Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Our votes are like bullets, we have only one "shot"
    Agree, we should have more shots, there are some good categories to vote for more than only one nominee.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

+1

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    reposting here what i posted in the vote threads.

Why has people of rome 2 been categorised as overhaul/compilation mod?

It is neither a compilation nor is it an overhaul mod. It is a gameplay mod that creates a new gameplay mechanic without overhauling existing mechanics.

Whats more strange is:
    a) The DeI implemenation of this mod has been voted as a separate mod in in the gameplay section. The DeI version is mostly the same code except that it is integrated with other DeI mechanics and balanced to meet the requirements of DeI mod team.
    b) the AE citizenship mod which does relatively the same thing for Attila has been categorised as a gameplay mod.

This categorisation unfairly harms the chances of the mod winning its category by putting it into a much more difficult category to win.

I get that categorisation is final, but perhaps you could explain the decision to put only this mod in the overhaul/compilation category but the other 2 mods which are pretty much the same (DeI vesion of this mod) or similar (attila population mechanic) are both placed into gameplay?
    Sent you a PM about it.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

@ Jox & Araval.

About the extra votes: as far as I know since the very beginning of the Awards there was always just one vote per category, and for a good reason: it does not make much sense to have many ties who will need then extra voting in order to define who's going to win.
    To expand, see the example: each title has 2-5 main mods who are likely going to be known by everyone here at TWC, and if everyone has the chance to vote for, let's say, 3 mods per category, then we will most probably end up with a lot of ties, that is. You have the chance to show your appreciation to a mod/modder during the nominations phase (in some cases to up to 5 nominations per category), but you have to pick your favorite during the voting phase. Having a second round of votes for breaking ties would be a waste of time and efforts and it's not that running the Awards is such a quick job (I mean, we will only need more time to get to a conclusion).

I have an idea in mind, however, and will discuss it with the fellow commitee members, to be possibly applied in the next edition.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [Napoleon 2016] Compilation and Overhaul Mods

Darthmod?

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Napoleon 2016] Compilation and Overhaul Mods

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post
    Darthmod?
    Darthmod isn't eligible for 2016; it has been included in the Classic Hosted Mod/Overhaul Award, that you can find here .
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Are there requirements to vote in the polls btw? The TWC Wiki says a user needs to "have 25 posts and been registered for at least one week"

That is just a technical anti-bot thing and is enforced automatically: Before 25 posts/one week you are not even shown the option to vote in a poll, IIRC.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Not many people have voted in the Resources section, those tools and users helped make all of these modding endeavours possible.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's a new category, added this year. And not all members are modding.
    Most of the people who don't mod, probably don't even know these tools/tutorials/resources and/or aren't able to vote in that category.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Congratulations to all the winners (still quite a few votes left to finish though).

Hello gentlemen, just asking, is there a set time to wait before one can get his award showing under the avatar \ rep? The contest ended two days ago after all.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

It is going to take a bit. Only an admin can do it and there are several categories in each game genre.

Polls have closed and are now being processed. On behalf of the committee, thank you for your participation and patience.

Blog Entries

Fisrt, I apologize for being off during the last two weeks, but I'm having unexpected personal issues which are causing me quite a lot of troubles. However, now I'm back, even if not at 100%, so I'll be working on publishing the official results and delivering the medals as soon as possible.

However, congrats to all the winners and many thanks to the whole commitee for their wonderful job!

Congratulations to all winners. Thanks to all participants and voters. Thanks to the whole commitee for their great efforts while creating and managing the awards!

Blog Entries

All the medals for the Most Popular Modder categories winners have been delivered. If for any reason I've missed someone, please send me a PM about, thanks!

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you for doing this, appreciated! And congratulations to all winners, well-deserved!
    Last edited by Ygraine; June 09, 2017 at 05:49 AM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

For me everything is correct. Thank you very much for your attention

P.S: Congratulations for all winners

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks to the Modding Awards Committee for all of the work you did - the art work, advertising, deciding which categories to use, listing candidate mods, administration, updating the Hall of Fame and so on.

Congratulations to all nominees and winners!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast