Thread: Watching past replays with past version of mod

Default Watching past replays with past version of mod

Say I have a personal mod. It's a modification of Darthmod and includes 3 files.

It includes darthmod_shogun.pack (type Mod) patch_self.pack (type Patch) Sinfonia_Semplice.pack (type Movie).

I call this version 1.84.
    I play a campaign battle using 1.84, save a replay of it (Owning Takeda v1.84), and watch it immediately afterwards, it all goes 100% according to the battle.

I make some changes in darthmod_shogun.pack and patch_self.pack, and the updated version is 1.85. I overwrite the 1.84 files with 1.85 files.
    I play a campaign battle using 1.85, save a replay of it (Weird Ambush v1.85), and watch it immediately afterwards, it all goes 100% according to the battle.

Now I want to watch the "Owning Takeda v1.84" replay again, I overwrite 1.85 files with the older 1.84 files. HOWEVER, the replay comes out wrong. Only subtle differences but enough to be noticed. It is also consistently wrong, as in no matter how many times I watch it, it plays out the exact same way but wrongly.

I then overwrite the 1.84 files with 1.85 files, to watch "Weird Ambush v1.85". It also comes out wrong with subtle differences to the original battle. It also plays out, wrongly, in the exact same way every time I watch it after.

This leads me to suspect that some other file(s) also determine the outcome of replays along with .pack files. These file could perhaps be temp or cache files that get changed as I switch the .pack files around. If I can find what those file(s) are, I can then group them with the past versions of the mod in order to create the same exact file condition as when the battle was played, in order for replays of past mod versions to be completely accurate.

Could someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by seamus2008; March 26, 2017 at 01:34 AM.