Thread: How do I make a faction specific garrison unit for Shogun II?

Icon5 How do I make a faction specific garrison unit for Shogun II?

Does anyone how to, if it is even possible, to have faction specific garrison units spawn during siege battles in Shogun II.

For example, the Chosokabe have improved Bow Ashigaru, however during a siege battle, just the basic Bow Ashigaru Garrison spawns.

I have created a new Chosokabe Bow Ashigaru Garrison unit based on the default Bow Ashigaru Garrison.
    In the building_level_armed_citizenry_junctions table I have added my new unit to the level one fort along with the existing garrison units.
    Next I went to the units_to_groupings_military_permissions table and added my new unit to the military_group Japan.
    In the units_to_exlcusive_faction_premissions I created a new row, took my new unit and added them to the Chosokabe faction and click the 'allowed' checkbox.
    I then created a new row, selected the Inf_Missile_Bow_Ashigaru_Citizenry, selected Chosokabe from the list of factions, and left the check box unchecked.
    Finally I created another row, I took my new unit, selected Oda from the list of factions and left the check box unchecked. I did this to test to see if my new unit world only spawn while playing as the Chokosabe.

When I am playing as the Chosokabe and look at the building card for a level one fort, I see my new unit listed as expected. However when I start the siege defense, the default Bow Ashigaru Garrison is listed under my forces and once I am into the battle, that unit is also there along with the new unit I created.

If I play as the Oda, my Chosokabe custom bow garrison is not listed on the building card for a level one fort, but once I start a siege defense, the custom unit is now listed under my list of forces and is on the battle field as well.

Is there another table I am missed that I need to edit to remove the Bow Ashigaru Garrison from siege defense battle when I am playing as the Chosokabe and make my new garrison unit only spawn for the Chosokabe?

Below is a list of screen shots of both the tables and what I am seeing in game
    building_level_armed_citizenry_junctions
    units_to_groupings_military_permissions
    units_to_exlcusive_faction_premissions
    Chosokabe Level One Fort Building Card
    Chosokabe Battle Deployment
    Chosokabe Siege Defense Battle
    Oda Level One Fort Building Card
    Oda Battle Deployment
    Oda Siege Defense Battle

Default Re: How do I make a faction specific garrison unit for Shogun II?

I myself am new to modding S2, and I don't think I can figure out a solution to your specific problem, but your post gave me the answer I needed to my own problem, so the least I could do is suggest a workaround. What I did for my own little personal mod, is create a new tech, which was unique to the Uesugi and which opened up a Uesugi-unique line of temple buildings. These temples give garrisoned monks. You could possibly do something similar, like create a completely new line of buildings for the Chosokabe or stem one off from the archery dojo, that give Chosokabe garrison bows (you'd need to create these as well based on the the original or with whatever changes you like). Although, I still don't know how to make the garrison units appear on the building card. Maybe something to do with the in-game encyclopedia?

Well, that's pretty much my suggestion, hope it helps.

I haven't tried this yet, but I can give you something to try out:
    In units_to_groupings_military_permissions instead of "japan" try putting the clan (chosokabe) instead. That worked for me when I was creating my faction-exclusive generals.

Quote Originally Posted by arsl31 View Post
    I haven't tried this yet, but I can give you something to try out:
    In units_to_groupings_military_permissions instead of "japan" try putting the clan (chosokabe) instead. That worked for me when I was creating my faction-exclusive generals.
    nevermind this one. I tried too but I failed. I guess I have to create my faction exclusive buildings for my Hojo Hand mortar defenders then....

Artifex

A faction specific building chain would be your best bet.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai