Thread: Need some help with battle loading screen crashes.

Icon5 Need some help with battle loading screen crashes.

So this is my first post on the forum (though I've been a lurker for a while), and I hate to say that it's regarding a bug for one of my favourite games. Alas. Anyway, playing FOTS as the Aizu clan, I'm all of a sudden unable to load any battle without the game crashing immediately after the preview of the battle map appears. I'm running the following mods:

A crash dump file from the latest crash is included as an attachment in this post.

Finally, here's an image of my army's composition, if it helps. Though this is also happening with another one of my armies with a somewhat different unit roster but similar composition.

Really hope someone can give me some insight here. Let me know if I need to provide additional information. Thanks.

Привет
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Need some help with battle loading screen crashes.

Try first a vanilla game, than add one mod and test if it works. If it works, you add another mod and see if it crashes or not. This way you could find which one of the mods is doing difficult. Also, if you use a total conversion mod like darthmod, they sometimes are not intended to be used with other mod packs.

The thing that's weird is that I just finished another campaign in FOTS without any problems. Also the mods I'm running are all specifically-made DarthMod-compatible versions.

How would I go about reading the crash dump file? That might provide some insight into the problem.

Okay I apologize for the double post, but I've figured out the problem. It's the Rifle Mercenaries unit, added by New Units for FOTS. Just tested it in custom battle with two armies that are identical to the ones in the screenshot: with Rifle Mercenaries in the army, crash; with only removing the Rifle Mercenaries, no crash and the battle loads. So at least the problem is identified. I think I'll post in that mod's thread for some help.

Mods can go ahead and lock the thread if they so choose.