Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist attack on British parliament

Default Re: Terrorist attack on British parliament

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    the religion of peace, ladies and gentlemen.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families tonight;
    Thoughts and prayers won't bring the victims back. Or prevent any future attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Thoughts and prayers won't bring the victims back. Or prevent any future attacks.

That's why the go-to solution in the Western world are thoughts, prayers, and candle-light vigils. The goal is to achieve nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantinePowerGame View Post
    That's why the go-to solution in the Western world are thoughts, prayers, and candle-light vigils. The goal is to achieve nothing.
    That's what the political establishment wants: to ignore the elephant in the room and blame the people who actually address the problem.

In general you should avoid relying on the government to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    In general you should avoid relying on the government to protect you.

Those who outsource the responsibility for their personal security to others, will not receive personal security and will not deserve any.

The British people allowed their government to largely disarm them and to totally strip them of their natural right to carry weapons for their own personal defense. The laws of nature provide that they will get what they deserve and deserve what they get.

What do you think would have happened 4,000 years ago if a handful of men in what is today France walked up to another man and told him he could not carry a dagger while working in his own field...
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 23, 2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Promotig illegal activites.

Praeses

Overall this is a vile post: in particular suggesting the victims of mad terrorism got what they deserved is a putrid statement.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 23, 2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Overall this is a vile post: in particular suggesting the victims of mad terrorism got what they deserved is a putrid statement.

You have a natural right to defend yourself from aggression, not to initiate aggression upon others.

You have a right to /disarm/etc anybody who has initiated aggression against you. The attacker in London had no right to initiate aggression against people who had done him no wrong.

Their policy of passively going along with mass disarmament helped bring about a climate where such attacks could take place.

They have decided to disarm in an increasingly dangerous world and the masses shrugged and obeyed as their government ordered them to disarm.

"The strong take what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

It is sad and unfortunate that people are dead, but it is all very predictable to anybody who has a basic understanding of history, human nature, etc.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 23, 2017 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Rules' violations deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yes but he is half right. It reminds me of that article about sheep, wolves and wolfdogs. People who are unaware of or refuse to recognize evil, such as children and, sadly, a very large number of adults, are completely reliant on others to protect them. But I don't see how guns would've stopped this attack. The best policy is a proactive one. A ban on immigration of adherents of hostile ideologies and deportation of ones who are resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Yes but he is half right. It reminds me of that article about sheep, wolves and wolfdogs. People who are unaware of or refuse to recognize evil, such as children and, sadly, a very large number of adults, are completely reliant on others to protect them. But I don't see how guns would've stopped this attack. The best policy is a proactive one. A ban on immigration of adherents of hostile ideologies and deportation of ones who are resident.

The officer who was stabbed to death was unarmed, the masses on the bridge were unarmed. An armed populace might have lessened the damage caused by the attack as the attack could have been stopped as it was unfolding before it reached the body count that it reached.

The politics of cowboys and indians.

The British police forces were deliberately not issued firearms and uniformed in blue to de-escalate violence and de-militarize law enforcement.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

That is patently untrue

First british police have largely been unarmed for political reasons, when they where introduced the public felt at risk by a suppressive government. Since then a combination of increasing violence towards police have lead to questioning of this stance. Since 2007 there has been majority public opinion that the police should be armed, and that has been repeated with modern risks such as terror attacks.

This really is a strangeline of argument, that the law should be disarmed lest they escalate violence. Its similar to the argument against individual use of a firearm. It takes a very specific type of criminal to consider actively attacking armed police officers, and an even more dangerous one to consider trying to outgun a police officer. It really does put all the blame and limits on those enforcing the law.

I never get how people can argue gun laws in europe are the reason it has less gun deaths, when countries like the Czech republic have incredibly liberal gun laws, and less homicide than UK.
    Last edited by humvee2800; March 23, 2017 at 01:52 AM.

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    That's what the political establishment wants: to ignore the elephant in the room and blame the people who actually address the problem.
    The people , or rather the person, who is to blame is dead

That said, one can have a go at Twitter and Google too, seeing that they profit from hosting extremist material. (mmm...judging from some posts on here,I could say the same for TWC?) . I believe the massed Turkish, Iraqi and Syrian armies are handling the people who could have radicalized him.

The officer who was stabbed to death was unarmed, the masses on the bridge were unarmed. An armed populace might have lessened the damage caused by the attack as the attack could have been stopped as it was unfolding before it reached the body count that it reached.
    What a waste of space, you suggest we would let foreign tourists wander around packing heat? No wonder America has a toilet of an administration right now, I feel for their people, particular the real Conservatives.

A five year old can tell you what would happen if extremists could get guns.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 23, 2017 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Any update on the identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Any update on the identity?
    No the police are questioning anyone connected with him, so won't release the name until done.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    No wonder America has a toilet of an administration right now, I feel for their people, particular the real Conservatives.

So you are suggesting that the IRA had a natural right to murder our soldiers and police , whilst disarming them?
    The American People don't require you to feel for them. You can't event think for them -or anybody-, so how could you feel for them?

London, you're getting exactly what asked for. Enjoy your cultural enrichment, and your mayor.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Gurkhan View Post
    If any victims are of 'the religion of peace' (dumb strawman meme) would your totally effective thoughts and prayers be with them too?
    My prayers would be with all victims.
    My blame is on this crazy ideology disguised as religion and the religious nomenclatura preaching hate and religious-disguised Apartheid.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

200 horse power of cultural enrichment. Real cutting edge stuff

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

What do you think would have happened 4,000 years ago if a handful of men in what is today France walked up to another man and told him he could not carry a dagger while working in his own field...
    After the farmer's wife got raped by the lord of the town? Why don't you tell us? Other people might not want to look to such illogical arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    the religion of peace, ladies and gentlemen.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families tonight;
    The post of logic, ladies and gentlemen...

You have a natural right to defend yourself from aggression, not to initiate aggression upon others.
    You have a right to /disarm/etc anybody who has initiated aggression against you. The attacker in London had no right to initiate aggression against people who had done him no wrong.
    Their policy of passively going along with mass disarmament helped bring about a climate where such attacks could take place.
    They have decided to disarm in an increasingly dangerous world and the masses shrugged and obeyed as their government ordered them to disarm.
    "The strong take what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
    It is sad and unfortunate that people are dead, but it is all very predictable to anybody who has a basic understanding of history, human nature, etc.
    How do you plan on stopping an SUV coming your way head on full throttle with any kind of weapon short of a bazooka?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    London, you're getting exactly what asked for. Enjoy your cultural enrichment, and your mayor.
    To connect this incident to cultural enrichment or the mayor is an utterly idiotic argument. What is the connection?
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; March 23, 2017 at 04:24 AM.
    The Armenian Issue

And the world keeps dancing to the terrorist' tune.

!!!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

I'm betting the perpetrator will just be another drugged up convert who got bored of petty crime and found inspiration in ISIS to give reason to his anger and need for violence. Because that's the background these guys usually have, poor kids with crappy and violent histories. Generally speaking, these aren't your regular Muslims, and while there should be more of a discussion and reform within Islam to address this issue (Maajid Nawaz and Sam Harris discuss it sensibly in Islam and the Future of Tolerance: A Dialogue), retardedly calling for borders to be closed and people to be deported based on their religion, literally does nothing to help anyone or to make anyone safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Arrrgh! View Post
    The American People don't require you to feel for them. You can't event think for them -or anybody-, so how could you feel for them?

I'm trying to decide between Nepalese or Vietnamese tonight for dinner, but there's also a funky looking Eritrean place that's just opened that I might try.
    Last edited by Telamon; March 23, 2017 at 05:07 AM.