Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: [2016 Modding Awards] Discussion Thread

How long does the nomination phase last till? End of April?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The nomination period should end in about 2 weeks (the 21st if I remember correctly) but it might be extended on Committee discretion.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [2016] Empire - Nomination Thread

I should note I released three mods in 2016. Sea Power was released on January 19, 2016

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm curious. Can an old mod like DarthMod Empire be nominated for a modding award when the mod already won a modding award several years ago?

Also, if that's allowed can a retired modder be nominated for a modding award and AFAIK both HusserlTW (he mods are not nominated, no mods I am aware of) and DARTH VADER has retired from modding.

There is another thing I want to bring up and that's create a wiki page at TWC wiki about modding awards and who won what award in what year.

http://www.twcenter.net/w/index.php?...g+Awards&go=Go
    Last edited by Leonardo; April 11, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm curious. Can an old mod like DarthMod Empire be nominated for a modding award when the mod already won a modding award several years ago?

Also, if that's allowed can a retired modder be nominated for a modding award and AFAIK both HusserlTW (he mods are not nominated, no mods I am aware of) and DARTH VADER has retired from modding.

There is another thing I want to bring up and that's create a wiki page at TWC wiki about modding awards and who won what award in what year.

What about the great modding contribution of the modders today and their mods?

Blog Entries

@ Leonardo and PikeStance, I've moved your posts here. Nominations threads are only for nominations basically.

@ Leonardo, a mod can winn the award during several years. If the mod hasn't been updated during 2016, you can nominate it in the classical section. Regarding the "retired modder" nominaton, the answer will come soon

@ PikeStance, we'll check the mod you linked and will add it to the list if we have missed it. To answer to your question above, I'm not sure to get it There's the "Favorite Modder" category for such nomination.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I should note I released three mods in 2016. Sea Power was released on January 19, 2016
    Empire list updated accordingly

We are discussing this point; technically only modders who have been active during 2016 can be nominated for the favorite modder category, but please wait for an official answer; we are also considering to create a new category for retired modders similar to that of the classical mods, though if we will decide to do so it will only be included in the next edition of the Awards (2017).

We already have the Hall of Fame thread, but I will submit your idea to the Wiki team, thanks for bringing this up!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: we plan to close to nomination phase by Sunday the 23rd of April 2017
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

The_Culverin's Avatar Civis

How will mods who win be rewarded? Will it just be the leader(s) of the team or the entire team that is rewarded?

(By the way, it's great that we can have the awards again this year! Thanks for doing this! )

You look like a cat but you smell like a dog! -Butch the Bully

Blog Entries

Unless I'm mistaken, your mod will be in the Hall of Fame and the team will have the right to use the award (small) under their avatar and/or in their signature (usually the large model). You will be able to use it in your mod forum/thread as well.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    and the team will have the right to use the award (small) under their avatar
    Never heard or seen that; that's for those who win individually awards only?

You will be able to use it in your mod forum/thread as well.
    Aye, makes for a neat bling hehe.
    Example:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post10664879

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Never heard or seen that; that's for those who win individually awards only?
    I honestly don't know but if you look on the previous page, you'll see that Swiss Haleberdier does it for instance. You as well btw (2012 Modding Award)

@ Leonardo and PikeStance, I've moved your posts here. Nominations threads are only for nominations basically.
    I thought I clicked on my first post to bring it here, but I still forgot to delete. Good thing I didn't.

@ PikeStance, To answer to your question above, I'm not sure to get it There's the "Favorite Modder" category for such nomination.
    Why go out of your way to reward someone who may or may not bother to visit the forum and ignore the great mods and modders of today. This is their time to be recognized for what they did in 2016. And, yes, past mods still enjoy by people today are deserving of recognition, but it should never be at the expense of modders today. It is my opinion of course, but I really hate to see a modder that has produced great content today lose to a modder that hasn't done anything in three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Empire list updated accordingly
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Why go out of your way to reward someone who may or may not bother to visit the forum and ignore the great mods and modders of today. This is their time to be recognized for what they did in 2016. And, yes, past mods still enjoy by people today are deserving of recognition, but it should never be at the expense of modders today. It is my opinion of course, but I really hate to see a modder that has produced great content today lose to a modder that hasn't done anything in three years.
    I see your point now. That's actually in discussion in the Committee at present.

Just to add; I always thought they should be two types awards. The best mod in that year and the best overall mod. This way popular mod to loved and played bau many gets recognized for their excellence and great newly made mods get credit to. The suggest was ignored when i first suggested a few years back. It is worth reconsideration IMO.

Blog Entries

It has been implemented this year with the addition of the Classical Category in each serie.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I see your point now. That's actually in discussion in the Committee at present.
    Perhaps ex-modders such as Darth and King Kong (Third Age) just get an honorary mention if they're nominated by enough people? That way votes aren't given to them that should properly go towards still active members. You could have a "Classical Modders" category, but since they're not active they don't really need an actual award. This would apply to still-active members who didn't mod that particular game in 2016 I guess (so they aren't nominated for Most Popular Modder).
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; April 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Perhaps ex-modders such as Darth and King Kong (Third Age) just get an honorary mention if they're nominated by enough people? That way votes aren't given to them that should properly go towards still active members. You could have a "Classical Modders" category, but since they're not active they don't really need an actual award. This would apply to still-active members who didn't mod that particular game in 2016 I guess (so they aren't nominated for Most Popular Modder).
    Only completely inactive modders will be discounted from those nominations, do feel free to nominate any modder who's still active, even if he/she did not release anything major during 2016; in any case the Commitee will check all the nominations and decide if one or more need to be discounted. As anyone can guess, it's pretty difficult to define when a modder is active or not, so in case we have doubts about a nomination (so to say we can't see a clear proof of his activity during 2016) we will get in contact with those who nominated that modder to ask more info about, before we move to the voting phase.
    To expand: there are many ways of being active and many modders interact each others regularly even if they don't post publicly in the fora or simply they are parts of different teams and/or keep providing feedback/support for their stuff even if they have not released anything new.

@ Ngugi; only modders will be rewarded with a medal under their avatar; those medals are there for all the categories though, which means that any mod/tool that won an award has the right to show that medal in it's OP (or to make celebrating signatures/banners to be used by fans, for instance) and that any modder of these mods/tools has the right to show in his signature/profile that his works has been rewarded with those medals. Besides, as Lifth said, there's still the Hall of Fame.
    In case anyone has a precise question on how to celebrate victories in the Modding Awards for mods/tools, please send me a PM about.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Nominations are now over!

Voting phase should open in maximum 2 weeks from today, we will keep you updated in any case with global and local announcements!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

2 weeks? Why so long if I may ask

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    2 weeks? Why so long if I may ask
    We need our time, Modding Awards is a time consuming process.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast