Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I play it fine on way lower hardware. But I am content with lower graphics settings and unit size, as that's what I'm used to from RTW days. Bigger units just feel like an uncontrollable blob to me.
    I suppose you speak about my desktop.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Both seem fine, if you don't have the highest demands for graphics.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    Do you think that I should forget playing Rome 2+DEI with this laptop?

Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad-Core (6M Cache, 2.3 GHz ~ 3.2 GHz)
    RAM : 8 GB, DDR4 2133 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2GB DDR5

I play with medium settings and I get 30-45 fps in campaign and battles before the combat starts. Then the game has several FPS drops.

I have this desktop:

CPU
    - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8 GB RAM
    GPU
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB

Can I max it out with medium size? In a double full stack battle the battle become unplayable despite the quality settings.
    Hello mate.

Massive FPS drops are happening due to limitations and bad coding of the Warscape engine, which is the engine Rome 2 and most of the Total War series have used (with variations and fixes) in the past.
    FPS drops are caused also by the path finding problems units have. Another culprit are unit particles, overall quality of the graphics etc.
    The most important reason though, is the CPU's high usage. Cause this game uses much more your CPU than your GPU (that's why I'm running Rome 2 on Ultra with a 5ghz 7700K) without a single drop ever.

PS
    As Claagent11 correctly mentioned, if you're willing to do sacrifices and play on lower quality with smaller unit sizes, you'll be fine.
    You could also try the fixes and tips I provide in the opening posts since that's the reason behind this thread
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 02, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Hello mate.

Massive FPS drops are happening due to limitations and bad coding of the Warscape engine, which is the engine Rome 2 and most of the Total War series have used (with variations and fixes) in the past.
    FPS drops are caused also by the path finding problems units have. Another culprit are unit particles, overall quality of the graphics etc.
    The most important reason though, is the CPU's high usage. Cause this game uses much more your CPU than your GPU (that's why I'm running Rome 2 on Ultra with a 5ghz 7700K) without a single drop ever.

PS
    As Claagent11 correctly mentioned, if you're willing to do sacrifices and play on lower quality with smaller unit sizes, you'll be fine.
    You could also try the fixes and tips I provide in the opening posts since that's the reason behind this thread
    And what settings are recommended for the desktop and laptop? I always doubt which are my correct settings because I remember reading here that high settings demand graphic card and lowers settings demand CPU usage. Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Are you overclocking? Yeah I have used the Priority reg and I use CPU Cores of Steam. It gives me +2 minimium FPS on the benchmark
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; December 03, 2017 at 05:31 AM.

Start with everything on minimum (except unit size), then increase settings until get bad performance.

Also, there is a submod that removes matched combat, which is said to improve performance.

Start with everything on minimum (except unit size), then increase settings until get bad performance.

Also, there is a submod that removes matched combat, which is said to improve performance.
    Ok I'll do that. Thanks!!!

This is what I think I need for the laptop because I have ok performance in campaign and battles before combat starts. I'll try later.
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; December 03, 2017 at 07:27 AM.

And what settings are recommended for the desktop and laptop? I always doubt which are my correct settings because I remember reading here that high settings demand graphic card and lowers settings demand CPU usage. Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Are you overclocking? Yeah I have used the Priority reg and I use CPU Cores of Steam. It gives me +2 minimium FPS on the benchmark

That's a good advice, indeed. Other than that just follow all the steps proposed in the opening post and let me know if you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathodaimon View Post
    Hey.
    Ok in responce to your other thread's post.
    I'm not sure about the latest version's scaling but 4K is not advisable for Rome 2. It will add extra strain to an already strained engine. Use 2K at the most or better stay with 1080p for the best performance.

Let's start with setting up GEM.

1) Just use this thread for installing it and the standalone installer. It's a pretty straightforward process.
    2) Use this link to download one of these 2 presets for GEM by @Slypear. Choose the one that suits you.
    a. Ad Finitum more colors, shiny.
    b. Ad Finitum Et Mortem (less colors darker)
    3)Copy paste the preset you just downloaded in the GEM's folder. Find your Rome 2 installation folder and then GEMFX/Presets/current GEMFX_settings.cgf paste and replace the specific file.

Lastly...Just let me know.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 04, 2017 at 11:55 AM.

2) Use this link to downloadone of these 2 presets for GEM by @Slypear. Choose the one that suits you.
    That file won't open for me, says unsupported format or damaged file. Is anyone else able to open it?

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    That file won't open for me, says unsupported format or damaged file. Is anyone else able to open it?
    These files are not meant to be executed. They are settings files to be placed inside the GEM's preset folder.

Please follow the steps correctly. If you need any help to complete the process fell free to let me know.

These files are not meant to be executed. They are settings files to be placed inside the GEM's preset folder.
    Indeed.

Please follow the steps correctly. If you need any help to complete the process fell free to let me know.

Indeed.
    - Click on the link
    - On the drive page I click download
    - Wait for download to finish, attempt to open file - with WinRAR
    - Get error

Same issue with 7z. No issue with any other files, just this one. It's possible it's something on my end which is why I'm asking if anyone else can download fine from the same link.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

- Click on the link
    - On the drive page I click download
    - Wait for download to finish, attempt to open file - with WinRAR
    - Get error

Same issue with 7z. No issue with any other files, just this one. It's possible it's something on my end which is why I'm asking if anyone else can download fine from the same link.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Winrar is not a very stable program. Try 7zip instead and let me know.

PS
    It works fine for me even with Winrar though.

I think that a good idea to make the game smoother is locking your fps at 30.

I think that a good idea to make the game smoother is locking your fps at 30.
    Yeap I mentioned it on the first page.
    But for many people 30 fps is not an accepted solution. For others though it's quite ok, since it's a strategy game and not an FPS.

Winrar is not a very stable program. Try 7zip instead and let me know.

PS
    It works fine for me even with Winrar though.
    Like I said above I did try 7zip with the same result but thank you for confirming the issue is on my end.

I'll try a different computer/browser/unzip application.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Like I said above I did try 7zip with the same result but thank you for confirming the issue is on my end.

I'll try a different computer/browser/unzip application.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I could upload it to MEGA for you unzipped, if you like.

I could upload it to MEGA for you unzipped, if you like.
    Reinstalling 7zip fixed it. Looks like I had two old versions installed, deleted both and installed latest 64bit version and now I have the preset.

Reinstalling 7zip fixed it. Looks like I had two old versions installed, deleted both and installed latest 64bit version and now I have the preset.
    Glad to hear it mate.
    Now you can proceed with the other steps, set it up fully and let me know.

1)Go to (C:\Users\User name(your profile)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts\preferences.scripts . Open it with Notepad.
    2)Now scroll down to like the 10th line of the text & look for gfx_video_memory 0;
    3)Now change it to gfx_video_memory -2000; or -4000;

I have gtx1080 that has 8000mb do i change it to -8000 if so then it does not work for me still picks up only 4000 mb?