Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Milk: The new symbol of racism in Donald Trump's America"

Default Re: "Milk: The new symbol of racism in Donald Trump's America"

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    One would have to be exceptionally incredulous to be unconcerned about the sudden and dramatic increase in frequency and volume of lunacy from the extreme left.
    Before we throw stones at the right, shouldn't we consider cleaning our own glass-house first?
    The extreme left has plenty of absurd notions and ideas, obviously. Thing is, they don't usually get their crazy ideas put into law. And, as in this case, I think this is whole milk sentiment is representing a far smaller portion of "the left" than OP is certainly in this case. Sharing blogs on issues you find detestable is just a waste of time, on the left or the right. Come running to me when someone is proposing a bill to ban milk because it is racist and I will certainly be on the side of milk. Or, if you want to be more realistic, come to me when the Washington Times publishes their own actual article about how milk is racist and I will denounce them with you. This is not that. This is an opinion piece by no one that matters.

Just to be clear, I do find the whole premise of this college student's opinion on milk stupid. I have known plenty of college students who have stupid as hell ideas. To conflate this person's view as being representative of the left in any meaningful way is dishonest. A person having a stupid opinion is nothing of significance, you have to show social impact (laws, economic consequences, extreme politicians, etc.) to demonstrate an opinion has become a problem.
    Last edited by The spartan; March 26, 2017 at 01:04 PM.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

One would have to be exceptionally incredulous to be unconcerned about the sudden and dramatic increase in frequency and volume of lunacy from the extreme left.
    Before we throw stones at the right, shouldn't we consider cleaning our own glass-house first?
    The right is throwing stones at "ineffective" leaders. Hardly radicals. Is Merkel a "regressive leftist" too now? I mean the right is getting ridiculous. They campaign against well-established facts and agenda. There is indeed credibility and substance to criticizing liberal culture and saying that "tolerance has gone too far". I myself am against many kinds of affirmative action, especially like having quotas for diversity in Universities (since we're on the subject). But when I see ridiculous statements like "BLM is racist" it just blows up my mind. Mind you I don't like BLM anymore than any other person. I find the majority of these "black activists" to be obnoxious, uneducated, and downright intimidating with their rhetoric (asking for trouble really). But racist? Their personal beliefs maybe, but certainly not the rhetoric. The BLM have a case and while their delivery can be criticized as well as the "facts" they push, I will certainly not call them racist.

Moreover, the right-wingers in America have been attacking people like Warren and Sanders. They are populist progressives, not hardcore regressives who campaign for emasculation of men, and believe me there are actually people who believe that. There's a point of when enough is enough, the terms SJW, Regressives, and Globalists, have become catch-all terms for people that the Right simply doesn't like. And that'd be okay too, except major news outlets who are supposed to provide some semblance of a civilized debate are also under attack. While ridiculous and unprofessional publications like Breitbart are on the uptick. We are reaching a critical mass of stupidity and it ain't because of "regressives". Although keep going and we might get there.

I also resent retarded far-right morons taking over good domains like thefederalist. Somehow I doubt the Founding Fathers would associate themselves with failed Journos who now pander to a viewer base who's life fulfillment purpose is to bash Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    So you would call the coercion to use a new sociolect, i.e. "gendered language", insignificant (granted, it's worse in German than in English)? Have you not noticed how students are addressed by administrative bodies, which topics student representatives are obsessing about, etc.?
    I think part of your denial comes from a fundamental misunderstanding. The regressive left isn't just made up of shrill SJWs, those are just the violent, young vanguard. The malaise runs much deeper, and people in positions of administrative power are also affected. Otherwise, they wouldn't bend over for SJW demands, nor express sympathy for riots etc. Even if the hard core of the Dems were only paying lip service to identity politics, that is still going too far. And have you forgotten that new representative who claimed her job was to shut up other white people?
    Sorry for the late response, was busy.

And no I haven't. I find the faculty just as uncaring as usual. Most faculty members are apolitical in their instruction. Quite frankly most instructors don't give a about your views and focus on instructing material. And besides have you seen SJWs? They're either losers who are too scared of attention to speak up, or obnoxious acne laden kids that teachers pointedly ignore because their questions are irritating. As for accusations of SJWs actually affecting national politics I disagree. I find the anecdote of someone shutting up white people hilarious. If you think that aggressive rhetoric and stupid is only present today you'd be surprised. Congressmen say retarded and politically stupid all the time. One only need to look at the archive of New York Times.

You're discerning imaginary poetry from letters. There is no "regressive leftist" agenda here. You know what's the main agenda in the Democratic Party right now? Maintaining parity in the Senate and hopefully win more seats in the House. They could give two about what someone says on some campus. The only people who care about those are local politicians who campaign on that sort of crap. What's more concerning is the Republican agenda, or the lack of it. They have almost complete control of the Government and their actions and rhetoric disturb me. The threat to Medicare is very real, the threat of Democrats creating big brother and monitoring whether you're a racist or not is about as likely as me being an astronaut.

You should thank Giuliani and his associates on your knees for introducing some standards of civilization in New York, otherwise the place might still be a disgrace for your nation, like certain parts of Chicago are. He likely saved the lives of many more black people than BLM ever will. And regarding racism, BLM has put out racist statements, and inspired hate crimes against white people and policemen.
    Giuliani has been criticized for his Governship by Republicans and Democrats alike. For someone who's afraid of authoritarian left, you're not actually threatened by an authoritarian Governor who thought a "reign of terror" would be the thing to clean New York (which was already on the trend of reducing crime). BLM is not racist rofl. That's like saying White people being concerned about their rights is racism. It's not. I for one don't like BLM either, I don't agree with their message nor the core of their thesis. But calling them racist is like calling the Civil Rights Movement racist, or Asian-American activism racist, or calling Bruce Lee's Asian Pride racism... It's a ridiculous allegation.

So?
    Yeah so? It's ing stupid that's "so".

That's really disingenuous. As I said, it's not just violence. Activism can take many forms. You know that.
    Obviously, but that's not what's implied. The implication here is that the regressive left has somehow taken over the school and are dictating policy, I have yet to see that. Being an obnoxious, partially-educated liberal isn't a national problem. It's a culture problem, ironically one that can be fixed by properly attending college and learning critical skills that prevent that sort of stupidity.

This thread is absurd. And thus leads me to post this.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 26, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I understand what a bad Person I am.

I love love drinking Hot Cacao ... I have been doing blackfacing milk ...

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    The extreme left has plenty of absurd notions and ideas, obviously. Thing is, they don't usually get their crazy ideas put into law. And, as in this case, I think this is whole milk sentiment is representing a far smaller portion of "the left" than OP is certainly in this case.
    Perhaps not in the United States but in Europe and on most university campuses they're quite dominant.

I hate to go all "both sides are just as bad" but let's be serious here - I could find you dozens of examples of alt-righters saying the most moronic things. For heaven's sake the alt-right now looks up to media outlets such as Infowars, a site led by a guy who sell prepper merch and says that the government is putting chemicals in the water that turn people gay. At least when some obscure blog says that "milk is racist" they try and ground it in some sociological context, they didn't say it's inherently racist or some massive conspiracy - they said the government recommended amounts are more tailored to white people than black. Is it untrue - I don't know, probably, but it's less absurd to me than the idea that the government is turning people gay.

I mean there is really absurd fringe "SJW" stuff, like that African scientist who supposedly created white people as an experiment (is that Nation of Islam, I think so), but I feel pretty comfortable in saying these are not widespread beliefs. Say that Cultural Marxism is a secret communist plot originating from the Frankfurt School to infiltrate the global media and turn everyone into communists however - and suddenly you could start a successful YouTube channel with your following.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerGxi View Post
    Perhaps not in the United States but in Europe and on most university campuses they're quite dominant.
    Would you care to back up this statement? The far-left is more dominant in universities than elsewhere, it has always been so; generally if they do acquire a level of control (I know the Green Party do fairly well in UK Universities) its because they're the only ones who can be bothered with it. It's apathy that brings them to the fore, but this shouldn't be mistaken for dominance.
    Last edited by Napoleonic Bonapartism; April 01, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerGxi View Post
    You know universities don't put laws into place, right?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123