Thread: mainly a little region naming issue

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Default mainly a little region naming issue

Greetings,

finally, I have found the time to begin playing a campaign thoroughly instead of just fooling around for a couple of turns; as a German I have been interested in the HRE first.
    Yet, I don't have a campaign report that would bring any noteable news differing a lot from what others have already reported.

But there are some small things, of which I don't know, if they've been already mentioned:
    OberFranken, UnterFranken, NiederSachsen... Those capital letters in the middle of these names should not be there. In English these regions would be called "Upper Franconia", "Lower Franconia", "Lower Saxonia" etc., in German we connect those parts to just one word. So, make those capital letters small ones, please (Oberfranken, Unterfranken, etc.).

Kirchfürstenung - There is no such thing. Fürstenung should be Fürstentum, but there is no such thing as a Kirchfürstentum. What you meant, I think, was Erzbistum (archbishopric), since Salzburg and Mainz, the regions at which I noticed that first, both became archbishoprics during the 8th century.

Oh, and Flanders is Flandre in French, so it should be named Comté de Flandre.

The map feels great. To be honest, however, I'm playing with the descr_unit-file from GrandViZ' mod, that means, with really long ways available for all units to march. It's just, that not even infantry should take years to cross the realm. The AI handles that well on this big map till now, but I'll keep looking for anything feeling not right.
    Altogether I'm using the following setup:
    * Anno Domini map (Pleeeease, let us take part in testing and release the fixes you've done since releasing AD light. The map available right now is pretty old, and you've mentioned quite many things done in the meantime already... )
    * Shaba Wangy Diplo. Mod 1.5 (with the text files from 1.3; I like the true names!)
    * Candelarius' Small Fixes Mod
    * DarthMod
    * As mentioned, the descr_units.txt from GrandViZ' mod.

-Der Ketzerfreund.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Default Re: mainly a little region naming issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    Greetings,
    Kirchfürstenung - There is no such thing. Fürstenung should be Fürstentum, but there is no such thing as a Kirchfürstentum. What you meant, I think, was Erzbistum (archbishopric), since Salzburg and Mainz, the regions at which I noticed that first, both became archbishoprics during the 8th century.
    Fürsterzbistum actually. Already changed. I know composite names don't have capital letters into them but it was a "trick" to bring in evidence the "real" duchy name (like Franken, Sachsen, etc). If you can give some advice how to accomplish it in correct grammar

MacManus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: mainly a little region naming issue

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Fürsterzbistum actually. Already changed. I know composite names don't have capital letters into them but it was a "trick" to bring in evidence the "real" duchy name (like Franken, Sachsen, etc). If you can give some advice how to accomplish it in correct grammar
    Bistum Salzburg -> later Erzbistum

same like duke and archduke