Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Hey bro, my best friend got the bug where your camera got stuck in the campaign map and the only way to move around is by clicking ramdomly in different parts of the map, cause he can not use the keyboard arrows.

He has tried:
    1.- Verify game caché.
    2.- Delete every folder (except save game) from: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly

No success. Any idea?
    Thanks in advance

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Hey bro, my best friend got the bug where your camera got stuck in the campaign map and the only way to move around is by clicking ramdomly in different parts of the map, cause he can not use the keyboard arrows.

He has tried:
    1.- Verify game caché.
    2.- Delete every folder (except save game) from: C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly

No success. Any idea?
    Thanks in advance
    Sure I have, it's a known bug to me.

0) BACKUP YOUR SAVE.
    1) Download this EditSF
    2) Open your savegame with "EditSF", you can find your savegame here: %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games
    3) CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME/COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_ENV and click on CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER and change the Value 1 to 0
    4) Save the file and add ".save" to the new file, the programm doesn't make it automatically.

and you're good to go.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 13, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks bro!
    Edit: It didn't work.
    Edit2: It worked but in the 4) step you should do first the .save rename step and then save the file.
    Last edited by Tenerife_Boy; June 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks bro!
    Μy pleasure.
    Let me know about the results.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 13, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

I edited the post before u wrote the answer

Thanks bro!
    Edit: It didn't work.
    Edit2: It worked but in the 4) step you should do first the .save rename step and then save the file.
    Presumably you edit the exte. before saving...
    I wrote it in haste.
    Glad it worked for your.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Anyone having issues launching the game in offline mode recently? I never play with steam online (except the occasional multi-player campaign) but all the sudden after a big Win 10 update I couldn't launch. Tried exiting steam, rebooting, etc. Then checked other steam games, which seemed ok though I only have one other installed at the moment.

Finally I turned steam online to see if it needed an update for Win 10, and the game launched fine.

Now trying for the 3rd day to launch offline as usual and still can't, I can only play while online. It hangs forever without getting to the mod manager, then an error pop up says: Steam servers are too busy. (But what the hell, makes no sense cause I'm not even attempting to launch it online in the first place.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Anyone having issues launching the game in offline mode recently? I never play with steam online (except the occasional multi-player campaign) but all the sudden after a big Win 10 update I couldn't launch. Tried exiting steam, rebooting, etc. Then checked other steam games, which seemed ok though I only have one other installed at the moment.

Finally I turned steam online to see if it needed an update for Win 10, and the game launched fine.

Now trying for the 3rd day to launch offline as usual and still can't, I can only play while online. It hangs forever without getting to the mod manager, then an error pop up says: Steam servers are too busy. (But what the hell, makes no sense cause I'm not even attempting to launch it online in the first place.)
    Hey mate.
    Have you tried the STEAM fix ???
    Try the 6th step from the Opening post and let me know.
    Cheers

PS
    My best bet though is that you can't run offline mode cause you're using Workshop files.
    Workshop and offline probably will cause issues.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I'll try that later when i get the chance, thanks. Though it's not about performance, but maybe that will have some broader effect?

The error makes no sense since I'm not trying to connect to steam servers. The corresponding error code (3) is like yeah no kidding steam... you're offline!

PS. I don't have any steam workshop files. I use only TWC manual downloads, and the one graphics mod I wanted to use from the workshop was edited by Tenerife and thus also a manual file. I've never had a problem playing offline before, even with workshop files (the only problem i had with them was actually when I would try playing online, funny enough!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I'll try that later when i get the chance, thanks. Though it's not about performance, but maybe that will have some broader effect?

PS. I don't have any steam workshop files. I use only TWC manual downloads, and the one graphics mod I wanted to use from the workshop was edited by Tenerife and thus also a manual file. I've never had a problem playing offline before, even with workshop files (the only problem i had with them was actually when I would try playing online, funny enough!)
    Ι see. Yeah try that and let me know. If it doesn't work, we could try other fixes as well.
    I'll search it for you.

I'm getting this error too... Maybe it's a Steam problem for a couple of days for a bunch of ppl.

I'm getting this error too... Maybe it's a Steam problem for a couple of days for a bunch of ppl.
    Have you seen it before when you were playing bro ???

Never. I'm getting this for the first time yesterday, unclick everything and reverify and it worked but today, same again...

Any other people having STEAM issues with the game ??? I'm trying to figure out what is going on with this, so to have a possible solution if anything similar happens again.

I fixed the problem. Apparentyl while removing GEM files manually I deleted one key file for the game that couldn't redownload in the verufy caché process. So everything fixed.

Good to know mate. It seems your issues was something else indeed, but can you run it offline as well ???

Also what about Dago ???

Hey guys i also has this problem,i didnt have internet about two weeks,so i try to open the game arround then and got this message,today i connected again i verified the game cashe just to be sure and it opened,but when i go offline it also got the same message...i dont know what the issue is,also i have the twc version,gem and hardcore mods

Quote Originally Posted by Giwrgos Stamos View Post
    Hey guys i also has this problem,i didnt have internet about two weeks,so i try to open the game arround then and got this message,today i connected again i verified the game cashe just to be sure and it opened,but when i go offline it also got the same message...i dont know what the issue is,also i have the twc version,gem and hardcore mods
    Καλώς τον.
    I'm 99,9% sure that's a STEAM issue that affects Rome's 2 exe. I need to investigate more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Good to know mate. It seems your issues was something else indeed, but can you run it offline as well ???

Also what about Dago ???
    Yeah I can ! and what's that Dago thing? (ready to OC my cpu )

Yeah I can ! and what's that Dago thing? (ready to OC my cpu )
    I was talking about Dago Red who had a similar situation.
    Sweet...I'll message you for the OC Bro.