Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What Does Spirit Cooking Actually Achieve?

Indefinitely Banned

Default What Does Spirit Cooking Actually Achieve?

For those who don't know what spirit cooking is:

If it's good enough for the US political elite lke John Podesta and Hilary Clinton, it should be good enough for the layperson.

My question is:
    What does spirit cooking achieve and why or how specifically the ingestion of
    "blood, sperm and breastmilk.But mostly blood."
    Source: https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status...113920?lang=en
    goes about achieving that?

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: What Does Spirit Cooking Actually Achieve?

It's performance art. It has an exhibit at the Moma. Wiki leaks is a bunch of russian shills posting stuff online for idiots to take as gospel. Don't hurt yourself trying to think about it too hard.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Indefinitely Banned

Actually, for a source, wikileaks has a 100% accuracy rate with its information; i know sourcing your information from somewhere outside of CNN/CNBC/Fox/MSNBC etc might be a tad bit difficult but you must at least try.

Now, trying to steer this topic onto the spiritual side of thing, it's apparent that this...'spirit cooking' isnt simply performance art if people like the Podestas and Clintons consider it to be a spiritual act, like communion.
    And besides, you havent elaborated how a mixture of blood, semen, breast milk, but mostly blood, is somehow connected with the spiritul?

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Actually, for a source, wikileaks has a 100% accuracy rate with its information; i know sourcing your information from somewhere outside of CNN/CNBC/Fox/MSNBC etc might be a tad bit difficult but you must at least try.

Now, trying to steer this topic onto the spiritual side of thing, it's apparent that this...'spirit cooking' isnt simply performance art if people like the Podestas and Clintons consider it to be a spiritual act, like communion.
    And besides, you havent elaborated how a mixture of blood, semen, breast milk, but mostly blood, is somehow connected with the spiritul?
    From what I can tell from the astonishingly badly written news reports on the subject, it seems that the performance artist Marina Abramovic hosted a dinner party for the Podestas which she named after her performance art project from the 90s, 'Spirit Cooking'.

'Spirit cooking' was an art project which mainly involved painting bizarre messages using pig's blood on walls. There was also a 'recipe book' published alongside the art project, incorporating various disgusting recipes involving semen and breast milk, which I can't imagine was ever intended to be actually used. The 'spirit cooking' dinner party seems to have been simply a name, there's no indication that Abramovic served anything from the spirit cooking 'recipe book' to the Podestas. The Clintons don't seem to have been involved in any way. It's not supposed to be some kind of diet intended to produce actual results, the only spiritual element seems to be in the thoughts produced by the art - I guess it's based on the Catholic doctrine of transsubstantiation, using blood and human bodily fluids as a way of communing with God, and self-harming in order to feel closer to God (see the self-flagellation practiced by some extremist Catholics.)

Abramovic eems to be verging on mentally ill judging by some of the things she did earlier in her career, but she's far from the most embarassing person associated with Hillary Clinton so I don't see the story here. I don't find anything about 'spirit cooking' to be hugely spiritual in any meaningful sense, and frankly it seems rather perverted, but it's not exactly 'Devil Worship' as claimed by some conservatives such as Alex Jones. The latter claimed that Spirit Cooking as a concept was originally invented by Alesteir Crowley but I've not found any information confirming this so I think he just made it up.

EDIT: He did make it up. The truth is that there was a religious doctrine founded by Aleisteir Crowley which included a ritual called the 'Gnostic Mass', and that this involved making communion bread with added honey, herbs, oil and, optionally, semen or menstrual blood. But there's no proof Abramovic was even aware of this, and it could have come from many other sources.

As for Marina Abramovic's 'Spirit Cooking' dinners, they consist of the following:

"A dinner night with Marina during which she will teach you and other backers at this level how to cook a series of traditional soups, which you will all enjoy together. The night will end with the making of a golden ball, a recipe given to Marina in a Tibetan monastery. Marina will bring to this dinner a Spirit Cooking memento for each backer to keep."

So it's basically just a sponsorship event to fund her art projects as far as I can see and doesn't involve any consumption of dodgy bodily fluids.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; March 18, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    From what I can tell from the astonishingly badly written news reports on the subject, it seems that the performance artist Marina Abramovic hosted a dinner party for the Podestas which she named after her performance art project from the 90s, 'Spirit Cooking'.

'Spirit cooking' was an art project which mainly involved painting bizarre messages using pig's blood on walls. There was also a 'recipe book' published alongside the art project, incorporating various disgusting recipes involving semen and breast milk, which I can't imagine was ever intended to be actually used. The 'spirit cooking' dinner party seems to have been simply a name, there's no indication that Abramovic served anything from the spirit cooking 'recipe book' to the Podestas. The Clintons don't seem to have been involved in any way. It's not supposed to be some kind of diet intended to produce actual results, the only spiritual element seems to be in the thoughts produced by the art - I guess it's based on the Catholic doctrine of transsubstantiation, using blood and human bodily fluids as a way of communing with God, and self-harming in order to feel closer to God (see the self-flagellation practiced by some extremist Catholics.) Abramovic like most shock-jock performance artists seems to be verging on mentally ill, but she's far from the most embarassing person associated with Hillary Clinton so I don't see the story here.
    fascinating, yes, it did occur to me that 'spirit cooking' had overtones of transubstantiation but the graphic nature of the...ritual and the odd use of bodily fluids (rather disgusting but here we go: breast milk, lots of blood and sperm)...as communion which i take it to mean that the Podestas and the participants would've drunk as well.
    Explain to me, what sort of communion would ingestion of these bodily fluids entail? None of these are entheogens so i dont see how that could work.

Citizen

fascinating, yes, it did occur to me that 'spirit cooking' had overtones of transubstantiation but the graphic nature of the...ritual and the odd use of bodily fluids (rather disgusting but here we go: breast milk, lots of blood and sperm)...as communion which i take it to mean that the Podestas and the participants would've drunk as well.
    Explain to me, what sort of communion would ingestion of these bodily fluids entail? None of these are entheogens so i dont see how that could work.
    See the rest of my post which I have updated. The 'Spirit Cooking' dinner did not actually involve consumption of any of these things by the participants, it was just a name. It was never intended to be a 'ritual' in the way claimed by conservative websites, that part was added in based on fabricated links to Alesteir Crowley who did have a ritual which may have involved ingesting semen and blood. Obviously if the 'recipes' (really just poems) involved in the original project were actually put into practice they might be construed as a ritualistic act but there's no evidence to suggest that anyone except perhaps Marina herself ever engaged in this, and she's as mad as a box of frogs as far as I can tell so I wouldn't overthink what her actual experience of doing so might have been.

Besides, real transsubstantiation isn't supposed to produce any physical entheogenic effect, the communion with God comes simply from the fact (or belief) that God changes the bread and wine into flesh and blood and that this invigorates you with divine spirit. When I was a Catholic I can't say I ever felt invigorated with divine spirit, I just got the wafer stuck to the roof of my mouth and spent the rest of the church service trying to lick it off.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

A fringe cult/sect of some US elites with shades of Thelema religion Pedophilia and Luciferianism.

Drinking sperm isn't an "art", it is a sexual act. In religious context it's their eucharist. Obviously those Elites who rejected religion went crazy enough to adopt Spirit Cooking to fill the void in their minds.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    A fringe cult/sect of some US elites with shades of Thelema religion Pedophilia and Luciferianism.
    I don't know where this conspiracy theory came from that the 'elites' are secretly Devil worshippers. It's existed for some time and not an ounce of proof has ever been provided, but it keeps cropping up nevertheless in various different countries. And all of this simply from one email inviting someone to dinner?

Drinking sperm isn't an "art", it is a sexual act. In religious context it's their eucharist. Obviously those Elites who rejected religion went crazy enough to adopt Spirit Cooking to fill the void in their minds.
    Yes, "obviously" that is what happened. The only conspiracy theory is how infowars and its ilk manages to actually destroy people's braincells merely from reading one page of its ridiculous fake news. I think I lost about 10 IQ points just from researching this non-story.

I don't know where this conspiracy theory came from that the 'elites' are secretly Devil worshippers. It's existed for some time and not an ounce of proof has ever been provided, but it keeps cropping up nevertheless in various different countries. And all of this simply from one email inviting someone to dinner?
    Go complain to Wikileaks, Snowden and Julian Assange, not me.
    They proved Vatican warnings as correct.

Also Thelema based religion isn't necessarily Satanism. Luciferianism can be subtle in several forms which would take a long discourse so let's drop that.

They went for a sect that requires routinely sperm drinking, pedophilia (see Pizzagate) and menstrual blood drinking to remain a member.

But it's 100% "normal" because it's just "art".

Yes, "obviously" that is what happened. The only conspiracy theory is how infowars and its ilk manages to actually destroy people's braincells merely from reading one page of its ridiculous fake news. I think I lost about 10 IQ points just from researching this non-story.
    So for you drinking sperm is not minimally sexual in nature?
    Last edited by fkizz; March 18, 2017 at 04:32 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Citizen

Go complain to Wikileaks, Snowden and Julian Assange, not me.
    They proved Vatican warnings as correct.
    Please show me where Wikileaks insinuates any of this? All of this comes from two readily available Wikileaks emails which mention nothing remotely redolent of any religious or sexual behaviour except a mention of the term 'Spirit Cooking'. If you can reveal anything more than that then post it. And when you can't, have the decency to admit it. There are plenty of genuine revelations in Wikileaks without having to resort to fabrication.

They went for a sect that requires routinely sperm drinking, pedophilia (see Pizzagate) and menstrual blood drinking to remain a member.[/U]
    Where are you getting this information from? There is absolutely zero reason to link Thelema with Spirit Cooking except that both mention consumption of human semen and blood. As you can imagine, consumption of semen and of blood are not exactly unheard of in a non-religious context, and even in a religious context they are pretty common. It's a motif used in Greek mythology and also in Hinduism, and in various tribal beliefs in Asia, Africa and South America. Abramovic is a well travelled woman and she doubtless came into contact with many of these religions. Aristotle wrote about the spiritual significance of semen and menstrual blood. Crowley's 'Gnostic Mass' was actually adopted from a real historical Christian practice which involved drinking semen.

So for you drinking sperm is not minimally sexual in nature?
    Are you running some kind of Google Translate app for conspiracy theorists that distorts what I am saying? In what possible universe does that comment relate in any way to my post? I'm not questioning the fact that Spirit Cooking as a concept is bizarre and instilled with sexual imagery, what I'm questioning is your assumption that members of the American elite have participated in reenacting a performance art project based on no evidence whatsoever. As I say, Spirit Cooking was never anything more than an art project, it was never an actual religious sect or cult, unless you have access to sources I don't. And when I say it was never anything more than an art project, I mean it was literally just graffiti on a wall and writing on a page, nobody ever actually DID it, except perhaps the artist herself.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; March 18, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Never underestimate the power of the placebo effect.
    That being said: conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories, so......
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

@Coppernickers II

Most of my information on this affair comes from Wikileaks themselves. If you want to play the "Wikileaks is fake news card" coupled with "drinking semen is not a sexual act", then I'm losing my time.

-George Orwell

Citizen

@Coppernickers II

Most of my information on this affair comes from Wikileaks themselves. If you want to play the "Wikileaks is fake news card" coupled with "drinking semen is not a sexual act", then I'm losing my time.
    Fkizz, I want you to read the following very carefully:

1. I did not say anywhere that Wikileaks was fake news nor do I have any reason to believe that any Wikileaks email is not genuine.

2. I said, and I quote, "[Spirit cooking] is instilled with sexual imagery." Apparently that wasn't clear enough, so let me say it even more clearly: I 100%, completely, totally, absolutely, unquestionably, fully, wholeheartedly and genuinely agree that consuming semen is a sexual act. What I am disputing is not the 'what', it's the 'who'.

3. I posted a link to the Wikileaks page in question and it does not say anywhere that any member of the US elite partook in the spirit cooking 'recipes'. It is not Wikileaks I am accusing of being fake news, it's sites such as infowars which include information about this story which DO NOT APPEAR anywhere on the Wikileaks page. If you dispute that then you are at perfect liberty to show me where Wikileaks makes any mention of a member of the US elite consuming semen.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm seriously starting to wonder whether or not I can actually speak English, perhaps everyone around me is just being polite and pretending they understand me so as not to hurt my feelings? I've never been to Tanzania, perhaps I'm actually speaking Swahili? Or Japanese? Or Haitian Creole? This thread is starting to remind me of that Norwegian comedy sketch about the Danish language which went viral 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; March 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wealthy and people within the DNC engaged in spirit cooking. Scientology is thing among the elites so anything is possible. However, judging by the video, I really doubt that Spirit Cooking actually does anything.

Indefinitely Banned

See the rest of my post which I have updated. The 'Spirit Cooking' dinner did not actually involve consumption of any of these things by the participants, it was just a name. It was never intended to be a 'ritual' in the way claimed by conservative websites, that part was added in based on fabricated links to Alesteir Crowley who did have a ritual which may have involved ingesting semen and blood. Obviously if the 'recipes' (really just poems) involved in the original project were actually put into practice they might be construed as a ritualistic act but there's no evidence to suggest that anyone except perhaps Marina herself ever engaged in this, and she's as mad as a box of frogs as far as I can tell so I wouldn't overthink what her actual experience of doing so might have been.
    what i do find odd, if that's the case if why the Podestas would go so far as to hire some weird performance artist if that's really the case. I'm inclined to think these people placed some sort of spiritual significance to 'spirit cooking', but who're we to judge one's spirituality?
    THe difference between performance art and religious rituals is extremely blurred indeed.

Funny you mentioned Crowley, a lot of thelema and spiritualists/witches do place a lot of significance on blood and semen in their rituals; and on that note-

Besides, real transsubstantiation isn't supposed to produce any physical entheogenic effect, the communion with God comes simply from the fact (or belief) that God changes the bread and wine into flesh and blood and that this invigorates you with divine spirit. When I was a Catholic I can't say I ever felt invigorated with divine spirit, I just got the wafer stuck to the roof of my mouth and spent the rest of the church service trying to lick it off.
    pity, i was hoping for some sort of 'religious trip' or something the native americans who drink ayahuasca or peyote would get. Given that the eucharist is similarly creepy in a cannibalistic sort of way, i dont see how spirit cooking is any different. What mystifies me is to why wealthy political elites in Washington would want to indulge in such rituals. Do they confer some sort of political power over the participants? THat'd make sense considering the level of power the Podestas and Clintons have.

now, now, we musnt' judge individuals for their chosen spirituality.
    the Logic to doing the entire thing is questionable yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerGxi View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the wealthy and people within the DNC engaged in spirit cooking. Scientology is thing among the elites so anything is possible. However, judging by the video, I really doubt that Spirit Cooking actually does anything.
    but if the Podestas are rich and powerful, doesnt this mean that it works on some level?

Praeses

First I was like...

...but then I was like "Pablo, get the revolver"

What is the Swiftboat grade braindead election period ? This is as stupid as the pizza nonsense, can't believe anyone would use such crap bait.

I believe this has been done to death in other posts, not worth discussing.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

It's probably still better than Northern European food tbh.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Fkizz, I want you to read the following very carefully because it's important:

1. I did not say anywhere that Wikileaks was fake news nor do I have any reason to believe that any Wikileaks email is not genuine.

2. I said, and I quote, "[Spirit cooking] is instilled with sexual imagery." Apparently that wasn't clear enough, so let me say it even more clearly: I 100%, completely, totally, absolutely, unquestionably, fully, wholeheartedly and genuinely agree that consuming semen is a sexual act. What I am disputing is not the 'what', it's the 'who'.

3. I posted a link to the Wikileaks page in question and it does not say anywhere that any member of the US elite partook in the spirit cooking 'recipes'. It is not Wikileaks I am accusing of being fake news, it's sites such as infowars which include information about this story which DO NOT APPEAR anywhere on the Wikileaks page. If you dispute that then you are at perfect liberty to show me where Wikileaks makes any mention of a member of the US elite consuming semen.

I'm seriously starting to wonder whether or not I can actually speak English, perhaps everyone around me is just being polite and pretending they understand me so as not to hurt my feelings? I've never been to Tanzania, perhaps I'm actually speaking Swahili? Or Japanese? Or Haitian Creole? This thread is starting to remind me of that Norwegian comedy sketch about the Danish language which went viral 10 years ago.
    The point is: do you agree that this idiot, this Marina Abramovic, self claiming artist, is friend of the Podesta bros? That is, do you agree that this Abramovic is in personal relation with the Staff Maneger of the Democrat candidate and ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton? Do you agree that, seen the contents of the performances of this Abramovic, it's a weird and highly inappropriate thing that, being at the top of the American political machine, Hillary Clinton & Podesta, have had and still maintain any form of personal relations with this 'artist' (sorry)?

Here, the point (or better, the tragedy) is not wikileaks, it's Podesta & Hillary Clinton! Better: the tragedy is the current state of the American Left! Actually this is the real obscene content of the video posted in the OP.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    It's probably still better than Northern European food tbh.
    I've always wondered what the white bits were in blood pudding: it's probably semen. I don't care, it's freaking delicious.
    I looked it up, the white bits are barley, but I still stand by what I said.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    The point is: do you agree that this idiot, this Marina Abramovic, self claiming artist, is friend of the Podesta bros? That is, do you agree that this Abramovic is in personal relation with the Staff Maneger of the Democrat candidate and ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton? Do you agree that, seen the contents of the performances of this Abramovic, it's a weird and highly inappropriate thing that, being at the top of the American political machine, Hillary Clinton & Podesta, have had and still maintain any form of personal relations with this 'artist' (sorry)?

Here, the point (or better, the tragedy) is not wikileaks, it's Podesta & Hillary Clinton! Better: the tragedy is the current state of the American Left! Actually this is the real obscene content of the video posted in the OP.
    Top level political elites very often have connections to high profile celebrities, artists, models, singers, actors, etc. The fact that these celebrities get an ego trip out of "offering their services" and high profile political elites get a night's worth of entertainment by interacting with them is not surprising. The Clinton's know a lot of rappers, but that doesn't mean that they conspired to kill Biggy and Tupac.

Anyways, it's basically a version of Pizza gate. Wikileaks, at first and periodically, releases legitimate leaks. The problem with them is that they editorialize them for personal and political reasons, and they've also likely been compromised by the Russian FSB. It's possible the FSB dangled asylum in Russia (or threatened to put polonium in Assange's tea) if he didn't play ball. Also, Assange is probably pissed at the Democratic establishment and political elite for keeping him cooped up in the Ecuadorian Embassy, so it's revenge, even if its cheap revenge.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast