Thread: Adding training unit skill from FOTS to Sengoku Jidai campaign.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Default Adding training unit skill from FOTS to Sengoku Jidai campaign.

I want this happen, I already got FoTS how can I implement that effect? I already tried making monks inspiring army effects same as trainig units from foreign veteran skills. Tried to add already existing skill trees to training effect, that didn't work either. What am I missing, if anyone help me I would really appreciate it.
    If someone shows me how to implement one agents skill to other that'd be very good too. I would try to analyze it and implement the same way myself.
    Last edited by baselhun; March 24, 2017 at 02:28 PM.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Adding training unit skill from FOTS to Sengoku Jidai campaign.

I've done some work on swapping Agent trees for my own mod. I'll show you what I did, when I get home to my computer. I should only be a couple hours.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Okay, I'll try to analyze it and rework on it, thank you for your interest whiskey, you're showing effort to help others.

These appear to be the files you need to make your edits to S2's agents. I'm trying to port the rots dancer to vanilla, replacing the geisha's skills and abilities where that makes sense. Were you thinking of changing agent abilities as well? I think its feasible. I'll help as best I can
    Shogun 2 Mods:

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Man I hate to bother, but I knew was gonna need to use these files, but I don't know excatly what to do. As I said I tried, I couldn't make it work. For example I wan't to add training unit skill to monks or metsukes, or just make their one of the already existing skill has effect on training troops. After that I'll try to make new skill trees, with that way, but I couldn't even finish the first step yet

Sure, let me wip up a new agent mod, and I'll guide you through what I did as best I can. Give me about a day. I wish I owned fots, so I could make your agents in particular. They sound good.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Thank you very much, you don't need to rush, it can wait.

Hi baselhun,

I dug deeper, either agent abilities are hardcoded, they're written in strange code within a compressed agent.luac, or you'll need to open tweak and hope for the best. I used tweak to edit the campaign IDs, but Bob doesn't convert all those tables from raw data to working data, just the unit one. We need to edit the agent campaign ID table. When I gave up on tweak, I resorted to other methods, like decompressing the all the script .luac's in jruby, using taw's converter. I guess I hoped I would find a .lua enabling or disabling abilities for agents. Again, no luck. It was just another dead-end after dead-end.

Even more discouraging, while in tweak, it appeared my agents had the abilities I wanted, and their new abilities resembled their vanilla abilities in every way. My generals could duel and receive duels, my metsuke could oversee recruitment, my ikko monks could train units, my geisha could seduce and entertain nobility... according to tweak, that is. So close, but still I failed.

I've tried everything short of swapping the agent keys and IDs themselves, which I didn't do because it would break things that look at the agents (and there are a few important things that do). On second thought, I didn't try creating a brand new agent, which I wanted to do if the other processes failed. I gave up because it was sucking time from my bigger projects, and the yield is extremely low for all the time I wasted. In the end, I decided adding abilities to agents was beyond my ken: I either needed to be a programmer or it isn't possible without cracking the game. Then again, maybe I missed something... You can try creating new agents, if you really want to do this. If you need a boost to get started, I can point you to all the tables I edited in tweak. I don't have the .pack anymore, otherwise I'd send it to you, but I overwrote it.
    Shogun 2 Mods:

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

This should be doable if you port over the models you need (i.e. the dancer models from ROTS) into the appropriate SHO .pack and then just clone an agent already in the Shogun 2 campaign, rename it and use the ported models instead of the cloned ones. I don't know all the tables needed to create a new agent but people have been porting models into vanilla Shogun 2 from several sources for a while now and so the theory should be sound.