Thread: Titanium crashing at the end of game turn 47

Default Titanium crashing at the end of game turn 47

My Byzantine campaign (first ever campaign) is crashing at the AI turn at the end of game turn 47. I have gone several turns back and restarted several times but the crash always happens at this point. I have not been able to track this down to anything obvious in the campaign script. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Default Re: Titanium crashing at the end of game turn 47

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    My Byzantine campaign (first ever campaign) is crashing at the AI turn at the end of game turn 47. I have gone several turns back and restarted several times but the crash always happens at this point. I have not been able to track this down to anything obvious in the campaign script. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
    My Byzantine Campaign crashes at turn 13

Default Re: Titanium crashing at the end of game turn 47

April Fool's day and the twcenter has gone all funny, maybe this post will work, hopefully. I have run Geomod and it finds a name missing ibn_Muaway. I have added it in names.txt as {ibn_Muaway}ibn Muawiya just in case, but Geomod still reports the name missing (April Fool's day indeed) and Titanium still crashes. The error log has several warnings about portraits missing, wall models missing, a file about water, etc. I expect all those things would have crashed the game earlier if they were an issue and not even just the Byzantine campaign. There was no error except

[system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

which is not very helpful. I had renamed Shkodėr to Skodra after its reconquest and cannot rename it back because my keyboard does not have an ė. I can install the Albanian keyboard to put the name back but I do not think it is that. Name changes for settlements on the campaign map do not cause issues because the original in descr_strat is not affected.

I cannot figure this out. It is somewhat useful to know that it is not just me whose campaign crashed. I would be grateful for any suggestions on what to look for.