Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

I have some weird text bug when running DEI. I didn't use to have this 2-3 years ago when I last ran DEI.

While I haven't tested a lot of vanilla rome II yet, I have yet to see this buggy text there.

Link to show you what I mean - https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...e_ii_text_bug/

Usually the text that gets buggy with me is one of the stats on my units- combat vs elephants and the numbers below province population. Then occasionally something else - for example the whole text from the advisor that appears once in a while. Also the fix provided in that link makes the texture very hard to read, so while it's a fix, it's a pretty poor one.

It really breaks my immersion and triggers my ocd so I spent all night trying to figure this one out with no luck. Anyone please help?

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Sorry, I have never seen that before. All I can say is I have never seen anything like that reported in years of lurking around these forums, so I strongly assume it is an issue with your computer. You might have anything from a missing font of broken graphics card, but I'm wildly guessing. I can only recommend reinstalling the whole thing from scratch, that is: windows, Rome, DeI. If that does't work, you have to get another computer to play.

Greek strategos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    3)Now change it to gfx_video_memory -2000; or -4000;

this mean MINUS 2000 ??? so must writing : "gfx_video_memory -2000;" or simply : gfx_video_memory 2000; ???
    Yeah you should add: gfx_video_memory -2000 or -4000;

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Hey, first time with DeI

Game is having terrible lags, even with 100 soldiers on the map. In ingame settings, it shows my graphic card so i dunno what the problem is.
    i tried the preference thing, changed from 0 to -4000, -2000 +2000 +4000, and it changed nothing
    Every other mod i can run in full ULTRA settings, with no problems

my stats: i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz 2808 Mhz // 8GB ram // nvidia geforce GTX 1050
    Hello mate. DEI is much more demanding than other mods.
    Usually you'll need more processing power to play it.

1)Follow my tips and steps from the main post.
    2)Let me know for any extra help you may need.

PS
    You could Overclock your CPU. 2.8mhz is very low for an i7
    1050gtx is not a very strong card for such demanding mods.You should also know that Rome 2 is also based more on CPU than GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Imoen View Post
    I have some weird text bug when running DEI. I didn't use to have this 2-3 years ago when I last ran DEI.

While I haven't tested a lot of vanilla rome II yet, I have yet to see this buggy text there.

Link to show you what I mean - https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...e_ii_text_bug/

Usually the text that gets buggy with me is one of the stats on my units- combat vs elephants and the numbers below province population. Then occasionally something else - for example the whole text from the advisor that appears once in a while. Also the fix provided in that link makes the texture very hard to read, so while it's a fix, it's a pretty poor one.

It really breaks my immersion and triggers my ocd so I spent all night trying to figure this one out with no luck. Anyone please help?
    Never seen anything like it mate. I'm sorry. I'd suggest to
    1)check your drivers again, completely erase them with DDU tool and install the latest ones.
    2)Delete preferences file from C/users/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/thecreativeassembly/rome2/scripts.
    3)Check your file integrity for Rome 2 through STEAM.

Let me know about your results. I'll search the forums for any other similar situation so I could lend you a hand.
    Last edited by Greek strategos; November 14, 2017 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    Set it to -4000 and probably try this:

When you finally get to the scripts file, delete it (these are the games settings)

After the scripts files are deleted go into your steam game library, right click on the game and go to properties, local files, then verify game files.

Once that is completed find the game files, which would be wherever you have steam located, and follow this: Steam/Steamapps/Common/TotalwarRomeII/redist/directx

In the directx folder, find the DXSETUP application and install directx through that.
    worked, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Yeah you should add: gfx_video_memory -2000 or -4000;

Hello mate. DEI is much more demanding than other mods.
    Usually you'll need more processing power to play it.

1)Follow my tips and steps from the main post.
    2)Let me know for any extra help you may need.

PS
    You could Overclock your CPU. 2.8mhz is very low for an i7
    1050gtx is not a very strong card for such demanding mods.You should also know that Rome 2 is also based more on CPU than GPU.

is it that bad ? now i got it working, i can play in full ultra without no problem (didnt try huge sieges tho), as i could with other mods. Speaking of which, why would DEI take more ressources for battle map, as said, base game with full graphical mods (aztec, etc)

Besides, i have no idea on how to overclock
    Last edited by lequintal69; November 17, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

Greek strategos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post

is it that bad ? now i got it working, i can play in full ultra without no problem (didnt try huge sieges tho), as i could with other mods. Speaking of which, why would DEI take more ressources for battle map, as said, base game with full graphical mods (aztec, etc)

Besides, i have no idea on how to overclock
    Ιt's more about the unit's huge variation differences with Vanilla. DEI use more resources to represent the units with full details and more than average quality. Also unit numbers are much greater (so much more pixels) and if your CPU is middle ranged you'll probably have problem with Ultra settings.
    You could lower your settings and use the suggested values from the opening post and let me know.

Cheers.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18