Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Also, it appears the 2h weapon bug is still alive and well in this mod, which is a damn shame.

For this particular aspect of the Guild fighters, yes, they will be nerfed and limited in the next hotfix... the guys went down heavily with the guild fighters, but they will be less don't worry

While for the animations, mhm, in case I sent a new animations pack to Jadli, containing many new custom anims and smaller editings I did through time, he will use it

Alright thank you for the response.

Sources are pretty clear that all the Great Houses use Mages (Tribunal Temples could be training these mages, as it's suggested). Vivec is very clear about how he's not the leader of House Indoril. I don't care that Helseth is in Almalexia, just that the city is named Almalexia, not Mournhold, which is only the center keep, I only showed that source so you'd see that the name of that city is Almalexia.
    I know that city's name is Almalexia.
    Sorry, I didn't mean Haymon Camoran. I meant Camoran Kaltos, the Camoran Usurper.
    Emmm... Ok.
    I'm also still curious what the Bosmer armor is supposed to be, why it looks like leaves, etc, when the Green Pact forbids Bosmer from using any plant materials of Valenwood at all.
    Because we didn't see bosmer armor in main TES games (correct me if i'm wrong), we used Bosmer Armor Pack and Hobbit movie arts as inspiration for bosmer troop tree. I think it's leather armor)
    We also know about bosmer Wild Hunt and it can appear in next version of our mod. Hircine's Wild Hunt appeared many times through Tamriel's history, not only in Bloodmoon (and I'm very disappointed about how it was shown in DLC) and we suggested it as good way to include it in mod. Also, Hircine is very connected with bosmer religion, so we gave his WH to them. It may change in future. We know that our mod has some discrepancies with LORE, but one famous game developer said once a good mention about balance of playabilty and realism...

I guess you're theorizing Kaltos survives and is still in power 180 years laterr, except he approved invasion of Cyrodiil, which is treason. My mistake about the Usurper's name.

I wouldn't say that Hircine is very connected. It is more popular in Valenwood than in other provinces. Hircine cultists are against Y'ffre and the Bosmer religion, which forbids the Bosmer from taking different shapes except in times of dire need (The Wild Hunt). So basically I think this should at least cause disorder because the Hircine cult is against their traditions.

The Bosmer armor pack stuff looks fine. It's made of animal products like leather. But the green stuff looks like leaves or plant material; I don't think a culture that refuses to use any plant materials would make their armor to look just like wearing something entirely of plant materials. Bosmer armor should be made of bones, leather, with natural emblems (including plants, but not to the exclusion of animals). If people think their armor is made of leaves because it looks like it, they have the wrong idea about what Bosmer are actually like.

As for Hircine's Wild Hunt appearing many times, I've only ever heard of the one reference (and only one in the timeline of the mod), compared to as many as 3 times for a classic Wild Hunt. I'm sure Hircine does do his hunts frequently, but let's consider what The Posting of the Hunt is about, and if it applies to kingdoms and empires. It's literally just a ritual hunt. If you want to presume this is some sort of power of the Hircine cult, that's fine by me, but it should have some sort of specific goal, and it doesn't sound like Hircine's Wild Hunt to me.

I'm sorry, where am I going against playability and realism? You are mod-makers, you don't need to make things according to markets, you can make the mod any way you want. You can present the lore as accurate as possible and have a unique and interesting world. I don't see why that in your mind is against playability... and I don't even know what you're talking about as for realism.
    Last edited by skelior; November 17, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

Mhm, all in all the armor pack of the wood elves was a nice choice btw, pretty the same as the Nexus submod made for TES V... it fits well, I mean

whereas for Hircine and WH, mhm, maybe some revisitation, but let's see..

You are mod-makers, you don't need to make things according to markets, you can make the mod any way you want.
    So this is a problem actually... we can't make the mod any way we want because of three reasons - of LORE, of Medieval II engine (you can't even imagine how much we dreamed about possibility of making TESTW on TW:Warhammer engine) and of people who knows about TES and LORE more than we both. And we did a lot of changes in mod, which people wanted from us, but we can't change everything because mod will never be 100% released if we'll point all LORE aspects needed in this period of TES history, possible to be realized on Medieval II engine. We have priorities and don't have enough team, BUT, we don't recruit new members, because it's very convenient for us to work in pair, as we live in one city.
    Also, everyone, who is waiting for patch - wait just 2-3 hours more and your waititng will be rewarded))

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yea, thats the issue of modding. Especially in M2TW (or any other other total war title basically. I would say TW mechanics are pretty far from how the things its presenting really work. For example Paradox interactive is much closer to that in my opinion, but its still pretty far, as almost every game), as the game system is actualy very limited in number of options how you can actually play, and the imported tes stuff needs to work in that system. Other thing also is the fact, the TES games are RPG, so some things in the lore are also affected by that. I would say total war engine in general is breking TES lore, as many things needs to be changed/added/removed to work somehow in the game. However, I hope most of ppl realize that. Demanding 100% lore true mod in TW is not reasonable, yet we try to to get as close to it as possible...

Yep, ok 100% is beyond possibility, but through time the percentage will get closer to it, that's sure

Ah, btw, the CKII mod on The Elder Scrolls is nice too, no doubt!

Hey good job with the patch!
    Anyway, I'll try and keep your guys' priorities in mind, but you know, I'm a stickler for this series. I've been studying this lore for more than ten years, and I think it can be good to know how to do it the best justice.

I hope maybe once the project is complete it might seem reasonable to reflect the mixed-gender militaries that everybody uses. The Redorans already have a female unit to be integrated, and it still sticks out to have a separate unit for women at all.

Edit: Fighter's Guild are still stronger than the vast majority of all factions' troops, and as strong as High Ordinators, who wear armor nearly as good as Daedric and are the elites of an already elite order... They sure don't seem like a rag-tag bunch of mercenaries they are in the games when they are some of the strongest troops in the entire game and stronger than many factions entire roster. I really don't think this makes sense. For instance, a Dunmer House retains people who train as warriors, but the Fighter's Guild gives jobs based on when people want to take them. It's the difference between a professional military and mercenaries. I don't expect that House Redorans' retainers would be weaker than the Fighter's Guild. I don't think the Fighter's Guild ever looked like they had more competent armies than the majority of everyone else. The Fighter's Guild can't even offer standardized, trained soldiers in standardized weapons and equipment, because they don't provide that equipment, you come with what you've got. Hiring the Fighter's Guild can include weak hirelings and mighty troops. They're not a mercenary company that can order people of certain quality to do certain things, they're a guild that regulates mercenary jobs. They shouldn't be reliable soldiers that can be the backbone of an entire army, or able to provide some of the mightiest warriors in Tamriel en masse. For that matter, not sure why the top-level Guild provides many factions with their elite units at all. What does the Guild have to do with it that actually building the infrastructure to train your own factions' troops to the highest level doesn't?

Meanwhile, Redguards, the most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel, have no troops that are comparable to the Fighter's Guild at all.
    If you want Redguards to be reflected right, many of them should have may charge without orders, not just low-level mobs. They should be troops who don't do well in rank and file, and can't form close ranks compared to other factions. The Redguards don't do well with authority, so only their best should be able to do that, and perhaps even they charge without orders. Also, Redguards study the Book of Circles as they grow up. I'd expect them to have stronger militias than other factions as well. This is one of the two warrior races of Tamriel, and they look really bad in this mod.

For Redguards at least, a powerful unit to add could be Sword-Singers. While the greatest of the Sword-Singers, the Ansei, are gone, those who follow the Way of the Sword can still be Sword-Singers, and a legendary unit (like the Buoyant Armigers or Companions) of Sword-Singers would do a lot to help them out.

Also, the city of Almalexia is still called "Mournhold" in your mod.
    Last edited by skelior; November 26, 2017 at 09:52 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

The fighters guild and the overall balance will be improved in the upcomming version of the UP (and many other things of course)

For Redguards at least, a powerful unit to add could be Sword-Singers. While the greatest of the Sword-Singers, the Ansei, are gone, those who follow the Way of the Sword can still be Sword-Singers
    Yes, Sword-Singers are in our plans for rebalancing Redguard factions
    Meanwhile, Redguards, the most naturally talented warriors in Tamriel
    Also, the city of Almalexia is still called "Mournhold" in your mod
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by DaedraWarrior View Post
    (...)
    Medieval II engine (...) possible to be realized on Medieval II engine. We have priorities and don't have enough team, BUT, we don't recruit new members, because it's very convenient for us to work in pair, as we live in one city.
    (...)
    About M2 engine. Is it possible to remove that situations: boat of enemy faction sails near my port, then "attack" my port (in fact AI is not able to inflict damage to ships in port, so rather block it for a turn), so all-out-war starts (really without a reason or goals).

I just want to say; this is so awesome. I've come back to the good old M2TW to get rid of the bad aftertaste of Rome 2 and what do I see? A wet dream come true. Massive, epic armies of dunmer clad in bonemold and chitin armors, riding Guars and Slit Striders... I could just stare at the formations with starry eyes without ever deploying.

Great job guys, I'm glad there's folks like you.

I've got a quick Q; Is there a way to safely remove imperial units that use non-morrowind models without affecting game balance and making it so ordinators all have uniformly colored crests? I'm a sucker for the esthetic of uniformity.

while the devs answer...

you may want to remove units by erasing them in EDU (export_descr_unit), but this implies you remove them from all other files where they are used (either in buildings, scripts, mercs, etc.)... or seek uniformity by changing the textures of the models required...

I just had the most epic M2TW campaign ever and I'm not even 100 turns in.

Playing as House Redoran. I get Nerevar. Nerevar defeats Dagoth Ur. Nerevar defeats hordes of Ashlanders by killing their leaders - they still sit outside Ald'ruhn. Nerevar liberates Skaals from Telvani - Skaals join his army. Nerevar takes Dagon Fel and besieges Vos. Most epic battle in history of ever and everything erupts after Vos gets reinforcements and the two sides take to the field.

Nerevar and his army of fanatics hold the center.

Tharsten and his Skaal warriors hide in the forest.

Nerevar routs Telvani reinforcements.

Skaals suffer greatly at the magical bombardments of Telvani masters and take it like real men.

Nerevar and Skaals engages Telvani main army, which suffered under siege but had 3 units of telvani spell weavers.

Telvani troops are routed and slaughtered, but spellweavers remain and stand ground while telvani masters of their faciton heir continue the bombardment form the corner of the map. The cavalry valiantly sacrifice themselves with no effect to try and disrupt the spells.

After loosing 2/3rds of their men Nerevar and Tharsten clear the field of all Telvani forces. Only their mage-prince and his master mages remain. Thankfully their mana doesn't last.

All forces are told to stay back. Only a handful of infantry are left alive. The archers go to work.

The Telvani prince hides himself and his mages behind a force shield, surrounded by a thousand archers on all sides, continually taking damage.

The 'Crusaders' as they call themselves are starting to run out of arrows. A desperate situation becomes hopeless.

But one of the master mages of the Telvani dies. Then another, and one more.

No more arrows. But the Crusaders hearts, both Dunmer and Skaal are filled with hope. The handful of men left alive wade through the sea of corpses towards their doom.

The fight lasts hours. Hundreds of men fall under the magic attacks. The mages fail to keep formation and 30 small fights erupt where sole casters are surrounded by dozens of crusaders. Skaals are engulfed in rage. Dunmer enter a trance of fanatic zeal. Day almost comes to an end the flashes of light glimmer across the field where men die to spells. They grow dimmer and fade one by one. The last of the mages is killed by Nerevar himself in single combat. The Telvani prince is taken prisoner by Skaal warriors a moment after.

The day is won. Nobody cheers. A couple hundred of Dunmer and Skaal stand still, exhausted, expressionless. Nerevar stands among the eight men of his bodyguards that remain. The last five proud guar riders of House Redorn stay in their saddles and streighten their backs as tears streak down their stalwart faces. Tharsten takes his one hundred warriors - survivors of the one and a half thousand that entered battle - and heads home to tell grim tales of victory by the fire of the meadhall.

The same day of the Victorious Defeat Nerevar makes peace with the Telvani - and swears to never fight against them again. Brave adventurers and assasins of Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood will be dealing with them in the future.

The next day (turn) Ald'ruhn is besieged by hordes of Oblivion. Valiant warriors of House Redoran swallow tears of despair and prepare to mount a desperate defense of their sacred home.

This is the best god damn game I have ever freaking played. I don't even care about wonky Redoran settlements and units lack of uniformity. This is freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Yep, ok 100% is beyond possibility, but through time the percentage will get closer to it, that's sure
    If by "more lore-friendly" you mean making everything look like in ESO with some elements from Warhammer (and in the case of the UP skeletons from Gothic).
    "Fusozay Var Var": Enjoy Life

I apologise if this was already clarified, but why is 'Dunmer' written 'Danmer'?
    • My name will live in marble and that of my enemies in sand.
    • Kol kalb biji yumu.
    • Ba'al hammon demands sacrifice.
    • ​A man has many faces.
    • Diu werlt ist ûzen schœne, wîz, grüen unde rôt, und innen swarzer varwe, vinster sam der tôt.

I'll open up by saying, I play Third Age Total War: Divide and Conquer a lot so may be spoiled by that mod. Alright so just played a good 100 turns as the Orcs on the latest version. My overall impression is that so far it is a VERY solid foundation for a mod that could one day be a master-piece. I feel once this mod works on its balance (both campaign and battle), incorporates more "immersion factors" (more custom settlements, less Vanilla Medieval 2 assets, ect.), corrects some glitches on units, and finds a good pace for the campaign gameplay, it will feel like a true stand alone TES Total War game. You guys had some awesome surprises in there like certain units and events (I like the Black Horse Courier news a lot). Basically I'm saying I love what you guys are doing and hope you continue your work on this mod. I'd love to come back to it one day and play the full experience. Thank you.

Groovy

We're hard working on the balance of mod and on removing most of Medieval 2 vanilla assets too and we hope that people will like final result of our work, which will be version 2.0. By the way, I like DaC too, but we prefer vanilla Third Age to all it's sub-mods, because it is that perfectly balanced master-piece with no excess content (I personally think that Third Age needs only separating Wood Elf faction on two and adding Hobbit movie trilogy visual stuff to be fully completed) which we want our mod to be some day.