Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Greek strategos's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bellerephone View Post
    Thanks buddy for quick answer , great mod, great thread

Could to advise some quick tips for my setup ?

I have 2K gsync monitor with i7 4770k @ 4500 MHZ 16 gigs of ram and 1080ti gpu.

All settings are ultra, some big battles with 20 + 20 stacks of soldiers, going crazy under 30 fps. Nearing the end of the battle, after the soldiers die it increases to 60-90 fps.
    Do i need the lower the settings of , v.alpha , water, shadows or something else.
    No problem mate. That's due to engine's bad coding and limitation to process the actual textures present in the battlefield. Also DEI is as expected, l heavier than vanilla.
    You should definitely disable V-sync (I think you know that already) disable V-alpha,water shadows off and general shadows very high or even medium. Feel free to check the opening post and the first pages of this thread for more info tips etc

Cheers.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bellerephone View Post
    Thanks buddy for quick answer , great mod, great thread

Could to advise some quick tips for my setup ?

I have 2K gsync monitor with i7 4770k @ 4500 MHZ 16 gigs of ram and 1080ti gpu.

All settings are ultra, some big battles with 20 + 20 stacks of soldiers, going crazy under 30 fps. Nearing the end of the battle, after the soldiers die it increases to 60-90 fps.
    Do i need the lower the settings of , v.alpha , water, shadows or something else.
    I have a similar setup and experience similar fps issues. I think the it's more CPU related than anything else. You can try the no matched combat mod to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmoosh View Post
    I have a similar setup and experience similar fps issues. I think the it's more CPU related than anything else. You can try the no matched combat mod to see if that helps.
    No matched combat is not ready for DEI yet (it'll be soon though) and you're right the game is very CPU hungry but even with me clocked 5ghz 7700K I have similar results. It's just a bad scripted engine mostly.
    No matched combat (when is ready) it will greatly help with FPS since scripted animations killing the performance in huge unit battles. You'll see an increase from 10 to 25 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    No matched combat is not ready for DEI yet (it'll be soon though) and you're right the game is very CPU hungry but even with me clocked 5ghz 7700K I have similar results. It's just a bad scripted engine mostly.
    No matched combat (when is ready) it will greatly help with FPS since scripted animations killing the performance in huge unit battles. You'll see an increase from 10 to 25 fps.
    This is No matched combat mod,KAM 2150 recommend it. Is it useful?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1240264241
    Last edited by HuoShan; January 12, 2018 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    This is No matched combat mod,KAM 2150 recommend it. Is it useful?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1240264241
    It's just for tests. Not fully compatible with DEI yet, since our units have many custom animations. It will be very soon fully compatible with our mod.

PS
    Your link shows something else by the way.

Opening post updated with various submods which will increase your Campaign map's fps.

Greek strategos, how many fps do you have in big battles? Can you give us some examples with your setup like with or no matched combat etc? I am asking because I have a much weaker pc (i5-4670, gtx-660) and while in big battles the framerate drops at 30-40fps, cpu and gpu usages are far from 100%...

And btw thank you for your useful guide!
    Last edited by priam54; January 20, 2018 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by priam54 View Post
    Greek strategos, how many fps do you have in big battles? Can you give us some examples with your setup like with or no matched combat etc? I am asking because I have a much weaker pc (i5-4670, gtx-660) and while in big battles the framerate drops at 30-40fps, cpu and gpu usages are far from 100%...

And btw thank you for your useful guide!
    Well it really depends on various parameters like the mods you're using, resolution,GPU,CPU,RAM etc The game's engine itself is problematic,badly written and allocates far more CPU usage than GPU like a well optimized game should.
    With my built I usually play with 40-50 fps with Ultra settings, 1440p, various graphics mods and cheat engine. The game has drops anyhow, which sometimes hit over 30 fps. With no matched combat you'll see an increase of 10-20fps. By using the tips and tricks I provide here you'll also gain around 10-15 fps, depending on your built.
    Last edited by Greek strategos; January 21, 2018 at 02:28 AM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21