez? if yes i would highly recomend that natives could "build" gun units in the same number of gunners killed.
    You might have the wrong thread, betto.
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Libertus

Default Ooops, found a bug...

Sorry folks, there's a bug in the mod installers, namely a missing unit texture which will cause your Vale Foot Knights to look extremely strange.

So I've updated the patch to fix it, and I also took the opportunity to squeeze in a couple of other things - like replacing 'florins' with 'dragons', and tidying up some unit icons.

Now superceded by v1.2 - see first post for latest links
    Last edited by Macsen Rufus; January 15, 2018 at 09:27 PM.

Libertus

Default Re: Ooops, found a bug...

Works continues towards v1.2

Meanwhile, I found another wee bug which won't affect many campaigns but the fix is in anway:

In AGot// Loc/Eng/Names.txt

INSERT:

["RoundShieldSpearmen_Singular"] {"Spearman"}
    ["RoundShieldSpearmen_Plural"] {"Spearmen"}
    and // Loc/Eng/Descriptions.txt

INSERT:

["RoundShieldSpearmen_desc"]
    {"Spearmen are useful in almost any army, particularly against cavalry and, unlike other troop types, the first two ranks can fight thanks to their spears. They aren't likely to stand for long against professional men-at-arms, but they can give cavalry a nasty shock as long as they hold formation."}
    As to where to put the inserts, just open up the relevant files and use your common sense

The error should only show up on Greyjoy armies/training screen, maybe some rebel stacks. It won't break the game, but the fix will stop those annoying "!!desc not found"" and "!!name not found" messages. I'm afraid I forgot I was using the RoundShieldSpearmen slot when I was tidying up the names and descriptions files to save disk space....

Work will grind to a sudden halt as soon as either a) I get the season 7 DVD box set, or b) GRRM finally finishes and releases 'The Winds of Winter' book....

And just to let you know how hard I'm playing WORKING on this mod, just check the casualty stats after the Tyrells just sent 20 stacks in to try and take the Dreadfort off me in my Arryn campaign:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phew.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	349151

... hope that's enough carnage for those who like EPIC battles

Libertus

Default v1.2 Patch Now Available

I have released the v1.2 Upgrade Patch for the Game of Thrones mod. It can be installed over any of the earlier versions, v1.0, v1.1 and v1.1a.

Features:
    • a couple of new units
    • some tech-tree changes
    • improved animation BIFs for some units
    • some new infopics and unit icons
    • a bit of mischief added in for the rebels

You can download the installer here (5MB)

Save games from older versions are not compatible, so finish off any campaigns you want before upgrading. New users will need only the v1.0 install plus the patch to get up to speed.
    Last edited by Macsen Rufus; January 17, 2018 at 04:17 AM. Reason: corrected the link

MTW:VI's Avatar Laetus

Che meraviglia!!! era da tempo che volevo giocare la mappa di Westeros in versione strategica come sul caro vecchio MTW:VI!
    Ora devo trovare solamente un modo per riuscire ad installare il gioco su Windows10

Quote Originally Posted by Macsen Rufus View Post
    I have released the v1.2 Upgrade Patch for the Game of Thrones mod. It can be installed over any of the earlier versions, v1.0, v1.1 and v1.1a.

Features:
    • a couple of new units
    • some tech-tree changes
    • improved animation BIFs for some units
    • some new infopics and unit icons
    • a bit of mischief added in for the rebels

You can download the installer here (5MB)

Save games from older versions are not compatible, so finish off any campaigns you want before upgrading. New users will need only the v1.0 install plus the patch to get up to speed.
    All this is awesome!Tnx for this amazing mod
    Can I ask you more screenshot of the Strategy World Map?I want to share these with my friends fun of GoT
    Last edited by Frunk; March 01, 2018 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Moderator Emeritus

It's my pleasure to move this thread to the main Medieval forum, as it meets the new criteria for "Hosted" (sticky-ed) mods. More info on that, here. Congratulations Macsen Rufus for this small gesture on our behalves, and thanks for producing a wonderful mod which is still fuelling interest in MTW after so many years!

Thread moved from Medieval Modifications, and stuck. (I've left a permanent redirect in the Modificiations sub-forum, so hopefully no one will get lost.)

@MTW:VI: Please include and English translation with any non-English posts, in future.

MTW:VI's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post

@MTW:VI: Please include and English translation with any non-English posts, in future.
    Sure sorry

I see there's no way to edit old post here,sorry for multipost so.
    I would like to ask to Macsen Rufus if it can be possible to have a better graphic of the World Strategy Map,like in this screenshot taken from Steam.

Last edited by Frunk; March 01, 2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Moderator Emeritus

You'll gain the ability to edit your posts, once you have made a total of 25.

Libertus

Ciao, grazie. Scusi, mi Italiano e molto piccolo

So thank you for the English translation...
    but, yes, I have been thinking about making the background map more representative of the terrain... I just haven't done it yet. Perhaps when i release v1.3 i might include a new map image. Watch this space

And thank you, Frunk, for the upgrade.

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW - Beta release

Why my game is closing when i start a battle?

Libertus

Default Re: A Game of Thrones Mod for MTW - Beta release

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDanchik View Post
    Why my game is closing when i start a battle?
    That's not normal.... can you tell me about your install and your game? What version of MTW you have, which version of AGoT, your O/S, and what faction you are playing. We'll see if we can pin down the problem.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hi Macsen Rufus!

Thank you very much for the mod, looks really immersive.
    By the way, do you know any smooth way to have multiple MTW mods working using Steam MTW version? Something like reliable mod-switcher maybe?
    With my old CD version of MTW I had multiple copies of MTW folder with vanilla, Samurai Warlords and Hellenic Total War mods.
    But when I tried to use the same method with Steam version (cloning a whole game folder), it doesn't allow me to run the game.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Just a few initial turns as Stannis. I managed to take King's Landing peacefully via bribe and made strong alliance with House Tyrell.
    My income is miserable so I'm slowly building fleet and trading with neighbours.
    I also noticed a funny thing that in addition to starting "King" Stannis 40 years old a "Heir" Stannis appeared who is also called Stannis and he is 60 years old.
    Nevermind, the game is still immersive though Arab Music is a bit out of place.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There's also an incorrect link for the patch 1.2 at the top post, I guess the correct link is in the post #45: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15492903
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 02, 2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: A note about the link for 1.2 patch
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Hi Macsen Rufus! Thank you very much for the mod, looks really immersive. By the way, do you know any smooth way to have multiple MTW mods working using Steam MTW version? Something like reliable mod-switcher maybe? With my old CD version of MTW I had multiple copies of MTW folder with vanilla, Samurai Warlords and Hellenic Total War mods. But when I tried to use the same method with Steam version (cloning a whole game folder), it doesn't allow me to run the game.
    Hi Lanjane, thanks for your feedback, and glad you're having fun. I have no experience at all with the Steam version, I still have my old CDs running in XP. The 60-yo heir thing is deliberate, because it is the best available way to deal with one of the problems of the MTW 'royal family' system: the first heir is always given the same name as the starting king, so what I do is make a very old first heir (59yo, iirc) who should soon die of old age and be replaced with an ordinary general. Sometimes this even happens in the first turn. Then the following heirs are set up to come along as they should - so if you look around the other factions in the first turn you'll see a Prince Roob Stark (age 60yo), a prince Tywin Lannister age 60 etc etc. But you will also find the 'proper' heirs lined up with the right ages, so there's Bran and Rickon Stark as children, Jaime and Tyrion as adult princes etc etc. So one warning - when you're playing Dragonstone, your king Stannis needs to loosen up and get himself a son, or you face dying out... Good luck, and I'll release v1.3 soon with some nice improvements for Stannis especially....
    Last edited by Macsen Rufus; December 21, 2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: sp.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hi Macsen Rufus! Great news about 1.3 patch! Thank you for continued support for this game.
    By the way will hordes of dothraki warriors appear at some point of the campaign? Should I prepare my defences on eastern coast?

And like lt Columbo said, just one more thing... I noticed that one of the bribed generals in King's Landing has no localisation text for his name, and the game says something like "<Could not be translated>" instead of the name.

Oh and I must say that expansion as Stannis is really tough because no one likes him and his religion basically. The only thing that helped me a lot was that House Arryn basically died out, leaving a lot of rebel lands for me to conquer. But as I already mentioned, conquest is really slow, those provinces are hugely disloyal and need a lot of troops to maintain order.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Libertus

Hi Macsen Rufus! Great news about 1.3 patch! Thank you for continued support for this game.
    By the way will hordes of dothraki warriors appear at some point of the campaign? Should I prepare my defences on eastern coast?
    Sorry, no Dothraki - this is purely Westeros/Wot5K scenario... if I ever find a way to do dragons, then I might add in Essos and House Targaryen

And like lt Columbo said, just one more thing... I noticed that one of the bribed generals in King's Landing has no localisation text for his name, and the game says something like "<Could not be translated>" instead of the name.
    Ah... that should not be possible, but I can check my name arrays, I might have edited one side of things and not the other at some point... if you can find it again could you let me know what name it was?

Oh and I must say that expansion as Stannis is really tough because no one likes him and his religion basically. The only thing that helped me a lot was that House Arryn basically died out, leaving a lot of rebel lands for me to conquer. But as I already mentioned, conquest is really slow, those provinces are hugely disloyal and need a lot of troops to maintain order.
    Yeah... that was the plan It was hard to squeeze in the extra religion (the faction has Jewish religion/Catholic culture) because I wanted to hold on to Muslim religion for Essos in case of a further expansion. You really do need to spread R'hllorism as fast as possible to make your lands happier. On the plus side, once you get the Red God up to 50+%, peasant uprisings will not bother you (due to a game mechanics glitch).

Libertus

Default v1.3 patch released

Happy holidays, folks

I've finally made the installer and released the v1.3 patch for the Game of Thrones mod. Simply install over your v1.2 install.

Download here

Main features: an overhaul for the Baratheons of Dragonstone, a few loose ends tied up, some new units, and new background image for the strat map. The 'shipbuilding' provinces have been tweaked, so take care if you've got used to the current arrangements....

Enjoy

p.s.: this is NOT save-game compatible, so complete current campaigns before upgrading, as usual
    Last edited by Macsen Rufus; December 21, 2018 at 08:17 AM.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Totally downloaded! ...It would be nice to find the time to actually play this thing too. Anyhow, keep going and merry Xmas Mac...

- A

Libertus

Har!
    Thanks Axalon, have fun with it
    I've been enjoying your heartland and supremacy modes too, recently. Tabbing round to the Lithuanians was fun, good stuff.
    God Jul (however that's spelt in Swedish )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast