Thread: Horde script freezing game

Default Horde script freezing game

I have Spain in their very last settlement, when I eliminate them the game freezes. The horde begins to spawn right on top of the city and freeze. Is there any way to temporarily disable the script.

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Horde script freezing game

This is unfortunately hard coded - freezes during spawns have been reported from several mods and occasionally the game recovers after a while.

You could try to remove the horde lines for spain in the descr_fm_factions file but odds are that this will not work. Example:
    Code:
    horde_min_units                    20
    horde_max_units                    60
    horde_max_units_reduction_every_horde        15
    horde_unit_per_settlement_population        250
    horde_min_named_characters            1
    horde_max_percent_army_stack            80
    horde_disband_percent_on_settlement_capture    30
    horde_unit                    steppe cavalry parthian early general

you said fm_factions? do you mean sm_factions? And I didn't see a horde script for spain in that file (also could not find the fm file)

Wait I think I have a fix buuttt there's a problem. I tried using the "surrender regions" console command and killed the protestant union when I typed surrender_regions Spain

Fixed and worked.
    Last edited by Dex-starr; March 21, 2017 at 09:55 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Sorry about the typo If there was no horde entry in the faction file then I am bit puzzled (haven't got the mod installed at the moment) - it could have been a problem with the 'dying' animation, maybe?

I had a similar experience recently when a killed named character seemed to be sitting on top of a settlement when I was about to occupy it after winning the siege.