Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

why not Valenwood?? i love the Bosmers archers

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Com'on, I'm destined for grand things! Not some boring stuff like that!

Where do I sign up??

Seriously now, my work in Faerun TW right now is related to 2d art, so I can probably provide some help. Do you want me to try tentatively at first and see how it goes? Not just for 2d art of course; I can manage a few files on my own.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    To not hijack the thread though, let's do this via PMs.

Hey guys and Fans of The Elder Scrolls,

time to start with my new project for this great mod that deserves some nice additions.

Basically, in line with the other submods that I already created for other titles, I will work on a specific submod for this game based on Carnage's patch and the goal is to add new features while we wait for the new Elder Scrolls 1.4 (hope the creators will release it one day as the new planned content is awesome!!)

So, basically, what I'm planning to do:

- overhaul of EDU by increasing numbers and balancing stuff
    - overhaul of EDB by adding new constructions and balancing bonuses
    - new ancillaries and character traits
    - possibly, a few new units
    - new animations
    - new guilds and missions
    - new scripts
    - paramenters' changes in terms of balance and gameplay
    - other minor improvements that I may come up with

Do not expect a release very soon, I will need time to accomplish all this and I cannot mod on a steady basis, but I will try to do my best to publish it asap.

Hope you like it and, for any questions, please let me know!

Cheers,
    rafmc1989

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Hey guys and Fans of The Elder Scrolls,

time to start with my new project for this great mod that deserves some nice additions.

Basically, in line with the other submods that I already created for other titles, I will work on a specific submod for this game based on Carnage's patch and the goal is to add new features while we wait for the new Elder Scrolls 1.4 (hope the creators will release it one day as the new planned content is awesome!!)

So, basically, what I'm planning to do:

- overhaul of EDU by increasing numbers and balancing stuff
    - overhaul of EDB by adding new constructions and balancing bonuses
    - new ancillaries and character traits
    - possibly, a few new units
    - new animations
    - new guilds and missions
    - new scripts
    - paramenters' changes in terms of balance and gameplay
    - other minor improvements that I may come up with

Do not expect a release very soon, I will need time to accomplish all this and I cannot mod on a steady basis, but I will try to do my best to publish it asap.

Hope you like it and, for any questions, please let me know!

Cheers,
    rafmc1989
    Awesome!
    Can't wait!

Alzender's Avatar Libertus

I have just noticed you made a rebalance patch too, sorry

This one is the most up to date right?
    => http://www.mediafire.com/file/6t3541...or+TTW+1.2.rar

I do have a few questions though :

- What are the main difference between yours and Carnage's one? His patches and fixes weigh a few hundred Mo's but yours is only 3Mo. I know size doesn't matter, but still it looks like you made less changes, did you?

- With all the various versions and patches I'm now getting a little confused. Could you confirm this is the right installation order to use your patch:

1 Download and install TES Total War 1.0 Full on Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-elder-...s-tw-v10-full1
    2 DL and install patch 1.2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-elder-...war-patch-v-12
    3 DL and install your 1.2 patch : http://www.mediafire.com/file/6t3541...or+TTW+1.2.rar
    4 Is there a 1.3 somewhere ? I think I saw players mentionning it but I couldn't find it. I know there is a 1.4 version being worked on so, that would make sense.

Is it still needed to install an English patch at some point (and which version?) or is english translation included in the 1.2 patch?
    Finally, is your patch compatible with Carnage's changes or is it an "improved" version of his work making it obsolete? If it is compatible though, at which step do I have to include his patches and fixes in the installation order?

Thank you VERY much in advance for your answers. I'm planning a complete reinstallation of the mod and I would like to have the most up to date, complete and balanced version of it and with all these versions, it's getting a little messy for me
    Last edited by Alzender; February 04, 2017 at 03:25 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Actually its not, the most up to date is this one
    Changelog is here

The installation order you wrote is correct, just replace the last part with what I have linked you to above. English translation is included in 1.2.
    Devs are working on 1.4, there is no 1.3 (at least not from devs). Also, I have made a merged file of 1.2 and my patch, so you can skip one step if you use this

My and Carnage's patch are not compatible. You can use only one at the same time (unless you make two TES folders). My patch is not improved version of carnage's patch. Each of us was working on our own, tho we were in contact (he doesnt seem to be around anymore).

Mo? You mean Mbs? Well, its because I have been working mainly with scripts (tho the new version is going to be much wider in these terms). It has been some time since I played carnage's patch, tho I believe he has been working mainly on units (those files are much larger) and various bugfixing.

I have been working mainly on overall balance between factions in terms of recruitment capabilities, buildings and strenght of units, as we need that in hotseats. Plus I have made some custom campaigns, improved Oblivion Crisis so its not end of the game, etc.
    Last edited by Jadli; February 04, 2017 at 04:48 AM.

Hey guys sorry to do this but it's easier then going through all of the pages, but I've checked moddb as well, but it's been quite a while has there been any sign of when 1.4 will drop? Besides CoW and TaTW:, this is one of my fave mods! also i may check out your mod Jadii if media fire doesn't give me a virus xD.

I'm sorry of course, for the offtopic. But how can you create a new topic in the section The Elder Scrolls: Total War?

Hi there, let me start off by saying I just got this mod 2 days ago and I have been ADDICTED to it ever since! I'm really looking forward to future patches, and I really hope the mod isn't dead. Now on to my thoughts and teh bugs I found.

BUGS
    Dreamer Spearmen of House Dagoth have an upkeep of 1 gold, letting you spam ridiculous armies of them for next to nothing.
    Most House Dagoth units can receive armor upgrades for only 1 gold.
    Corprus Stalkers are invisible(no model) when under the command of an AI reinforcement army.
    The 3 short range mages of House Dagoth are useless and not worth their price tag, they need to have higher range and more resistance to archers. As they are now they just die and accomplish nothing.
    The 4 villages surrounding House Dagoth's capitol cannot recruit units, which makes the Ash Pit a useless structure to build there.
    The Orsinium Town Guard building chain does not unlock or allow recruitment of any units, or at least it doesn't show that it does.
    All Dark Elf Guar Cavalary is completely useless. Not just due to bad stats, there is something wrong with their mass and charge animations, to the point that they literally cannot get any kills while charging into things.
    Vivec's model is broken, only certain parts of his body are visible in game.
    Many other non-specific building chains are broken or do nothing, and a bunch of them are missing descriptions. This goes for some units too, especially ships.

Now for my general gameplay thoughts.
    I think not being able to upgrade towns at all really hurts the long term entertainment of the game, and it makes villages more of a burden than an asset. Since there is no way to increase your culture in villages, they are almost guaranteed to ALWAYS revolt on you, unless you leave ridiculous garrisons there at all times.
    If you don't want to let towns level up, then I would suggest at least giving villages the ability to gain a recruitment slot from farms and letting them make some basic militia, and adding the ability to make basic religious structures there to increase your factions culture and prevent revolts.
    I think that most of the units in the game are too close together when it comes to stats. There should be more varying tiers of strength depending on factions. For example, the hordes of House Dagoth should be absolutely crap-tier awful to make up for the fact they are so cheap and cannot run away, the Dark Elves should probably have the best infantry in the game, etc. Also, in the description of Skyrim, it says that they have the best human infantry in the game, and this is far from the truth. Daggerfall is actually a strong contender for that. More diversity makes for more fun ways to play different factions and makes the mod less repetitive in the long term.
    I think House Dagoth should be able to make Diplomats. Maybe this wouldn't be the most lore accurate thing, but it would make for smoother gameplay in my opinion. As it is now, you have no choice at all to have peace if a faction makes war with you, and you have to grind it out. It gets really boring in the late game because you can't just focus on 1 faction. For an exmaple, I had to take an Argonian city that formally belonged to Dres, and I have hundreds of thousands of gold, but my only option was to conquer the settlement and then permanenetly be at war with Black Marsh because I have no Diplomat. It sucks
    It seems to me like the majority of units run away incredibly easily, unless you have a strong general to lead your armies at all times. This makes House Dagoth incredibly overpowered, since their hordes cost practically nothing and none of the melee infantry can flee, and I'm pretty sure most of them scare enemy units too. 90% of battles I fight with Dagoth I rout the armies of my enemies halfway through the battle, taking minimal losses.
    I think generals bodyguards are pathetically weak as they are now. With every faction you want to keep your general in the back, nevet letting him engage. This sucks for some factions like Skyrim and Orsinium, whose generals should be conquering heroes who are the first in the fight. I would recommend a mod wide stat boost for ALL factions generals bodyguard units.

I apologize if you have already heard these bugs and gameplay suggestions reported by other people, there are too many pages for me to read through. I'll keep posting more bugs and gameplay thoughts as I find them, but this mod is amazing, I hope you can keep up the great work! Also, why the heck is this mod not listed in the Kingdoms Hosted Modifications thread? It really deserves it!

Gaming Emeritus

Basically everything you have just reported is already fixed, use my patch http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14813108

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    I'm sorry of course, for the offtopic. But how can you create a new topic in the section The Elder Scrolls: Total War?
    What do you mean? There is no TES section, only a thread. You can only start another thread...
    Last edited by Jadli; February 26, 2017 at 05:14 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Farin Frostgeir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    What do you mean? There is no TES section, only a thread. You can only start another thread...
    Even then, a Moderator will move the new thread in here, because AFAIK only one thread per WIP/submod is permitted. There is no problem with that though, as it has been proven that even large submods make do fine with only one thread.

And welcome to TWC Farin!

Thanks.) Ie sub-modes allowed on one stream?
    If so, I want to lay out my modification to TES:TW on this stream.
    Here is a page with Russian Forum "imperial" - http://imtw.ru/topic/44043-саб-мод-undead-invasion
    P.s
    Sorry for my English.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXe-fSrHQh0

Gaming Emeritus

Ah, its you. Good job

Anyway, carnage's submod also has his own thread, doesnt seem to be a problem. I plan to do the same once we have Unofficial patch 1.3 ready

Oh, I didn't realize there was a submod for the game. I shall download it then, thanks for the heads up!

Sounds great! I didn't realize the units were already AoR, I checked but I must have missed them. I did only look very briefly through The Empire and Tribunal, so there you go. Really looking forward to it, great work!

Oh, also, about the Undead campaign, are you just going to be leaving it as a really basic campaign with no rules and objectives? I think thats fine, but it could be cool to get some goals for it as well

[ВИДЕО]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXe-fSrHQh0[/ VIDEO]

Hey, the mod looks great and I'm excited to play it. Start up goes fine but as soon as I try to enter a battle or siege I get a fatal error notification (#361, to be specific) and Total War exits out automatically. I've tried it in both windowed and full screen and get the same result.

I'm operating through Steam on a Macbook, utilizing the launch options in steam to run the mod. I know that doesn't lend itself to helpfulness since most play through Windows but I'd appreciate anyone who knows a workaround for the issue. I manually drag/dropped the patch into the mod files to get this thing to work and it would suck to have it run properly but not allow me to actually battle it out after all that effort.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions/instructions and I'd be happy to give more info if necessary.

Thanks.

Citizen

Hi Dagoth Ur and welcome to TWC!

I don't know many things about Mac, but I am a Linux user and I've read that both Linux and Mac are case sensitive. Is it possible that some files and/or folders are upper case? In Linux this is a problem and it might be for Mac too. At first glance, it shouldn't as you have managed to start the game. But from experience, if some files are upper case, it doesn't automatically crash nor it doesn't load. For example, I once added some upper case tga pictures and they just didn't show. So it might be that some of your files related to battle are upper case.
    If you try that (or in anyway rule out this possibility), we'll see how our bug-fu helps after that.

By the way, in case you didn't already know, there is this thread called "Welcome to TWC", where you can stop by and say hello if you like.
    And of course if you need guidance for your very first step, check this guide when and if you have the time.