Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires Elysium: Roman Wars

Default Re: Ancient Empires Elysium: Roman Wars

@ ahowl11

Excellent wine needs time...

@ non-binary person

To be frank. I don't know what you're talking about.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome!

Well, I hope that you finish your work. It is a great job, specially the trees and landscapes. I would like to know more about units and factions.
    I hope that you delight us with a massive preview.

Good luck and good night.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

@ N-BPerson

Thanks for rep .

@ isa0005

Thanks. I'm working on final versions of climates.

@ Solon de Atenas

I still try and it's closer and closer. To be sincere massive preview needs separate forum and I have one thread here . So for now I'll concentrate on selected materials. Thanks and good night .

Climate #2

Last edited by limes; July 18, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

What about Deserts?

Oh my lord, Limes!! Awesome landscapes!!

Please, show us the arid lands, as ahowl11 asked.

=)

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

@limes, If you want you can use some of my trees if you need any, just ask and I'll pm you them

Thanks guys. For postulate and rep.

Deserts are too empty to show it . Just sand and nothing more .

There are couple versions of raw climate for AEE:RW (sandy desert, stony desert, semi-arid, mixed dry) . Due to engine limitations I have to make decisions what kind of climate will be applied finally to the game. Then it will be shown publicly. The same thing about summer/autumn/winter face of AEE: RW climates. I prefer more autumn in place of snowy winters to show more refined colours of nature. Of course it doesn't mean there is no snowy winter in AEE: RW .

Climate #3

AEERWmeditsamn by limes maximus, on Flickr
    Last edited by limes; July 23, 2018 at 06:08 PM.

Makes sense, the limitations really make it hard and frustrating sometimes. But then again this game is 15 years old, and it's nice that we still have a small community dedicated to it!
    Looking beautiful as always, that model of the Samnites, is it a Ferres inspired Algaman model?

Hey Limes, about the engine limitations I have a good new. There are two not used climates on RTW. Mediterranean and Volcanic (these are the internal name of them). I tested to use the Mediterranean one and it works!! I think that volcanic will work as well, this last one not tested yet...

To make it work completely you need even to work on descr_geography.db (otherwise you will get a CTD when you go into battle), also some others files that probably you know.

In addition, I saw your flickr... A W E S O M E

=)

@ ahowl11

Thanks and yes, this unit on the first plan is Algaman's unit mixed with my 3d breastplate. I use couple of his units combined with mine.

@ Solon

Thanks. Good news about mediterranean and volcanic slots. I tried to use default climate and in result I had CTD. Then I stopped to try with next possibilities.
    Tell me Solon what tool do you use to edit descr_geography_db file? There is no "mediterranean" or "volcanic" climate in my descr_geography_db editor.

My units.

AEERwddd by limes maximus, on Flickr

AEERWccc by limes maximus, on Flickr

AEERWbbb by limes maximus, on Flickr
    Last edited by limes; July 26, 2018 at 03:28 PM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice work done here. Well done limes

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

@squid I think it's time to update the DB editor! Perhaps you could also add a copy-paste ability

For now you could use a hex editor.

If you check in RTW vanilla (clean files) you will find this in the descr_cliates.txt

climates (donīt forget that the entries have to be listed in this order)
    {
    test_climate
    sandy_desert
    rocky_desert
    ;mediterranean
    temperate_grassland_fertile
    temperate_grassland_infertile
    temperate_forest_open
    temperate_forest_deep
    swamp
    highland
    alpine
    sub_arctic
    ;volcanic
    semi_arid

You know that the "mediterranean" climate used by RTW is actually test_climate, but there are two new cliamtes block by this ";". Yoy have to remove this ";" for both of them and create new entries in the descr_climates.txt. (Yo can copy-paste from other existing cliamte and only add the new name "mediterranean" or "volcanic"). Then, if you has finished, you have yo set up the propper vegetation entries on descr_vegetation.txt (as you difined on descr_climates.txt). This is an example:

climate medieterranean (all entry copied from text_climate)
    {
    colour 220 220 150
    heat 3
    winter

strategy summer sparse_tree olive_a.cas 2
    strategy summer sparse_tree cypress_a.cas 2
    strategy summer dense_tree olive_a_impassable.cas 2
    strategy summer dense_tree cypress_a_impassable.cas 2
    strategy summer canopy olive_a_impassable.cas 2
    strategy summer canopy cypress_a_impassable.cas 2

strategy winter sparse_tree olive_a.cas 2
    strategy winter sparse_tree cypress_a.cas 2
    strategy winter dense_tree olive_a_impassable.cas 2
    strategy winter dense_tree cypress_a_impassable.cas 2
    strategy winter canopy olive_a_impassable.cas 2
    strategy winter canopy cypress_a_impassable.cas 2

battle_vegetation
    dense_forest RTRA_MEDITERRANEAN_FOREST_SUMMER (You can use an existing one on descr_vegetation.txt)
    dense_scrub RTRA_MEDITERRANEAN_SHRUB_SUMMER(You can use an existing one on descr_vegetation.txt)

battle_winter_vegetation
    dense_forest RTRA_MEDITERRANEAN_FOREST_WINTER(You can use an existing one on descr_vegetation.txt)
    dense_scrub RTRA_MEDITERRANEAN_SHRUB_WINTER(You can use an existing one on descr_vegetation.txt)
    env_map data/battlefield/envmaps/grass.dds
    }

It is very important that you locate the new climate entries in the same order that they are listed on the descr_climates.txt, as I told you.

Then you should add new entries for ground type textures on descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt. Also, you should create the folder for textures on battlemap on data\terrain\battlefield, and be sure that the two new climates appear as well on climates.txt into text folder. In addition, you should check that exist another entry on descr_geography.txt if not you can copy it from an existing one, and then generate the trees files deleting descr_vegetation.db (in case that you are not using an existing of them) and all these things that you already know... Finally, when you will open descr_vegetation.db with hex heditor, it should appear the climates that you unblock.

I have made a quick synthesis so I hope that I donīt forget anything but a few months ago I tried to unblock the mediterranean climate slot and it woks!!
    Please, tried it and let me know if you could access to campaign or battlemap.

=)

@ Thanks .

@ Solon

Thanks, but so far the only thing I need is updated tool to edit descr_geography_db file (by Squid ). I know how to add new climate . The only problem is full edition of climate factors (terrain curvature, materials for different types of terrain, terrain generaition) but try to avoid to use hex editor due to lack of time ...

Ok, I understand. I took paper and pencil to copy the parameters of an existing one... it is quite annoying. Then good luck, we will wait for more news about your mod.

=)

Any news for us? Its been a while!

Yeah. it's been a while... .

So, is there any new updates then? Info on a release perhaps?

Yes, no, mabe?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast