Thread: Is there a way to turn off the in battle video showing retreating units?

Default Is there a way to turn off the in battle video showing retreating units?

I'm Talking about the little cutscene that appears at the top of the screen during battles to inform you that some of your men are routing. It causes a little momentary lag and I don't think it adds much to my overall experience. Is there a way to turn it off? I seem to remember being able to turn off camera shake years ago but I can't remember how I did it? preferences file somewhere?

Default Re: Is there a way to turn off the in battle video showing retreating units?

For the cutscene:
    In game go to options>user interface and disable the picture in picture box, it should do the trick.

For the camera shake:
    Open the file preferences.napoleon_script.txt using notepad and enter the following line:
    battle_camera_shake_enabled false;

To find the preferences.script go to:
    C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

If you can't find the preferences.script:
    Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
    Select Folder Options, then select the View tab.
    Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

Have a good day,
    Hector
    " Άρχεσθαι μαθών άρχειν επιστήσει "
    " When you learn to be commanded, you will learn to command "

Σόλων 630-560 π.Χ.

Default Re: Is there a way to turn off the in battle video showing retreating units?

Thanks for that general molotof. Very helpful indeed!