Thread: Modding Help

Default Modding Help

I'm trying to edit the unit stats table in _GreatWar_DB.pack so that tanks and machine gun bunkers have a more than 3 men in them. There's a bug that automatically disbands units that have fewer than a certain number of men, which is why tanks and machine gun bunkers disappear after campaign battles. You'd think that editing the pack file to increase the number of men in those units would work as a band aid until 5.2 comes out. For some reason, after changing the pack file, tanks and mg bunkers are still at 3 men.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Default Re: Modding Help

Plagueis1017, Are you obviously waiting for the version 5.2 update that has long been released and is being updated through the launcher? Or you have not seen that when four people are sitting in the bunker and one or two are killed, then a couple of people get out of the bunker and head towards the player's military positions .. I think that even if you plant ten people inside the bunker, then when they kill, they will decrease in Quantity. In addition, at the beginning of the battle, the bunker slides over the surface of the earth. But why does not it disappear ..

Default Re: Modding Help

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    Plagueis1017, Are you obviously waiting for the version 5.2 update that has long been released and is being updated through the launcher? Or you have not seen that when four people are sitting in the bunker and one or two are killed, then a couple of people get out of the bunker and head towards the player's military positions .. I think that even if you plant ten people inside the bunker, then when they kill, they will decrease in Quantity. In addition, at the beginning of the battle, the bunker slides over the surface of the earth. But why does not it disappear ..
    If 5.2 is out, then why does the game still have all of the bugs the devs said they were going to fix in 5.2? I remember reading in a forum that the launcher says the game is version 5.2, but the actual mod itself is still in 5.1.

It's really annoying to send an army into enemy territory, then lose a chunk of your army after a battle while it's in a position where it cant be reinforced easily. This is especially the case for the UK since you have to get troops across the English channel which makes the process take even longer.

Oh the tanks, and mg bunkers in my game definitely have 3 men not 4.