Thread: Hyper touching syndrome????

Default Hyper touching syndrome????

Ok this is a completely fake name .There is no such thing as Hyper touching syndrome .But really ,this is a fct,so what it is mad orc?you ask well it is

When i was a teenager i had this really weird habit of touching things multiple times .If i touched a door for example with my right hand,my left hand would not rest till i have touched the door too .It was just sooooooo impulsive .At that time i thought that i had a menatl problem or something ,but now a few days later i discovered that one of my elder brother's friend's son had that habit too .I havent found anything on the internet about this.But i did read that many people have this problem too .Mostly 3% of everyone that is .Yeah thats the big scale .But people never admit .I am lucky i no longer feel this impulsivness.And that i did not feel it while a girl was near me orrrrrrrrr .

Anyway what do you people feel about it .

Some more examples:Once i touched my mat with 2 fingers and i could not rest till i had repeated this procedure 12 times and then with each other pair of fingers till it ended .

But NOW I AM PERFECTLY FINE .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Default Re: Hyper touching syndrome????

Sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to me. I used to have it really badly when I was younger but as is often the case it's mostly gone now I'm an adult. I used to have to go through about 30 minutes of 'rituals' before I went to bed, taking everything out from underneath the bed then replacing it then adjusting the curtains then opening and shutting the door, and so on. I still have an obsession with making sure everything on my desk is symmetrically aligned, and washing my hands whenever I touch anything which is remotely 'unclean', such as anything metal that has been touched by other people such as coins etc. Used to get very superstitious about the number before 14, which is apparently also common in OCD sufferers. And I always have to mentally remonstrate myself if I ever think about retirement or anything that might imply I will survive into old age, since that gets me thinking about all the ways I could die young, and what my last words will be, and all sorts of other things. And every so often I get a 'death omen' which convinces me I am going to die, for example today I saw an oversized crow (was really weird actually) so I had to spend about 5 minutes arguing with myself, before I came to the conclusion that it was probably waiting for somebody else if it was a death omen since it wasn't in a very prominent place. And here I am, still alive *touch wood*. It was probably a bin bag blowing in the wind.

I've never written all of this down before and now I look at it sounds kind of crazy lol. I never saw it as a problem since it was getting better but looks like I still have a little way to go. Anyway if nothing else I hope this has convinced you that you are not the only one.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: Hyper touching syndrome????

Gentlement,

if you have personal issues to discuss, please do so in the Personal Help and Advice fora. Notice, however, that any form of advice on medical issues (including psychological disorders), diagnosis or recommendations on therapy are strictly prohibited against on TWC.

Closed.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.