Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Hi dude,comming from bug reports having this issue with animation stuttering only.While the mouse movement,framerate is hight in battles It happens right before the clash,like animations freeze for 2-3second and this makes battles way longer that it should.I have i5 6400 8gbram gtx1060 6gb,it could be cause this game uses single core most and you made ai pathfinding more complex and animations causing bottleneck on single core since rome 2 total war cant use proper mulithreads.Cause stock rome 2 is fine.Is there anyway i can use stock ai pathfinding with animations.Settings dosent matter low to extreme its same with unit size ultra or large.Any tips appreciated?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by IFPMaximus34 View Post
    Hi dude,comming from bug reports having this issue with animation stuttering only.While the mouse movement,framerate is hight in battles It happens right before the clash,like animations freeze for 2-3second and this makes battles way longer that it should.I have i5 6400 8gbram gtx1060 6gb,it could be cause this game uses single core most and you made ai pathfinding more complex and animations causing bottleneck on single core since rome 2 total war cant use proper mulithreads.Cause stock rome 2 is fine.Is there anyway i can use stock ai pathfinding with animations.Settings dosent matter low to extreme its same with unit size ultra or large.Any tips appreciated?
    Hey buddy.
    So, at first try the recommended steps at the opening post. After that I will give you some specific tips for your setup.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I was talking about Dago Red who had a similar situation.
    Damn I was catching back up and thought if Tenerife and others are having the same issue than at least it's nothing local on my end, but reading through the last few posts I see his is probably unrelated to my issue (glad you got it worked out though!).

I had to leave for a wedding and it'll be an extended trip, couple weeks before I get back to my gaming computer. I didn't get to try any solutions before I left but it was still no go for offline play.
    Giwrgos Stamos too?

actually i was just trying that,and finally it was able to start this time,though i did delete every folder of rome in appdata,and copy the files of two subscribed mods from the workshop in the data folder so i dont have to do from now on with steam workshop..i don t now if this was the sollution or something in steam servers,but i hope this will help you

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Damn I was catching back up and thought if Tenerife and others are having the same issue than at least it's nothing local on my end, but reading through the last few posts I see his is probably unrelated to my issue (glad you got it worked out though!).

I had to leave for a wedding and it'll be an extended trip, couple weeks before I get back to my gaming computer. I didn't get to try any solutions before I left but it was still no go for offline play.
    Giwrgos Stamos too?
    It's a confusing issue. Some people with Workshop have it and some others don't. So I guess it's a general STEAM issue and non related with Workshop only.
    I'm currently searching for an explanation, so to have a quick solution for people with the aforementioned issue.

PS
    That would be a long wedding. Have a good time mate.

Hi,

I've got a GTX 770 that has "Total Available Graphics Memory" of 6115 MB, "Dedicated Video Memory" of 2048 MB, "System Video Memory" of 0 MB, and "Shared System Memory" of 4067 MB. The game currently displays "Video Memory" of 2017 MB. Is the game recognizing the full memory, or do I need to make a change in preferences?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie the Bunyip View Post
    Hi,

I've got a GTX 770 that has "Total Available Graphics Memory" of 6115 MB, "Dedicated Video Memory" of 2048 MB, "System Video Memory" of 0 MB, and "Shared System Memory" of 4067 MB. The game currently displays "Video Memory" of 2017 MB. Is the game recognizing the full memory, or do I need to make a change in preferences?

Thanks
    Hey
    AFAIK CA stated that the game will recognize the actual memory of your system but I prefer to change the value in the preferences to be sure.
    Also your card has a memory of 2gb or 4gb. 770 comes in these 2 versions. Total Available Graphics Memory is the the system's memory not your GPU's.
    Feel free to follow the steps in the opening post to edit the preferences file.

Hey
    AFAIK CA stated that the game will recognize the actual memory of your system but I prefer to change the value in the preferences to be sure.
    Also your card has a memory of 2gb or 4gb. 770 comes in these 2 versions. Total Available Graphics Memory is the the system's memory not your GPU's.
    Feel free to follow the steps in the opening post to edit the preferences file.
    Thanks GS. Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks GS. Appreciate your quick response.
    Νο problem buddy.
    Let me know if you need anything else.

In my case it seems the game is competing on CPU core 0 with other apps and windows processes so it lags mostly when I end the turn and also when I move around the campaign map (?!). If I reassign CPU cores for the Rome2.exe (in Task Manager) this sluggishness goes away so a permanent setting might be ideal. Has anyone managed to set CPU affinity from Steam Launch Options? The Steam documentation lacks in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by john909 View Post
    In my case it seems the game is competing on CPU core 0 with other apps and windows processes so it lags mostly when I end the turn and also when I move around the campaign map (?!). If I reassign CPU cores for the Rome2.exe (in Task Manager) this sluggishness goes away so a permanent setting might be ideal. Has anyone managed to set CPU affinity from Steam Launch Options? The Steam documentation lacks in this section.
    One solution is to eliminate every other possible task which may add to the CPU's burden. You could check the first post for some tips.
    Another solution is to disable the core 0 for your CPU (each time) you run Rome2exe.

@G.Strategos - Why am I getting this graphic bug? am I the only one?[/spoiler]
    Damaged ship
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If I do zoom in...BOOMB it's not damaged at all, graphically speaking xD

Like wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    @G.Strategos - Why am I getting this graphic bug? am I the only one?[/spoiler]
    Damaged ship

If I do zoom in...BOOMB it's not damaged at all, graphically speaking xD

Like wtf?
    Never seen this before mate. I have to check it when I'm back at home.
    Probably a graphical mod is the culprit.

Quick question: I recently got the GTX 1060 with 6 GB of video memory. At first, Rome 2 only recognized 3 GB. Having edited the preferences file it recognized 4 GB. However, I haven't managed to make it display 6 GB. Is there a limitation on how much memory can be used by Rome 2 or what else could be the cause of this?

Anyway, thank you for this great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DengoPhortis View Post
    Quick question: I recently got the GTX 1060 with 6 GB of video memory. At first, Rome 2 only recognized 3 GB. Having edited the preferences file it recognized 4 GB. However, I haven't managed to make it display 6 GB. Is there a limitation on how much memory can be used by Rome 2 or what else could be the cause of this?

Anyway, thank you for this great thread.
    Ιt's a limitation of game's engine, sadly.
    Theoretically the game uses as much GPU memory as it needs according to CA.

Ah, thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by DengoPhortis View Post
    Ah, thank you for the clarification.
    No problem mate.

Hi,

Thanks
    2048 = 2147483648
    4096 = 4294967296
    6144 = 6442450944
    preferences.script > gfx_video_memory .....

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    2048 = 2147483648
    4096 = 4294967296
    6144 = 6442450944
    preferences.script > gfx_video_memory .....
    The game's engine can't really display over 4 gigabytes of memory.

The game's engine can't really display over 4 gigabytes of memory.
    It does not strain me.... It is the simple mechanics of variation of word length of a memory size...