Thread: Crashing when trying to load an existing save.

Default Crashing when trying to load an existing save.

Hi there,

Really cool mod, unfortunately the game crashes when I try to load my Sweden Campaign. Crashes were regular during the campaign, so I saved often. The game would crash, and I would just reload the save I had. It worked fine for a while, but now when I try to load my save the game crashes.

I am using 1648v2 patch 6, and I'm using the Steam version. I got to turn 90 something.

This is all of the information that was available in the system log:

22:29:21.058 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:29:21.058 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    22:29:21.062 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:29:21.062 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:29:21.063 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:29:21.064 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:29:21.065 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:29:21.065 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:30:13.078 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Default Re: Crashing when trying to load an existing save.

You would need to open the configuration.cfg file and edit
    #level = *trace
    to
    level = *trace.

The error log file will be hundreds to thousands of lines long and you will have to zip it, upload it to the site and attach it to your post.

I did do that, and all that was in the log file was what I put in the OP. It doesn't matter though since I deleted the mods, and data folder in the M2 directory. I can do that then verify the game integrity cache with Steam. After downloading the missing files, I'm going to clean boot windows then reinstall 1648.

I have another question though. Is there a graphics enhancement mod that is compatible with 1648? I tried GEM for M2, but after installing it the 1648 launcher stopped working.

I am not sure what graphic enhancement mods work for M2TW. I am not using any. Higher settings in the game options and screen resolution, such as campaign shadows or higher texture values, help a bit and the overall look improves by decreasing the lightness to about 45, maybe even less for rainy battles.