Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [2016] Empire - Nomination Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm curious. Can an old mod like DarthMod Empire be nominated for a modding award when the mod already won a modding award several years ago?

Also, if that's allowed can a retired modder be nominated for a modding award and AFAIK both HusserlTW (he mods are not nominated, no mods I am aware of) and DARTH VADER has retired from modding.

There is another thing I want to bring up and that's create a wiki page at TWC wiki about modding awards and who won what award in what year.

http://www.twcenter.net/w/index.php?...g+Awards&go=Go
    According to the rules it's perfectly acceptable, well that's how i read it

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

It can be (and will be actually) nominated in the Classical category.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    2 weeks? Why so long if I may ask
    well there are different decisions to be taken within the commitee; also, preparing and checking all the poll threads is going to be a long and slow task, unfortunately
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    well there are different decisions to be taken within the commitee; also, preparing and checking all the poll threads is going to be a long and slow task, unfortunately
    Thank you

Still nothing?

Blog Entries

Coming soon...
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Actually, everything is ready, we are up to make the voting polls; unfortunately, as I said before, this is the slowest and most boring part of the job, as there will be 42 (!!!) of them. Please be patient, if we are to make the things well we need to check everything at least twice

@ Jox; my friend, the Commitee is open to any modder who wants to participate with ideas and support, so let me know in case you wish to join us
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Actually, everything is ready, we are up to make the voting polls; unfortunately, as I said before, this is the slowest and most boring part of the job, as there will be 42 (!!!) of them. Please be patient, if we are to make the things well we need to check everything at least twice

@ Jox; my friend, the Commitee is open to any modder who wants to participate with ideas and support, so let me know in case you wish to join us
    Oh really, how can I help you? (feel free to PM)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ooh can I join as well? (So long as it doesn't take up an insane amount of time)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Oh really, how can I help you? (feel free to PM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Ooh can I join as well? (So long as it doesn't take up an insane amount of time)
    Pm sent

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Two weeks are over
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Blog Entries

And we are live!

The modding awards have now entered the voting phase.

In order to get to single polls, please feel free to use the dedicated thread.

In case you have any question or comment, please feel free to use this thread. The voting polls are just for voting, that is. You are not allowed to say who you voted for or to advocate votes for this or that mod. Posts that breaks this rule will be removed, and repeated offenders will be handed over to Moderation.

An important new: we have created ad hoc the new Classic Most Popular Modder award; basically, there were so many nominations of (great) modders who were not eligible for the 2016 Awards that instead of discarding them we created this new category, so that they can still be voted for. However, this is just an honorary award, so even if a medal is provided, it won't be updated on the winner's profile (he'll still have the right to show it in his signature, if he wants).

Also, here you can find the original ES article; furthermore, below is the list of the actual Commitee, if you want to show them some appreciation just click on the little + button close to their names.

Lifthrasir
    Iskar
    Shankbot de Bodemloze
    Steph
    b0Gia de Bodemloze
    PikeStance
    Frunk
    Flinn

Flinn,
    on behalf of the Modding Awards Commitee
    Last edited by Flinn; May 12, 2017 at 09:57 AM.

Good luck guys/gals, may the best modders win.

Blog Entries

Be the modding force with you

Default Re: [Attila 2016] Audio, Visuals and Unit Mods

A mistake may have been made in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-Unit-Mods
    According to the links, both Radious Units and Radious Units 2 are the same mod, perhaps v2 is just an update but shouldn't they still be counted as the same?

You may want to seek confirmation from Radious and perhaps merge the votes for the two different versions?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 12, 2017 at 06:18 AM. Reason: link added after the post has been moved

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

reposting here what i posted in the vote threads.

Why has people of rome 2 been categorised as overhaul/compilation mod?

It is neither a compilation nor is it an overhaul mod. It is a gameplay mod that creates a new gameplay mechanic without overhauling existing mechanics.

Whats more strange is:
    a) The DeI implemenation of this mod has been voted as a separate mod in in the gameplay section. The DeI version is mostly the same code except that it is integrated with other DeI mechanics and balanced to meet the requirements of DeI mod team.
    b) the AE citizenship mod which does relatively the same thing for Attila has been categorised as a gameplay mod.

This categorisation unfairly harms the chances of the mod winning its category by putting it into a much more difficult category to win.

I get that categorisation is final, but perhaps you could explain the decision to put only this mod in the overhaul/compilation category but the other 2 mods which are pretty much the same (DeI vesion of this mod) or similar (attila population mechanic) are both placed into gameplay?

Blog Entries

Magnar, we will answer to your questions as soon as possible; however, as a general rule, if one category presents only one nomination, it is merged into another category (the one who is most closed to it in terms of what the mod is doing), this is the only chance to keep it alive, otherwise we would have discarded it. Same logic that we used when we created the Classic Most Popular modder award.

However, I wish to remind that the Commitee is composed largely by modders who volunteer to help to run it (otherwise, it would not be possible to have any award, on a fan site like TWC, where people does the things for free). The Commitee always works to create the fairest possible rules and to make the competition as fair as possible, unfortunately, as the variables are so many, and the opinions are subjective, it's not possible to satisfy everybody 100%, nor is possible to see all the possible consequences of a new rules/category or decision made by the Commitee.

The person who took care of listing and checking the nominations for Rome 2 will answer to your questions, certainly we will not disclose what's the discussion that led to any internal decision of the Commitee, at least not publicly.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Attila 2016] Audio, Visuals and Unit Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    A mistake may have been made in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-Unit-Mods
    According to the links, both Radious Units and Radious Units 2 are the same mod, perhaps v2 is just an update but shouldn't they still be counted as the same?

You may want to seek confirmation from Radious and perhaps merge the votes for the two different versions?
    Radious Total Units adds units for Attila base version while RTU 2 adds units for the Charlemagne DLC, they are distinct mods.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Our votes are like bullets, we have only one "shot"
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast