Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Default The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread

Welcome all fans of The Elder Scrolls.

Here you can share all your impressions and suggestions regarding the mod.

This thread is not about technical problems. Such questions please post
    here

(Edited by Jadli)
    Last edited by Jadli; March 27, 2017 at 01:06 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

There is opening new HS for TES.
    Anybody who would like to join, here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ign-Daggerfall

RockeZz_19's Avatar Ordinarius

So im not very far in as imperials but around what turn does the oblivion crisis happen. I would like to be prepared for it and not charging off into another war during it.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

so, ive reached the oblivion crisis, and their armies...do nothing. is that not fully implemented yet?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    so, ive reached the oblivion crisis, and their armies...do nothing. is that not fully implemented yet?
    I reached oblivion crisis, and I would say they are very active, soo dont know what could happen in your game.... Only problem with them is, that they do not attack the whole map, but they just go with all their armies to their first occupied land ( Kwatch), and use it as base for their new growing realm

Can somebody tell me in which state is this mod? Can you have a descent enjoyable campaign without bugs and crashes?

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie123 View Post
    So im not very far in as imperials but around what turn does the oblivion crisis happen. I would like to be prepared for it and not charging off into another war during it.
    Pretty sure it's around ~48

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Can somebody tell me in which state is this mod? Can you have a descent enjoyable campaign without bugs and crashes?
    It's fun so far but still needs a lot of work. There's a lot of things like unit imbalances (Oblivion hordes, silt-striders, and mages are wayyyy too OP), some text that needs translating, and lots of vanilla features. You might get an occasional crash if you don't follow the download instructions, but if it's all installed correctly it should be stable enough

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Despite the actual state of the mod, it's by far better better better than Rome 2 and Attila!

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

For all those wondering, the Oblivion crisis happens in the year 433 (as befitting the official lore), that is, six years after the game start.

It really is difficult to counter. Perhaps, they should be made to besiege some other towns, other than Kvatch. As I was playing with the Aldemeri Dominion, I had already occupied most of the Imperial provinces when the Crisis happened. The daedra obliterated several stacks of my men, it was truly a tragedy.

One more thing. As far as I've noticed, no Daedric armies spawn on the Summerset Isles, while according to the lore, many daedra invaded the Isles, which ultimately allowed the Thalmor to rise from obscurity, and lead lead a devastating war against the Empire 200 years later.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Very cool mod, needs work but still a very fun experience. However, playing as the Imperials is really easy in battles because 90% of their units have armor piercing, even their weakest units. Please remove it for most of their units.

Any plans add the Hero of Kvatch, like the Nerevarine? He could be spawned when the Oblivion Crisis starts. Since he has no standard appearance other than Skyrim's Sheogorath, it wouldn't be too difficult to give him armor upgrades that fit along with the game, so spawning in the Kvatch Cuirass (guard armor, but with different helmet and weapon), UG1 Daedric Armor, UG2 Imperial Dragon Armor, UG3 Armor of the Crusader, maybe. Most all of that is already in the game, with the Imperial Dragon Armor basically just reskinned Legionary armor.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

so while i played some dagoth ur, i came across an error that makes upgraded coprus stalkers invisible and causes crashes during battle. i fixed it, just overwrite those two files:

http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/ibsOWAgH/file.html

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

There's definitely a lot of potential here, especially with some RP elements. Fantastic work done, I stumbled upon this and I must say I am incredibly impressed.

I'd like to see some trait development such as one for the Emperor, the leader of the Blades and Legionary commanders but nevertheless, it's awesome and I might begin some light modding work myself on this.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

The mod is fantastic within the amount of time it took to made it. Apart from that, translations and minor grammar issues are here but it's nothing too important. Here's my two cents on the mod:

The mod is very well put, very accurate and practically lore-friendly in a way as it tries to copy many events in the game.

Units here are well textured and accurately modded for it's time, only thing I feel that's 'weird' about the units are the Skyrim unit textures.

The use of Priest and Churches can have a HUGE factor in this game, I don't see the point in not adding it.

Prior to 'defeating' the Hordes of Oblivion, they are still a faction in the game, shouldn't they be removed and thus start 4E? *from my view*

Hmm, some units don't have descriptions or unit pictures on them. E.g unlocalized placement text, and the 'Church knights'

Kingdom of Morrowind should emerge just as it does in Third Age: Total War's Arnor faction (chance for a faction to spawn increases over time)

Overall, the Elder Scrolls mod in here is very well made, I myself have put around 20+ hours of gameplay while I barely downloaded this mod. You should definitely keep updating the mod.

(btw, does the Stormcrown Interregnum start in this mod? Surprisingly, I'm at 3E 337)

Are you gonna modify the ai to be a bit more aggressive? Conflict build up seems to be slow.

I have not found a mod this great sense I discovered the Gem Hyrule Total war. This mod is everything i was looking for in a Elder scrolls Tw and then some. Attention to unit detail is amazing. excellent job on Morrowind. Reflects my favorite game of the series perfectly. Ordinators FTW!

Laetus

First, I want to say that I've been really enjoying playing this mod - I've started campaigns as the Tamriel Empire, The Great House Telvanni, and Dagoth Ur. using version 1.2 (in English). It works great, with very few problems, but I have a suggestion and a question.

My suggestion is that the very powerful mage units (Ascended Sleepers, Telvanni Masters, and such like) are too powerful against the AI, which just stands there being bombarded when they're on the defense. I had a Telvann General with a bodyguard of Telvanni Masters(28 soldiers) kill over 400 enemy troops before he ran out of ammo, and that was in the woods(!), and they just stood there and took it. Perhaps you could reduce the damage, or the amount of ammo that they have.

My question is on the Dagoth Ur Campaign, which I've just started, and I found out that I cannot recruit either Diplomats or Merchants. Was this a design decision (because no-one liked them?) or a bug?

Finally, a bug - in my version of the game (version 1.0 patched to 1.2) the Custom Campaign won't start - I can select a kingdom, but when I press "start", it takes me back to the previous screen as if I pressed "Back" instead. Is this not fully implemented yet?

I apologize if I've posted these bug reports in the wrong place - I couldn't find a bug report thread for this Mod.

Thanks again for a great mod - I'm looking for the forward to the final bugs and details being ironed out.

Hi, I heard of this mod a few years ago when it was in the works, now it's got a full version. I've downloaded it and it is damn freaking awesome, with a few bugs of course.

-The gates in the Imperial City aren't actual gates, the Deadra can just walk right through them, so I'm thinking that's next on your list. It would also be great if you could make the walls of the city mountable.
    -Even though the Oblivion armies are highly powerful, the campaign AI is crap, even on medium. This probably has to do with the fact that you based the scripting off the Golden Horde, I noticed in the BC mod they sometimes just stood there forever.
    I'm also thinking it would be good to perhaps have these armies show up in forts (aka gates) outside you cities. To make the campaign a little bit harder you could have the 99 random gates open up through each turn, minor gates creating a few small weak units, city gates creating more challenging opponents. I've also noticed that somehow you can call a ceasefire and alliance with Oblivion, even if you are the Imperials? This is once again probably the Mongol coding, since Mongols are more sincere than Dremora. So I did the battle in the Imperial city and I lost Martin, which resulted in all hope being lost (supposedly). If this is possible, it would interesting to be able to negotiate a peace treaty with Oblivion in exchange for worshiping of Mehrunes Dagon... that would be fun.
    -Another note on Oblivion, it would be great to see Clanfears and the big Alligator monsters, perhaps even a full scale Mehrunes Dagon, whom appears in the siege of the Imperial city just as how Sauron is in TATW.
    -Oblivion sieges come with that nasty fire breathing machine, which in the game would probably throw flaming projectiles.
    -Stormy Oblivion theme to the atmosphere when fighting an Oblivion Siege.
    -Mercenaries, I think I heard that you were focusing on that next, some of them could be Companions from Jorrvaskor (which would be bought in Whiterun, or Fighters Guilders and Arena Champions .
    -Another good mini campaign would obviously be the Skyrim civil war, which is what many are probably eagerly expecting... minus the dragons of course, unless you also wanted to mix in the Dragon faction, yet again minus dragons.
    -Bandit camps, I noticed you have some Ashlander camps, although it would be good to have small forts where you would find Bandits in Oblivion and Skyrim, perhaps you could also make non-playable Falmer and Goblin factions (which don't make large armies to pulverize you, they just harass you).
    -Another campaign set in the Fourth Era, this time the Aldmeri-Imperial war.
    -A larger expansion on Bandits, such as more cyrodillic and skyrim type Bandits.
    -Custom settlements for the Cyrodillic cities, putting Kvatch on a hill would also be great.

So far I'd say my only real complaints are with the Oblivion Crisis, Mages and some smaller villages.

For me the Hordes are just to strong. Even they're most basic unit aside from Scamps can take on the most elite normal units of factions and they spawn with colossal stacks of these guys. I'd suggest toning them down across the board really but especially for the basic Dremora units. They can still be strong but more attainable to defeat in the field. Then there is an issue I have with that I don't know if it's intentional or not. They don't attack cities aside from Kvatch, Bruma, Ald'Ruhn and the Imperial City... Until.. Something happens? I dunno I watched the Imperial AI hold all those cities, so I figured they won, but then every Horde army ignored all targets and went straight to Cyrodiil regardless. With all their armies concentrated they just rolled over the world. Happens every game I play too. It's kind of a game killer really. Perhaps Martin should just auto win if you aren't the Imperials?

Next for the smaller villages. I get you may not want certain cities to grow to large but some won't grow at all. Just a dinky no walls farm waiting to be conquered. Worse yet some of these can't even build Temples despite a highly conflicted religious base making them unstable on top of being nearly useless. You can't even get free upkeep like a fort could give you. At least letting them hit tier 1 city status would be nice.

Next are the mages. They seem oddly balanced. Fighting some of Dagons units I massacred them as they had to get in close but were really vulnerable to archer fire. But other like the Altmer mages have pinpoint precision from halfway across the battlefield, a near endless reserve of ammo while wiping out entire lines of infantry in a single shot.

Also random thought. I noticed a lot of archers have two hitpoints which seems like an odd feature I don't really understand. Archers are supposed pretty dangerous but fragile.

I don't want to sound overly critical or anything. The mod is great and shows a lot of promise, it just has some wacky balancing issues in some areas.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast