Thread: Charles I dies and game over for the Loyalists?? (whole faction turns rebel)

Default Charles I dies and game over for the Loyalists?? (whole faction turns rebel)

I've never been able to finish a campaign with Parliament because Charles always dies in the first few years because he doesn't seem to be worried about anything in battle!! Then the whole Royal faction ends and fields no armies and is now considered "rebel". I know this subject has been broached on here before but what i could gather is that Charles needs his sons to be alive to take the throne. Ive been trying to do this AKA giving Rupert a lot more loyalty and making Charles stronger in the descr_strat files etc, but still not having much luck in a good long game. Is there a way to lock Charles's unit out of melee? or retreat if things are looking bad in battle?.
    fighting the passive AI "rebels" for the rest of England is a bore...
    Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Charles I dies and game over for the Loyalists?? (whole faction turns rebel)

I found this thread but its pre-patch
    Re: Game over too quickly

How can this be prevented to make a more challenging and longer lasting campaign?

There are a few methods:

1) Add a few extra Royals and 'bend' history slightly i.e Add Rupert/Maurice syblings and make Charles II 4 years older.

2) Add high ranking commanders such as Astley or Hopton to the family tree.

3) Remove the family tree altogether.

Would it be possible to get AI faction leaders to look after themselves better, either by avoiding battles or staying out of trouble during battles?

This is something I'm working on.

Cheers