Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Hellenic Overhaul - Infantry of Macedon & Epirus

Default Re: [Preview] Hellenic Overhaul - Infantry of Macedon & Epirus

Quote Originally Posted by KYREAPER View Post
    Then what exactly are the Hypaspistai Agematos where you say "They also have out of phalanx version called Hypaspistai Agematos (Shield bearers of the Agema)" ?

That was under pikes, these guys have the Hoplon shields and it looks like a dori spear. So are they spear hoplites? or pikemen without a phalanx? Sorry im confused, can you explain please?

Thank you so much
    In this specific instance I think its 2 units that represent ways that class/type fought. But that is a special case for these elite units represented that way.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Some units have a phalanx and non-phalanx version to represent the different ways those units fought. KAM would be able to explain it better I am sure But also some of these are commander-only units as well.

Edit- NM KAM already answered above
    You have asked this before, you seem to be very bracer-focused I would have to ask you how do we know exactly if bracers were worn or not? Is that a specific thing mentioned in the sources? I don't know so I am just asking.

Edit - I know the Roman issue with bracers and re-enactors but I don't know anything about the Greeks with bracers.
    Well, you cant know anything about greeks and bracers or romans and bracers... Generally, we have no evidence for any bracers in ancient times and when im talking with medieval reenactors ( im reenacting roman army in legio X Gemina) theyve got problems with them too... They first appeared in hoollywood movies and one theory is that they wanted to hide watches on a wrists of actors.... Anyway, we have no evidence in ancient world - in medieval i dont know cause im focusing on ancient world.

yessssssss, great job guys.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Marvelous! I'm sure the cav will be a big treat as well. Really nice to see you guys revitalizing the v1.0 factions.

rbt's Avatar Libertus

Oh that is so great! When can we test it?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Ιt's really a pleasure for sharing our team's assets and skins with you guys.
    We feel honored and we'll be around for any help you may need with the other Hellenic factions as well.

Cheers from the TWH team.

holy cow!

what a splendid work!

but.. it will be save game compatible?

and this is only for Epirus and Macedon update? or there's will be more units to other Hellenic factions? such as Ptolemaioi and Seleukidai.

I'm starting to confuse with on going campaign.

should I abandon and wait for this? haha...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

As stated, that is just preview of those 2 factions because it would have been too big. Plus we are still working on other. It won't be save game compatible fully as there are many script changes and other building related stuff so new campaign is adived but it will be some time before we will release it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Ιt's really a pleasure for sharing our team's assets and skins with you guys.
    We feel honored and we'll be around for any help you may need with the other Hellenic factions as well.

Cheers from the TWH team.
    Thanks buddy All of the assets in the overhaul so far are already in the mod they just weren't used very much! So I have been going back through a lot of stuff we had and using it better. I imagine quite a few of these things are from you guys from previous additions to the mod - so thanks again to you and your team!
    Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    holy cow!

what a splendid work!

but.. it will be save game compatible?

and this is only for Epirus and Macedon update? or there's will be more units to other Hellenic factions? such as Ptolemaioi and Seleukidai.

I'm starting to confuse with on going campaign.

should I abandon and wait for this? haha...
    This is just the first preview, we will be changing most hellenic rosters to some extent. Not all will get full overhauls like these, though. In terms of save compatibility - not really. It won't be very save friendly with the roster changes, some culture/building changes, etc. But you have awhile as we are still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Clavdivs Germanicvs View Post
    Well, you cant know anything about greeks and bracers or romans and bracers... Generally, we have no evidence for any bracers in ancient times and when im talking with medieval reenactors ( im reenacting roman army in legio X Gemina) theyve got problems with them too... They first appeared in hoollywood movies and one theory is that they wanted to hide watches on a wrists of actors.... Anyway, we have no evidence in ancient world - in medieval i dont know cause im focusing on ancient world.
    Ok, fair enough - as I said I really don't know much about ancient bracers. If we can't change it before release, maybe we can at least make a submod at some point for them. The issue is that they are in a lot of VMD files in the game itself and in a lot of our armor entries already I think.
    Last edited by Dresden; March 12, 2017 at 06:33 PM.

Is Sparta getting anything from this? Besides the AOR shared units? On the lines of swordsmen of anykind? I know yall just released the Sparta overhaul a while back, but i didnt know if this hellenic overhaul did anything with Sparta too.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Sparta is full and was overhauled by me in 2.5 month ago.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Sparta is full and was overhauled by me in 2.5 month ago.
    Thats fine, i love what you did with their roster, it makes alot more sense. I just didnt know if they were going to get any better thureophoroi units with higher armor than 6, similar to the periokoi and non-reformed spartans hoplites with the full linothorax or anything.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thanks buddy All of the assets in the overhaul so far are already in the mod they just weren't used very much! So I have been going back through a lot of stuff we had and using it better. I imagine quite a few of these things are from you guys from previous additions to the mod - so thanks again to you and your team!
    It's our pleasure my friend. Ι'm glad you have managed to use them and make Hellenic factions more distinguished and colorful. Can't wait to check what you have done with the remaining overhauled factions as well.

Congrats and compliments also from our team's leader koultouras and the other members of the team neoptolemos and beos777.

Cheers.

I HAVE
    THE STRANGEST
    BONER

RIGHT NOW

w0000000000

Looks amazing Lord Kam, btw, am I correct in assuming that Massilia has been fully overhauled and as such will not be included in the new one?

Massalia, Syracuse, and some other city states will probably have their rosters looked at but not overhauled. So we may add/remove some units, change a few things, etc.

Amazing job, always the highest quality from the DeI team.

Also what graphic mods are you using KAM?
    Last edited by skillfultree; March 12, 2017 at 08:49 PM.

Good lord, are the large successor states getting overhauls to their infantry like this as well? This is already way bigger a change than I had imagined it would be, and it looks great.

It's annoying how bothering to be historically accurate creates great diversity and thus actually adds to the gameplay, and that game studios don't put more emphasis on it.
    Last edited by KennyTheKlever; March 12, 2017 at 08:50 PM.

Question? Why are the two Agrianoi units not AOR units? Weren't they used by Macedon and Epirus? Weren't they just allied or hired men of a certain region?

I had been wondering this in my current Macedon campaign but figured it would get addressed during the Hellenic overhaul. Thanks Kam, the infantry rosters look great!

What a love for the game and time period! Thank you!