Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA has a Youtube countdown active for the next Total War title reveal. Is it about Warhammer or the next historical title???

Default CA has a Youtube countdown active for the next Total War title reveal. Is it about Warhammer or the next historical title???

Here is the countdown link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfTdqqjbW0
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Default Re: CA has a Youtube countdown active for the next Total War title reveal. Is it about Warhammer or the next historical title???

With absolute certainty the next Warhammer game.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Default Re: CA has a Youtube countdown active for the next Total War title reveal. Is it about Warhammer or the next historical title???

April's 1st trolling.

Several other games have come up with similar types of "jokes" for that day over the years.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

except the countdown stops on the 30th of March.
    And the image shows Lustria

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    I'm going to LoL if it turns out to be a historical title about the Americas.

Its Lustria

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I'm sooo digging Lizardmen. love their lore

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Sorry to ruin the fun, but this is what is happening on the 31st:

4pm: The future of Total War: WARHAMMER. Join developers from Creative Assembly for an exclusive look at what's next for the Total War: WARHAMMER series. Fans won't want to miss this!

Source: https://www.egx.net/rezzed/2017/developer-sessions-2017
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    It actually stops on the 31st, but so what? Companies almost always do such "jokes" a few days before or after April 1st to make it less obvious and more believable.

As for Lustria, how do you know? Wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Sorry to ruin the fun, but this is what is happening on the 31st:

4pm: The future of Total War: WARHAMMER. Join developers from Creative Assembly for an exclusive look at what's next for the Total War: WARHAMMER series. Fans won't want to miss this!

Source: https://www.egx.net/rezzed/2017/developer-sessions-2017
    This suggests that they will officially announce the warhammer sequel and they'll show the first cinematic trailer. That's quite possible.
    Last edited by perifanosEllinas; March 29, 2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    As for Lustria, how do you know? Wishful thinking?
    Has jungles and an Aztec style pyramid. That says Lizardmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Has jungles and an Aztec style pyramid. That says Lizardmen.
    This.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Or Southlands.....okay thatīs like 1% chance but there are too lizardmen and their pyramid style cities.....(And Skaven, Elves, all human kinds, ......)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I for one can't wait to welcome our new Skaven underlords.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I just got Warhammer End Times: Vermintide, and I'm really looking forward to see some Skaven
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I just don't get Skaven, they seem kinda dumb overall. And that's by the same standards I judge Orks to be okay with.

Meh, depends on where you first see them for the impression. Earlier games like Mark of chaos and non-Felix and Gotrek novels really put emphasis on their terrifying status as lurking horrors that just need to unite to overrun the world in sheer numbers. The rpg supplement "Terror in Talabheim" did a great job to in immersing your party as a group of adventurers caught up in a city being overrun by them as officials commit suicide because they damned themselves to protect their families from "made-up monsters" that blackmail them to seeing knights get shot by snipers using warpstone bullets and when their comrades try to help them their wounds burst into tentacles and strangle them thanks to the taint. All the while a plague is infecting the city that the Skaven used to spread terror before their attack.

Other later materials kinda focus more on their comedic side as insane rat-men who can't stop backstabbing eachother.

So yeah, first impressions and all that.
    Last edited by Baron of Hyrule; March 30, 2017 at 10:20 PM.

Whenever I think of Ratmen plotting to conquer the world I can't help but think of Pinky and Brain so it's naturally comedic to me
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

It depends. If you are lonely miner (especially a human) a few hundred feet deep...being hunted by big rats and all you can hear is just their hissing and claws on rocks. Skavens are strong when they spring the trap with all the snipers and backstabbers and even a few giant rats...... but when you remove the surprise and manage to hold your ground,well they are just pack of rats with no morale....
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Hyrule View Post
    Meh, depends on where you first see them for the impression. Earlier games like Mark of chaos and non-Felix and Gotrek novels really put emphasis on their terrifying status as lurking horrors that just need to unite to overrun the world in sheer numbers. The rpg supplement "Terror in Talabheim" did a great job to in immersing your party as a group of adventurers caught up in a city being overrun by them as officials commit suicide because they damned themselves to protect their families from "made-up monsters" that blackmail them to seeing knights get shot by snipers using warpstone bullets and when their comrades try to help them their wounds burst into tentacles and strangle them thanks to the taint. All the while a plague is infecting the city that the Skaven used to spread terror before their attack.

Other later materials kinda focus more on their comedic side as insane rat-men who can't stop backstabbing eachother.

So yeah, first impressions and all that.
    Yeah I got that second one. Though from what I understand they basically won in the End Times, foiling most the heroes plans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast