Thread: Changing Province Capital/Building Slots

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Changing Province Capital/Building Slots

Hi I need some help with startpos editing, I've got no idea what I'm doing. Could someone please help me work out whether it is possible to change which settlement is the province capital, i.e. which settlement has 6 building slots?

For example I'm trying to make Trimontium have 6 slots, whilst Constantinopolis is lowered to 4 slots. So far I can make the UI think it is possible, but it doesn't actually allow me to build 6 buildings in Trimontium, only the standard 4.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here are the steps I took to achieve this...
    Open the campaign startpos and go to
    Compressed Data
    Campaign Env
    Campaign Model
    Campaign Map Data
    Provinces Data
    Provinces Data Array
    Provinces Data Array 28
    Province Data The settlement in the 2nd row is the province capital.
    Province Data Array 0, 1, 2 Get a settlement name from here, and replace the capital from above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Changing Province Capital/Building Slots

Well, I imagine this is just something you can't really change, but...

try this in the Assembly Kit instead of PFM - if that's even possible. I'm actually not sure if you can even change this in the kit.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Changing Province Capital/Building Slots

Nope ,you cannot change it at the time. You can easily trick the game to consider minor settlement to be major one BUT the actual building slots are connected to animation / building expansion...The game UI simply draws 6 slots for major city and 4 for any minor city. In fact I even managed to have properly set up starpost with many more slots in all cities BUT UI wont draw more AND these slots are static (like the bonuses, recruitment, garrisson are handled correctly even as having 20 slots in rome )....cannot you upgrade them,cannot rebuild them into different building as this process is linked with animation which is linked to actual map displaying the changes....
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)