Thread: What are the permissions for using Warhammer; COW and BotET units as base models?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default What are the permissions for using Warhammer; COW and BotET units as base models?

Hello guys - i was wondering what the permissions are for using Warhammer units in other mods and/or basing new models for other mods on your unita?

As an example, from BotET i would like the Mammuth unit for Game of Thrones - but remade so that it doesn't have any chaos/Warhammer stuff. Pretty much this means the model without any added content. Pretty much resembling the Mammuths from the TV-show.

On the other hand, for COW i would gladly base new Viking models on the NORSCA units. But what are the permissions?

I saw that BotET re-uses the Norsca units of Call of Warhammer. Could a mod such as The Last Kingdom or Wrath of the Norsemen use those models but remade without horned helmets etc?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 26, 2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: What are the permissions for using Warhammer; COW and BotET units as base models?

I don't know about BotET's models, but I know that the CoW team have been very lenient in the past, so long as you give them credits.

PM Lord_Necromancer (he's the current head of the official mod) and ask him.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: What are the permissions for using Warhammer; COW and BotET units as base models?

I'll do that thanks ,
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal