Thread: Video-Entry Assembly / A Discussion Thread for New Ideas

The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Blog Entries

Default Video-Entry Assembly / A Discussion Thread for New Ideas

This thread is meant to be used has a place where the staff members of Total War Center can discuss new series and one-offs that the community, and even members of the staff put into the youtube channel. The video is uploaded on the channel as private and then a post is made here explaining what that series entail and how long will it be. Then is up to the staff members to discuss if the video made is adequate to be on the channel.

Here's an Example: I was thinking to have in this channel many official trailers for the many mods made for Total War. It would not be the most current of series, not really a series, but since the most mods are shown in the website, i think it would be appropriate to have a so called official for the many of the mods in here. It would work by me asking modders that if they have intentions of creating promotional videos for their mods that they could put those trailers of the channel, so giving it a better exposure. I have a trailer already, since i am the lead modder for Rise of Persia, i have the reworked trailer made by Naxzul for the final version of Rise of Persia. So in there it could go, and by contacting other modders that want trailers or gameplay previews for their mod.

Last edited by The Wise Coffin; March 22, 2017 at 09:44 AM.

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Default Re: Video-Entry Assembly / A Discussion Thread for New Ideas

Coffin. Upload them as Unlisted, not Private, otherwise we cant see them short of going onto the channel ourselves. As far as 'Mod Trailers' go I feel they are a welcome addition but only for fairly 'recent' releases (or pre-releases) rather than older works that have been in the public for years. I also don't think a Mod Trailer should be the first 'new' video that's uploaded to the channel. Save the 1st upload for an Introduction of sorts to the renewal etc.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; March 22, 2017 at 09:54 AM.

The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Blog Entries

Its unlisted now, i tought it was the same, but unlisted then means that its still private but if shared others can see?
    Second, rise of persia may have come out, but this release is awaited by several people for years.
    And third, i tought that the videos would appear as first whend they went public. If not, i'll delete the video after the general opinion of the content staff is heard, so that i may give room to a introduction video of the sorts and upload it later.

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Its unlisted now, i tought it was the same, but unlisted then means that its still private but if shared others can see?
    Unlisted is only viewable via the direct link. Private is only viewable by those with access to the channel. Public is Public and shows up in sub boxes, I was merely stating that a Mod Trailer shouldn't be the 1st thing that goes public, for the record. And nothing should go public until we clear up the hole Warcast mess and decide what's to be done with the 20 or so vids already up there... but that's a topic that will require a long and detailed yelling at Hader about.

EDIT: Speech in that trailer is nice btw, although it pops in places and could use with being 1080p and not 720p.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; March 22, 2017 at 10:26 AM.