Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    These hints are quite confusing... They seem to point to naval battle / ships; may be Vampire Coast.... But I wouldn't have expected this.... We'll know more tomorrow
    Sounds like a Vampire Coast/Sartosa combo. I'm not interested in another Vampire faction, Pirates of the Caribbean themed or not, and while I think Sartosa could be interesting as a small part of a DoW/Southern Realms DLC it'd be quite meh as a central faction for me.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

If tnhey bundle that with DoW/TEB to get an extra lord, why not...

May be could have Sartosa + Estalia + New World colonies (same "race") and Wampire Coast for the last LL?

Looks pretty cool. I hope it is... Someone with knowledge of the lore might offer some insight. I don't know what this is supposed to hint other than what others are thinking.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

VC it is

Blog with FAQ: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...pire-coast-faq

We're going to get
    4 new Legendary Lords
    New Lore of Magic: The Lore of the Deep
    New roster: command towering constructs, ghastly pincered sea-beasts, ghoulish horrors and musket-wielding piratical zombie hordes in battle!
    A suite of all-new campaign mechanics:
    Treasure Maps: Find treasure maps and dig for booty
    Ship Building: Upgrade each Legendary Lord’s unique ship
    Infamy: Rule the waves to become the most infamous pirate of all
    Pirate Coves: Establish hidden enclaves in your enemies settlements
    Fleet Offices: Reward your undead Admirals with positions of power to improve their loyalty
    Pieces of Eight: Sail the seas to unlock eight new Regiments of Renown
    New battle mechanics:
    More Powder: Use your Heroes to keep your gun-lines topped up with ammo
    Extra Powder: While black powder is plentiful, each unit will benefit from a variety of missile-related buffs
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Hopefully theres a mini sale on some of the DLC, not the new one I assume but Norsca and Tomb Kings with a bit off would be nice.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Reddit cought that IMDB is now listing Andreas Rylander as Deathmaster Snikch on IMDB, however, the last time there were rumors about Malus Darkblake when in the reality it ended up to be Lokhir Fellheart. Clan Eshin is probably third in line after Skryre/Moulder to appear in DLC, so such situation would probably hint those two prior being held for some kind of DLC/content..probably.

Reddit thread
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...isted_on_imdb/
    IMDB for WH2
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7518584...=tt_cl_sm#cast
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Patrician Artifex

At some point will get the HE/DE DLC 2 I predicted, with Darkblade + Beastmaster + Medusa for DE, and Eltharion or Imrik + Archmages + White Lion Chariots for HE

With so many beast or beast-related units missing, they could do a "Beast of War" DLC ala Rome II.

It could include:

HE: Lothern Skycutter (hopefully with Sea Helms as hero/lord that has it as mount option), Lion Chariots and War Lions.

DE: Beastmaster (with Dark Pegasus, Manticore and Black Dragon as mount options), Bloodwrack Medusae (maybe as hero with Bloodwrack Shrine as mount option?), Cockatrice?

LM (Lots of possibilities here): Skink Oracle on Troglodon, Ripperdactyl Riders, Salamander, Razordon, Dread Saurian, Coatl (could be a mount option for Skink Priests as well).

Skaven (Also a lot of possibilities): Verminlord, Master Moulder (with various Rat Ogres as mount options), Rat Ogres variants, Burrowing Behemoth, Chimaerat.

And maybe also one new, beast-related legendary lord per race, each with their own unique starting position:

HE: Korhil (with Lion Chariot as mount option), leading Chrace in... Chrace (redundant starpos, but maybe more fighting with Norsca and DE?).

DE: Rakarth (with same mount options as Beastmasters, with a unique Black Dragon named Bracchus), maybe leading an expedition in the Southlands to capture some exotic beasts? This sounds like a good starpos because we don't have any DEs there yet.

LM: Nakai, starting in Lustria or in the Southlands. The latter is more interesting imo, as like Rakarth Nakai could find himself in direct confrontation with many other races. Both characters could even have some kind of special hunter-prey rivalry going on.

Skaven: Throt the Unclean, starting as Clan Moulder in the Eastern part of the Chaos Wastes. This could be especially interesting for HE players in the Vortex campaign, as it would present Ulthuan with a new direct threat that isn't DEs or Norsca. Throt could even have some sort of evil plan to make the floating island colonizable for his kind, setting him in direct confrontation with Kohril.

This, alongside a much needed Beastmen update (that would hopefully add Doombulls and Ghorgons to their roster).
    Last edited by Dingkuhn; December 01, 2018 at 08:58 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I doubt CA has this in their plans, but I like your ideas.

I would wait after Skaven/Lizardmen DLC. HE/DE can easily fit in one LL (Eltharion / Imrik / Malus) but predicting Lizardmen with two LL on the way is very hard. And Skaven...skavens are missing way more characters for just one LL spot. (Skryre - Ikit Claw - Skavenblight, Moulder - Throt/Skweek - Hell Pit, Eshin - Snikch.....plus Thanquol)

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I would love to have a true sandbox campaign, with each province of the empire as a faction, where elections are made for the new emperor and if your faction leader gets chosen you earn lots of perks/bonus, more options (like playing with Karl Franz right now where you can appoint offices and such) and influence, but also a lot more responsibilities like whenever any province is under a serious threat is your duty to defend it and the whole imperium, while also trying to maintain every province in order and deal with secessionists, heretics, rebels and so on....

Honestly that's what I expected when first knew CA were going to do a Total Warhammer.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; December 01, 2018 at 02:52 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

According to CA_Grace reddit comment, we will probably see update before end of the year
    Grace_CA Creative Assembly26 points

We hope to have these fixed in the next update - I can't give an exact date on that yet but hopefully before the end of the year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...ing_we/eapf9jz

New blogpost about what are teams working on:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-t...-november-2018

beta patch before holidays!
    We’re not resting on our laurels, though, and are taking the time to look at the fan feedback following its release and at Total War: WARHAMMER II in general with a view to releasing an open beta before we all break for the holidays to fix a few bugs, update the Total War: WARHAMMER I races’ skills trees to be more in line with their Total War: WARHAMMER II counterparts, and do some general quality of life fixes to ensure you have something new to get stuck into over the festive season.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by CA
    The Fantasy team is in a world of their own. It is a dark world, pulled apart by ceaseless conflict, but this is where the magic happens. No more news for now.
    I do hope they don't dump a Age of Crapmar on us....
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Patrician Artifex

I hope so too... I want a bigger World in the same settings, not something completly separate..

About the bug that crashes the game in Mortal Empires whenever you or the AI destroy a Vampire Coast faction, well, the DLC was called «Curse of the Vampire Coast», so I guess the "Vampirate" factions should be... cursed Now, jokes aside, it is indeed a very serious bug, a game-breaking one that rendered ME unplayable since the last patch. In my view it should have been fixed already. Let's hope for that new patch to address this issue.

Patrician Artifex

CA just announced the patch

It's a beta, but it includes:
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when a Vampire Coast faction owning Pirate Coves was destroyed.

Many bug corrections, rework of Old World leader skills.

And some balancing

Capitalised the “I” in “Infamy” in the Race Attributes section for all Vampire Coast factions on the Lord selection screen, making them literally playable again.

In case you miss it guys, there is 6 day long christmas total holiday event with small gifts from CA. Like Wallpapers...
    https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home/holidays18
    I already made general post because the event is for every TW not just Wh:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post15713533

But today, the second day we got little text dungeon and there were some possible hints? (Last year we got hints for 3K)

Basic story - you are vampire - getting to port city - doing some exploration/killing - finding ship full of undead. There are a few points which might be interesting or how to say it, they standing out from otherwise very generic story..

Using the dagger from your unfortunate friend you cut the string securing the box and flip it open. Inside is a woodcut depicting the broken body of large bird falling into the sea. You fish out a crumpled piece of paper from the bottom of the box – it has the word “ALBATROSS” scrawled across it in a frantic hand, and it’s been underlined several times.
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/..._the_Albatross
    -priests,navigators,Manann,Marienburg

At the table nearest the fireplace sits a man in a long, ornate coat and wide-brimmed hat who seems to be poring over a small book.

“Your eyes…” he hisses, pocketing the book and half rising from his chair.

He lurches out after you, his ruined limb hanging limply by his side as struggles to pull something out of his coat – you think you see the butt of a pistol glimmer in the street’s sickly light.

While he’s fumbling for his weapon, you dart forward with the dagger and plunge it deep into his chest.
    He reflexively grabs your arm, his eyes impossibly wide as he stares at you with an expression somewhere between disbelief and pure, unfettered hatred.
    The man enthusiastically curses your existence even as the blood begins to bubble up in his throat, slowly sliding to the ground before shuddering and growing still.

Blood wells forth anew as you remove the dagger from his chest but you stop yourself – something isn’t quite right with this man, and despite the ever-present thirst burning at the back of your mind you feel like it might be best not to imbibe.
    Looking down, you notice the book he had been so engrossed in at the tavern has fallen out of his pocket and onto the ground.
    -quess who is wearing wide-brimmed hat, pistols and hates vampires and his blood would kill vampire in case of drinking..that is happening when you try to drink him.
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Witch_Hunter

You pick up the book and spend a few moments leafing through it.
    It’s filled from cover to cover with frenzied writings in a variety of similar but different hands, and while it’s hard to discern a common theme you do note that none of the authors seem to beparticularly fond of lizards.
    You root through the shop’s wares with great determination, but it’s just as you expect – junk.At one point you manage to put your hand on a particularly strange trinket – square and made of some kind of questionable metal with a large glass jewel set in its centre.Is it… glowing?No, it’s just a trick of this awful light.

You peer through the grimy barred window and out into the night – then realise there’s something obscuring your view.
    Stuck to the filthy pane is a yellowing poster, upon which you can just about make out the outline of majestic figure wearing an elaborate headdress and arms spread wide.
    The headline is too sun-bleached to read, but you think you can just about make out the Bretonnian coat of arms in one of the corners.
    -it sounds like the revivication crystal from the VC trailer.

Until a small, glittering eye opens. Then another. Then another.
    With a flurry of excited chittering something sharp suddenly hooks through the flesh of your forearm, and whatever it is at the other end of it attempts to forcibly pull you through the insufficiently large gap.
    -yeah Skavens

Your lift your lantern over the large wooden table and study its surface.
    A highly detailed map depicting the Lustrian coast is carved therein, although its intricacy is marred by a number of ugly crosses that somebody seems to have stabbed into it with a far cruder tool.

You carefully lift the lid of the chest and, against your better judgement, reach inside.
    Despite its size, there’s only one thing in here: a small music box made from what appears to be driftwood.
    You crack it open and a few bars of an old sea shanty that sounds strangely familiar echo in the dark.

You take out the music box, open it, and hold it up in front of the statue.
    The familiar strains of a pirate shanty ring out, filling the oppressive darkness of the room as a tiny fanged skull turns in its centre (how gauche).
    With a terrible grinding sound, the statue starts to move, somehow descending into the deck.
    Moments later a horrific stench assaults your senses, and everything in the room starts to slide to one side.

The darkness around you now seems to be seething and twisting, and before long a gaggle of broken undead bodies are climbing down the ceilings and walls towards you.
    In fact, the whole ship seems to be moving around you in slow, methodical jolts.
    You look down through what was once the door but there are even more of those wailing creatures crawling up to meet you.

Strange laughter rattles out from somewhere above you, the creatures around you suddenly stopping their advance.
    As look you look up, you see two red points of light glinting at you from whatever part of the “ship” now serves as a roof.
    “Looking for a crew, are you?” a deep disembodied voice asks.
    -ending with tripple yes options to join the crew.

So guys, seeing anything interesting?
    Last edited by Daruwind; December 20, 2018 at 07:48 PM.

Small Christmas theorycrafting:
    1)Sixth day of Total Holiday is showing 20:40 minutes long video of fireplace with socks for every base race of Wh2.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Christmas-2018
    2)SteamDB, Warhammer 2 branch blackbird got yet another update today....who is working on Holiday?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15715455

Could it be, that we will get tomorrow (25.12. due to CA being british company) something?