Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

I have some weird text bug when running DEI. I didn't use to have this 2-3 years ago when I last ran DEI.

While I haven't tested a lot of vanilla rome II yet, I have yet to see this buggy text there.

Link to show you what I mean - https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...e_ii_text_bug/

Usually the text that gets buggy with me is one of the stats on my units- combat vs elephants and the numbers below province population. Then occasionally something else - for example the whole text from the advisor that appears once in a while. Also the fix provided in that link makes the texture very hard to read, so while it's a fix, it's a pretty poor one.

It really breaks my immersion and triggers my ocd so I spent all night trying to figure this one out with no luck. Anyone please help?

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Sorry, I have never seen that before. All I can say is I have never seen anything like that reported in years of lurking around these forums, so I strongly assume it is an issue with your computer. You might have anything from a missing font of broken graphics card, but I'm wildly guessing. I can only recommend reinstalling the whole thing from scratch, that is: windows, Rome, DeI. If that does't work, you have to get another computer to play.

Greek strategos's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    3)Now change it to gfx_video_memory -2000; or -4000;

this mean MINUS 2000 ??? so must writing : "gfx_video_memory -2000;" or simply : gfx_video_memory 2000; ???
    Yeah you should add: gfx_video_memory -2000 or -4000;

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Hey, first time with DeI

Game is having terrible lags, even with 100 soldiers on the map. In ingame settings, it shows my graphic card so i dunno what the problem is.
    i tried the preference thing, changed from 0 to -4000, -2000 +2000 +4000, and it changed nothing
    Every other mod i can run in full ULTRA settings, with no problems

my stats: i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz 2808 Mhz // 8GB ram // nvidia geforce GTX 1050
    Hello mate. DEI is much more demanding than other mods.
    Usually you'll need more processing power to play it.

1)Follow my tips and steps from the main post.
    2)Let me know for any extra help you may need.

PS
    You could Overclock your CPU. 2.8mhz is very low for an i7
    1050gtx is not a very strong card for such demanding mods.You should also know that Rome 2 is also based more on CPU than GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoen View Post
    I have some weird text bug when running DEI. I didn't use to have this 2-3 years ago when I last ran DEI.

While I haven't tested a lot of vanilla rome II yet, I have yet to see this buggy text there.

Link to show you what I mean - https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...e_ii_text_bug/

Usually the text that gets buggy with me is one of the stats on my units- combat vs elephants and the numbers below province population. Then occasionally something else - for example the whole text from the advisor that appears once in a while. Also the fix provided in that link makes the texture very hard to read, so while it's a fix, it's a pretty poor one.

It really breaks my immersion and triggers my ocd so I spent all night trying to figure this one out with no luck. Anyone please help?
    Never seen anything like it mate. I'm sorry. I'd suggest to
    1)check your drivers again, completely erase them with DDU tool and install the latest ones.
    2)Delete preferences file from C/users/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/rome2/scripts.
    3)Check your file integrity for Rome 2 through STEAM.

Let me know about your results. I'll search the forums for any other similar situation so I could lend you a hand.
    Last edited by Greek strategos; November 14, 2017 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    Set it to -4000 and probably try this:

When you finally get to the scripts file, delete it (these are the games settings)

After the scripts files are deleted go into your steam game library, right click on the game and go to properties, local files, then verify game files.

Once that is completed find the game files, which would be wherever you have steam located, and follow this: Steam/Steamapps/Common/TotalwarRomeII/redist/directx

In the directx folder, find the DXSETUP application and install directx through that.
    worked, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Yeah you should add: gfx_video_memory -2000 or -4000;

Hello mate. DEI is much more demanding than other mods.
    Usually you'll need more processing power to play it.

1)Follow my tips and steps from the main post.
    2)Let me know for any extra help you may need.

PS
    You could Overclock your CPU. 2.8mhz is very low for an i7
    1050gtx is not a very strong card for such demanding mods.You should also know that Rome 2 is also based more on CPU than GPU.

is it that bad ? now i got it working, i can play in full ultra without no problem (didnt try huge sieges tho), as i could with other mods. Speaking of which, why would DEI take more ressources for battle map, as said, base game with full graphical mods (aztec, etc)

Besides, i have no idea on how to overclock
    Last edited by lequintal69; November 17, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post

is it that bad ? now i got it working, i can play in full ultra without no problem (didnt try huge sieges tho), as i could with other mods. Speaking of which, why would DEI take more ressources for battle map, as said, base game with full graphical mods (aztec, etc)

Besides, i have no idea on how to overclock
    Ιt's more about the unit's huge variation differences with Vanilla. DEI use more resources to represent the units with full details and more than average quality. Also unit numbers are much greater (so much more pixels) and if your CPU is middle ranged you'll probably have problem with Ultra settings.
    You could lower your settings and use the suggested values from the opening post and let me know.

Cheers.

Do you think that I should forget playing Rome 2+DEI with this laptop?

Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad-Core (6M Cache, 2.3 GHz ~ 3.2 GHz)
    RAM : 8 GB, DDR4 2133 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2GB DDR5

I play with medium settings and I get 30-45 fps in campaign and battles before the combat starts. Then the game has several FPS drops.

I have this desktop:

CPU
    - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8 GB RAM
    GPU
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB

Can I max it out with medium size? In a double full stack battle the battle become unplayable despite the quality settings.
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; December 02, 2017 at 02:53 PM.

I play it fine on way lower hardware. But I am content with lower graphics settings and unit size, as that's what I'm used to from RTW days. Bigger units just feel like an uncontrollable blob to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I play it fine on way lower hardware. But I am content with lower graphics settings and unit size, as that's what I'm used to from RTW days. Bigger units just feel like an uncontrollable blob to me.
    I suppose you speak about my desktop.

Both seem fine, if you don't have the highest demands for graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    Do you think that I should forget playing Rome 2+DEI with this laptop?

Intel Core i5-6300HQ Quad-Core (6M Cache, 2.3 GHz ~ 3.2 GHz)
    RAM : 8 GB, DDR4 2133 MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M 2GB DDR5

I play with medium settings and I get 30-45 fps in campaign and battles before the combat starts. Then the game has several FPS drops.

I have this desktop:

CPU
    - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8 GB RAM
    GPU
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB

Can I max it out with medium size? In a double full stack battle the battle become unplayable despite the quality settings.
    Hello mate.

Massive FPS drops are happening due to limitations and bad coding of the Warscape engine, which is the engine Rome 2 and most of the Total War series have used (with variations and fixes) in the past.
    FPS drops are caused also by the path finding problems units have. Another culprit are unit particles, overall quality of the graphics etc.
    The most important reason though, is the CPU's high usage. Cause this game uses much more your CPU than your GPU (that's why I'm running Rome 2 on Ultra with a 5ghz 7700K) without a single drop ever.

PS
    As Claagent11 correctly mentioned, if you're willing to do sacrifices and play on lower quality with smaller unit sizes, you'll be fine.
    You could also try the fixes and tips I provide in the opening posts since that's the reason behind this thread
    Last edited by Greek strategos; December 02, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

Hello mate.

Massive FPS drops are happening due to limitations and bad coding of the Warscape engine, which is the engine Rome 2 and most of the Total War series have used (with variations and fixes) in the past.
    FPS drops are caused also by the path finding problems units have. Another culprit are unit particles, overall quality of the graphics etc.
    The most important reason though, is the CPU's high usage. Cause this game uses much more your CPU than your GPU (that's why I'm running Rome 2 on Ultra with a 5ghz 7700K) without a single drop ever.

PS
    As Claagent11 correctly mentioned, if you're willing to do sacrifices and play on lower quality with smaller unit sizes, you'll be fine.
    You could also try the fixes and tips I provide in the opening posts since that's the reason behind this thread
    And what settings are recommended for the desktop and laptop? I always doubt which are my correct settings because I remember reading here that high settings demand graphic card and lowers settings demand CPU usage. Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Are you overclocking? Yeah I have used the Priority reg and I use CPU Cores of Steam. It gives me +2 minimium FPS on the benchmark
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; December 03, 2017 at 06:31 AM.

Start with everything on minimum (except unit size), then increase settings until get bad performance.

Also, there is a submod that removes matched combat, which is said to improve performance.

Start with everything on minimum (except unit size), then increase settings until get bad performance.

Also, there is a submod that removes matched combat, which is said to improve performance.
    Ok I'll do that. Thanks!!!

This is what I think I need for the laptop because I have ok performance in campaign and battles before combat starts. I'll try later.
    Last edited by IamOdysseus; December 03, 2017 at 08:27 AM.

And what settings are recommended for the desktop and laptop? I always doubt which are my correct settings because I remember reading here that high settings demand graphic card and lowers settings demand CPU usage. Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Are you overclocking? Yeah I have used the Priority reg and I use CPU Cores of Steam. It gives me +2 minimium FPS on the benchmark

That's a good advice, indeed. Other than that just follow all the steps proposed in the opening post and let me know if you need more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathodaimon View Post
    Hey.
    Ok in responce to your other thread's post.
    I'm not sure about the latest version's scaling but 4K is not advisable for Rome 2. It will add extra strain to an already strained engine. Use 2K at the most or better stay with 1080p for the best performance.

Let's start with setting up GEM.

1) Just use this thread for installing it and the standalone installer. It's a pretty straightforward process.
    2) Use this link to download one of these 2 presets for GEM by @Slypear. Choose the one that suits you.
    a. Ad Finitum more colors, shiny.
    b. Ad Finitum Et Mortem (less colors darker)
    3)Copy paste the preset you just downloaded in the GEM's folder. Find your Rome 2 installation folder and then GEMFX/Presets/current GEMFX_settings.cgf paste and replace the specific file.

Lastly...Just let me know.
    Last edited by Greek strategos; December 04, 2017 at 12:55 PM.

2) Use this link to downloadone of these 2 presets for GEM by @Slypear. Choose the one that suits you.
    That file won't open for me, says unsupported format or damaged file. Is anyone else able to open it?

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    That file won't open for me, says unsupported format or damaged file. Is anyone else able to open it?
    These files are not meant to be executed. They are settings files to be placed inside the GEM's preset folder.

Please follow the steps correctly. If you need any help to complete the process fell free to let me know.

These files are not meant to be executed. They are settings files to be placed inside the GEM's preset folder.
    Indeed.

Please follow the steps correctly. If you need any help to complete the process fell free to let me know.

Indeed.
    - Click on the link
    - On the drive page I click download
    - Wait for download to finish, attempt to open file - with WinRAR
    - Get error

Same issue with 7z. No issue with any other files, just this one. It's possible it's something on my end which is why I'm asking if anyone else can download fine from the same link.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

- Click on the link
    - On the drive page I click download
    - Wait for download to finish, attempt to open file - with WinRAR
    - Get error

Same issue with 7z. No issue with any other files, just this one. It's possible it's something on my end which is why I'm asking if anyone else can download fine from the same link.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Winrar is not a very stable program. Try 7zip instead and let me know.

PS
    It works fine for me even with Winrar though.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast