Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Heads up to the Skyrim mod team, if you want to use this for your campaign, feel free ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGH0use View Post
    As for Yokuda, not sure if there really is any significant faction living there at the moment, not sure why the Redguards abandoned it.
    Yokuda was destroyed. There's debate as to how, whether it was a natural catastrophe or from the Reguard civil war, either stone magic or splitting atoms with a sword cut effectively nuking the islands. Either way, they're barren wasteland if anything is left above water.

May as well cut Yokuda out then, if either a) it is no longer inhabited or b)destroyed. If it is more like with the Red Mountain, there could very well be survivors, it would just be fanon. I'll keep a copy of Yokuda in case I need it.

From what I just read, Yokuda was 'destroyed', although this could be referring to 'laid baron' by extended war and over farming since it is pretty well baron hills. They had a war with the Lefthanded Elves, won, left and supposedly destroyed the place. Could definitely be survivor groups left, still fighting over control of Yokuda, nobody has probably ventured out there since the 1st Era. A 'Ran No Yokuda' would also made a good campaign idea.

the Ra'Gada were pretty well fed up with Yokuda and thus ditched it lol.

May as well cut Yokuda out then, if either a) it is no longer inhabited or b)destroyed. If it is more like with the Red Mountain, there could very well be survivors, it would just be fanon. I'll keep a copy of Yokuda in case I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pocket Guide To The Empire, Third Edition: Other Lands - Yokuda
    Among the original homelands of the people of the people of Tamriel, we know far more about Yokuda than we do about the others, Aldmeris and Atmora. The Yokudans came to the shores of Volenfell (now Hammerfell) in the First Era, when chroniclers had begun to be more meticulous and less fanciful in the details. They also brought with them memorystones and a rich heritage they were proud to share in epic tales.

The continent of Yokuda is no more, but it was once a place where rocky, barren hills were matched by the fecund combination of sophisticated agriculture, politics, and warfare. It was a harsh environment, training the Yokudans well for their lives in Tamriel. The Yokuda civil wars of the 4th and 8th centuries prepared them for their future conflicts, and the unwelcoming desert of Volenfell only yielded fruit and grain because of the experience the Yokudans had in their even more arid homeland.

It is debated to this day what the nature of the disaster was that destroyed Yokuda. Tremors of the earth were not uncommon in the continent's history, and many argue that it was simply a natural catastrophic series of quakes at the foundation of the land. Others suggest that it may have had human origins: during the last civil war, a renegade band of Ansei called the Hiradirge were said to be masters of stone magic. When they were defeated in battle in 1E 792, the argument goes, they had their revenge on the entire land, destroying what they would never rule.

IMO, if you want to include more outside Tamriel, you could put the bottom coast of Atmora to the North and to the East have some of Akavir there, with a strip of deep ocean in between, like the Americas in Vanilla, so ships take longer to get there, rather than showing an ocean 4 times as wide as the continent, lol. The Akaviri invade Tamriel fairly regularly, and The Empire even made a short lived province in Akavir under Uriel Septim V! There's also a Taesci unit in the mod to populate that coast with.

That would make things interesting indeed.

And hello Valenwood, home of the Bosmer! Improved with the awesome cartography of Elder Scrolls Online, took a bit to figure out it was a jig saw puzzle, but I figured it out.

Oh my I'm rather liking the look of this. Any idea if the map and some of your short term goals would be compatible with Carnage752's changes?

I'll mainly be focusing on the map/world improvements first, the world would most likely be compatible with Carnage752's Rebalance, since it's mainly the world setup that is being effected. Next up is probably adding in a few more minor factions (which might not be compatible, depending on the unit_descr and buildings). When I get to creating new models and factions, I'll talk to Carnage752 and see if we can come up with an compatibility version.

We've both pretty well fixed the Villages, that was easy, and buildings however is something I have to master. Many of my attempts to add Daedric Shrines ended in CTDs.

We've both pretty well fixed the Villages, that was easy, and buildings however is something I have to master. Many of my attempts to add Daedric Shrines ended in CTDs.
    Simple enough, just copy the code from a regular temple and alter the parameters to spread heresy(Daedra worship). That's how I added in Hist temples. Look at descr_religions for the parameter for heresy.

As long as your units are well balanced, should be no problem. I did slightly alter the physical map, and alot of unit and building starting placements, but it's something you can easily add in (just change the Ashlands territory south of Ghost Gate to the Ghost Gate region to resolve ai pathing errors). I listed all the files that are altered on my thread, so you know which ones to be aware of.

Also, I disagree with your assertion the Daedra should stay as OP as they are. Elite daedric units have the legendary daedric equipment that made them into tanks, but rank and file dremora had weaker subsets, according to Oblivion. Plus the stats are just insane.

Cheers.

Agreed, most Dremora units recruited should be the weaker Churls and... those other dude, the Berserk units. Although, I've also found, probs like yourself, that Mythic Dawn infantry is somewhat over powered, especially since it is easy to take them down in Oblivion on Normal.
    Hmm, from what I remember Vanilla Rome Total War also had temples that gave recruited units or cities bonus perks, such as increased health and attack. I'll have a look at the coding for that and see if I can arrange some bonus perks for the various temples in TESTW, especially for Daedric worshipers (including some negative perks for them, for example including -x settlement health for Daedric princes such as Boethia and Mephala, +2 Attack for the Molag Bal, +3 Attack, +1 Morale for Mehrunes Dagon (Which would only be built by the Dagon faction, which would allow for a more playable experience.

I've also got the four camp regions for the Ashlanders down on my list, and 3 shrine settlements for Dagon, thus becoming playable factions. The Undead are already very playable in the Imperial Campaign, just not sure whether I've got the recruitment of Diplomats, Spies and Assassins to work yet (haven't got that far in an Undead campaign yet), but the building of ships does work since I haven't got any CTDs from the addition.

Understabably the Undead would worship the Daedric Princes Molag Bal, Vaermina, Boethiah, Mephala, Namira and Sanguine. They would not obviously worship Azura or Meridia since they both despise the Undead.

Yup, so I'm also going to expand the religions from the standard 'daedric worshippers' to a religion for every Daedra, The Undead worshiping the nastier variety. I may even have a unique Nightingale shrine for Riften, which allows for spies and assassins with extra stealth points.

I'm also sure you'll find some Dunmer worshiping their ancestor-god Boethiah, which counts towards Boethiah worship in Morrowind.

Turns out that Cyrodiil is half of Turkey turned upside down, never noticed that.

New religions added to Religions.txt .

¬{catholic
    } Nine Divines
    {heretic} Worshippers of Mehrunes Dagon ;was Daedric Cults
    {islam} Tribunal Temple
    {orthodox} Ja-Kha'jay
    {pagan} Worshippers of The Hist
    {dagoth_rel} Cult of Dagoth Ur
    {auriel_rel} Worshippers of Auriel
    {hero_rel} Admirers of Trinimac
    {oldorc_rel} Worshippers of Malacath
    {molag_rel} Worshippers of Molag Bal
    {namira_rel} Worshippers of Namira
    {boe_rel) Worshippers of Boethiah
    {meph_rel} Worshippers of Mephala
    {vermin_rel} Worshippers of Vaermina
    {sang_rel} Worshippers of Sanguine
    {herma_rel} Worshippers of Hermeaus Mora
    {clav_rel} Worshippers of Clavicus Vile
    {hircine_rel} Worshippers of Hircine
    {azura_rel} Worshippers of Azura
    {merid_rel} Worshippers of Meridia
    {pery_rel} Worshippers of Peryite
    {sheo_rel} Worshippers of Sheogorath ;Uncle Sheo, YAY!
    {jygg_rel} Worshippers of Jyggalag ;Whatever worshipers might actually exist lol
    {night_rel} Worshippers of Nocturnal
    {reach_rel} Worshippers of The Old Gods
    {sith_rel} Worshippers of Sithis

New religions added to Religions.txt .
    Did you test this? The hardcoded limit for religions is 9, more will cause CTD, unless you've managed to crack it.