Thread: A confusing series of events

Default A confusing series of events

I've been playing as the Elven Realm, and am for the most point enjoying it. I had an extremely weird thing happen yesterday, however, which singlehandedly ruined my first shot at a campaign.

I'd taken over Lune using Glorfindel and company, and after building the first of two provincial buildings, decided to keep him moving with one unit in garrison back in town while a governor took one turn coming up from Mithlond. Gamble that it was, Lune revolted and I can't really blame anyone but myself for that, but it revolted to become a province of Rohan, and now both Rohan and the RK have 180'd from being allies to enemies at the start of the turn after.

I've got the sense it might have been a few different scripts not playing ball with each other, but it's left me thoroughly confused and a bit scared to risk riots. I'm mostly just wondering if anybody could shed light on what the hell happened.

Default Re: A confusing series of events

Lune has Northmen as default culture, unlike any other place in Eriador. When a province revolts, it goes over to a "parent faction" (that's why the Hellenic League in Europa Barbarorum tends to be at war with everybody). In FATW, provinces that revolts go to the rebel faction though; I wonder if the Dwarf/Elf campaign mode is a special case.
    As the only factions likely to take Lune are Elves and Dwarves, perhaps the parent faction should be changed to Beornings, Rhovanion, or Dorwinion, to prevent such chain events.

Are you playing 3.3, DontHeckWithSnek? The Rohan-revolt problem was mentioned a while back... but I'm not sure if it was addressed in 3.3, tbh.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Oh, sorry, no - I meant 3.2. 3.2 is the most up-to-date version. (I've just been playing with the dev version and got confused)
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

I had forgotten (or perhaps never knew) that 3.2 provinces revolt to a parent culture. I cannot see how that would account for the change in relations between Rohan and RK.

@DontHeckWithSnek: Did Rohan or Rk attack one of your units that was on their land; such as in Lune? Or, did you just start the turn at war with them after the revolt (no attacks taking place in the AI turn)? Or, did they venture onto your land to attack your forces to initiate the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    @DontHeckWithSnek: Did Rohan or Rk attack one of your units that was on their land; such as in Lune? Or, did you just start the turn at war with them after the revolt (no attacks taking place in the AI turn)? Or, did they venture onto your land to attack your forces to initiate the war?
    You are automatically at war with any faction that your provinces defect to. And due to the alliance system, any faction that is at war with Rohan will be at war with the RK the next turn (and vice versa). So that part isn't difficult to figure out.