Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What Does Spirit Cooking Actually Achieve?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: What Does Spirit Cooking Actually Achieve?

Having followed the US elections on youtube the one thing that most agree about is that Wikileaks have never once been wrong in what they have exposed. That said my contribution was not about one particular party rather that such abnormal events do take place at all assuming from what I see here that they do. That is why I asked the questions I did ask out of ignorance that certain people might well indulge.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    And here yet zealous defending of spirit cooking appears to keep on with the thread. There's nothing else to discuss asides from making in a new thread why some higher odds historically attend odd rituals....
    Yep, trolling. Clumsy misrepresentation and strawman? Check. Vague unsourced ramblings? Check. Vacuous repetition of spurious rubbish? Check.

Your post adds nothing to the thread, its a waste of time to read and doesn't really achieve anything, even as attempted trolling its a failure.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Could it be that power creates a greater desire for more power even if it means indulging in the darker arts to achieve it?

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Could it be that not being one of those in power creates a greater desire to associate the envied "elites" with whatever one finds disgusting even if it means ignoring all facts and logic?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Could it be that not being one of those in power creates a greater desire to associate the envied "elites" with whatever one finds disgusting even if it means ignoring all facts and logic?
    Iskar,

Could be if the facts were wrong but are they? The old saying power corrupts has been evidential across the world since time began.

Have you read any of this thread? It was laid our pretty clearly that no satanic rituals were involved in said dinner party and one has to make a rather large number of untenable assumptions to conclude that the higher-ups are engaged in such rituals at all. Yes, power corrupts, but to get it and keep it one has to be sufficiently smart (on average) which entails knowing fully well that "satanic rituals" don't yield any actual power. There are simpler ways of corruption, like bribery, blackmail, collusion, etc. to get more power.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Basics, If with corruption you mean the search for power or new sensations through satanic rites, I very much doubt that "the elites" take those superstitions seriously.

Have you read any of this thread? It was laid our pretty clearly that no satanic rituals were involved in said dinner party and one has to make a rather large number of untenable assumptions to conclude that the higher-ups are engaged in such rituals at all. Yes, power corrupts, but to get it and keep it one has to be sufficiently smart (on average) which entails knowing fully well that "satanic rituals" don't yield any actual power. There are simpler ways of corruption, like bribery, blackmail, collusion, etc. to get more power.
    Iskar,

Really? It is written that there is a power that rules this world and has done since the fall of man. Now as to this certain dinner party I have no knowledge, the reason I questioned the idea that people would or could actually drink sperm and blood but the drinking of blood is not new nor is it just fantasy as history provides many cultures who indulge so why not the powerful if their master happens to be the devil? Why would God rule not to drink blood if no-one ever did it? As for the sperm side one would have to be pretty dumb not to know that sperm is injested probably thousands of times a day all across the world by both men and women.

Yes, really. The naive literal-magical understanding of scripture and the world you purvey doesn't stand a chance against the slightest test of reality and oral sex is quite beside the point.

Yes, really. The naive literal-magical understanding of scripture and the world you purvey doesn't stand a chance against the slightest test of reality and oral sex is quite beside the point.
    Iskar,

The naive and literal understanding of Scripture has been the salvation of million upon million down through the ages, why? Because it does what it says it does. That there is much evil in the world is also a testament to the authenticity of Scripture. Oral sex might well be beside the point but it is also a fact. Since drinking blood has been going on in some societies since the beginning of time as well as oral sex, how can you possibly say that both are not used in rituals by anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post

That symbolic ritual of flesh and blood allowed Christianity to end Human Sacrifices on Roman Empire Religions. If you were scheduled to be sacrificed to the Gods next week, or had a family member scheduled for such, you could just convert to Christianity nearby and members would just eat bread with wine and that would settle the issue, no killing needed. This helped to boost the number of converts to Christianity and one of the rarely spoken about reasons said Cross religion spread.
    When Emperor Constantine made it the official religion it already had went Viral enough on both East and West Roman Empire (this assuming Emperor Constantine had some grasp of political game)
    Human sacrifice in Rome? I'd like to see some sources on that,.
    Spiritual practices of "Pagan" Romans and European "Heathens" in general tend to be a bit less savage then such of Abrahamic cults.
    I guess HRC and her close circle were bad at interpreting symbolism. The reaction at the smug frog symbol was hysterical too.
    We are talking about people who are rich, but irrational, hence why we had a presidential candidate screaming at a drawing of a frog, while Podesta was drinking "bodily fluids" as "part of performance art".
    Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Human sacrifice in Rome? I'd like to see some sources on that,.
    Spiritual practices of "Pagan" Romans and European "Heathens" in general tend to be a bit less savage then such of Abrahamic cults.
    Second sentente curiously close to "Noble Savage" Rosseau conception. Let's not get too Jacobin.

On a more serious note, you had a point, when I wrote "Roman Empire Religions" I could've worded it better, given intent was "Religions inside the Roman Empire". I didn't mean to refer to the Polytheistic Roman Pantheon that was inspired in the Greek one, but rather the Roman pragmatism of not interfering in local cults as long as they obeyed Roman Imperial Authority and Pax Romana.

Meaning, some of the tribes assimilated inside Roman Empire practiced ocasional human sacrifice yes, and Roman Empire had the "Civilizing" factor that European colonialists would mimick later with their Colonies.

I can do some more in focus display/explanation on this, but another thread would be more apropriate.
    Last edited by fkizz; April 21, 2017 at 07:45 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Praeses

Human sacrifice in Rome is well attested. Gladiatorial games grew out of funerary human sacrifices (someone had the bright idea to get two slaves to kill one another and a glorious sport was born) probably borrowed from Italian neighbours. Aside from this practice there were a number of occasions when a quota of Gauls and Hellenes were buried alive in the forum in accordance with interpretations of the Sibylline Books. This isn't some obscure matter, its widely acknowledged to be the case.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Human sacrifice in Rome is well attested. Gladiatorial games grew out of funerary human sacrifices (someone had the bright idea to get two slaves to kill one another and a glorious sport was born) probably borrowed from Italian neighbours. Aside from this practice there were a number of occasions when a quota of Gauls and Hellenes were buried alive in the forum in accordance with interpretations of the Sibylline Books. This isn't some obscure matter, its widely acknowledged to be the case.
    Cyclops,

Whatever happened then surely cannot be put down to Christianity in any shape or form because if anything Christians became the main target for sacrificing not the practioners.

Gladiatorial games nor public executions weren't sacrifices, in a religious sense.
    Hell, in case with former, death was not as common as one would think from Hollywood movies and TV shows, given how training a gladiator was quite an expense.
    Granted, there were probably some provinces in Roman Empire that did, in fact, practice human sacrifice, but that wasn't a part of Roman tradition, at least not since the times of Republic.
    Curiously enough, Rome was quite tolerant towards different religious practices.

Granted, there were probably some provinces in Roman Empire that did, in fact, practice human sacrifice, but that wasn't a part of Roman tradition, at least not since the times of Republic.
    Neither part of Roman Polytheistic Pantheon. I've been busier lately so not easy.
    Curiously enough, Rome was quite tolerant towards different religious practices.
    Rome "tolerance" was actually pragmatism. If the local subjects payed their taxes and bowed their head to their Roman higher ups without causing an uprising, Romans didn't care.

But in case of uprising... Romans would destroy almost literally everything. See Punic Wars, all of the sources left was from the Roman side and they sent tons of salt to Carthage to make sure that piece of land would lose its fertility. Carthage chronicles also wiped out. Possibly a case of "story written by the winners" in its most extreme form.

With Emperor Hadrian on Roman-Jewish wars, that constant revolts, in the biggest one, Emperor Hadrian wiped out a big fraction of local jewish population and forbbid them from ever visiting their own sacred places aswell, preventing the population from even mourning their dead in their rites.
    Also renamed the place from Judeah to Palestine/Syria. Names that exist today, still in geo-politic tensions.

Romans were brutal, but intelligent and pragmatic aswell. Be careful on Roman Empire "tolerance". If your religious group did an uprising defying Imperial Authority, you would get a response that would make the inquisition look like choir boys.
    Last edited by fkizz; April 22, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Basics, If with corruption you mean the search for power or new sensations through satanic rites, I very much doubt that "the elites" take those superstitions seriously.
    mishkin,

Well if one looks at free masonary one gets the message that the elites take it very seriously and the higher one goes one finds plenty of super-elites there.

Breaking News: Dan Brown movies are not documentaries. (The Judeo-Freemasonric Lizardpeople made me say this.)

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Well if one looks at free masonary one gets the message that the elites take it very seriously and the higher one goes one finds plenty of super-elites there.
    Masons are far from celebrating rites in which they drink any kind of body fluid. Stupid secrecy and (pseudo)elitism, some stupid clothes, some "high ideals" and coffee with pastries, thats all.
    Apart from this, if you want to attack the economic elites you have all my support. But based on their abuses, their contempt to those who are less fortunate, their lack of empathy, etc. Not in their attendance to an artistic performance.
    Last edited by mishkin; April 24, 2017 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Masons are far from celebrating rites in which they drink any kind of body fluid. Stupid secrecy and (pseudo)elitism, some stupid clothes, some "high ideals" and coffee with pastries, thats all.
    Apart from this, if you want to attack the economic elites you have all my support. But based on their abuses, their contempt to those who are less fortunate, their lack of empathy, etc. Not in their attendance to an artistic performance.
    mishkin,

Perhaps you missed my point in that even the serious minded no matter how high in society they are can get caught up in false doctrines and rituals which in no way resemble the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.