Thread: Biological warfare

Default Biological warfare

Greetings !

An an old friend returns with another exciting development that has been found in the great game we all enjoy , my good friends have any of you indulged into biological warfare in this fine game ? I stumbled upon this magnificent logic when spying on Venice , there town was plagued ad this plagued my spy . I pulled him out of the city upon the next turn only to find that once inside Rome it was suddenly plagued aswell , I thought perhaps coincidence since it's not a far from Venice but it was when I spied on the rest of Italy that I realized my spy was spreading the plague , upon this discover I trains several more spies infiltrated the plagued cities and from there sent my spies west and east carryig the plauge from one city to the next , now I svc been holding the man made epidemic for ten years now and from mid France to Greece has been infected , all except genoa ;-D . Anyone else find this sort of intriguing fun ? Or did I just lay ground for the new type of mideval total warfare hehehe

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Biological warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Speekerofages View Post
    Greetings !

An an old friend returns with another exciting development that has been found in the great game we all enjoy , my good friends have any of you indulged into biological warfare in this fine game ? I stumbled upon this magnificent logic when spying on Venice , there town was plagued ad this plagued my spy . I pulled him out of the city upon the next turn only to find that once inside Rome it was suddenly plagued aswell , I thought perhaps coincidence since it's not a far from Venice but it was when I spied on the rest of Italy that I realized my spy was spreading the plague , upon this discover I trains several more spies infiltrated the plagued cities and from there sent my spies west and east carryig the plauge from one city to the next , now I svc been holding the man made epidemic for ten years now and from mid France to Greece has been infected , all except genoa ;-D . Anyone else find this sort of intriguing fun ? Or did I just lay ground for the new type of mideval total warfare hehehe
    knew it for ages but it stays fun
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Yes, utilized that trick already in Rome 1 - against the enemy settlements, but on occasion also to keep unrest due to overpopulation down in my own settlements... strikes me I've been a terrible, terrible ruler and human being

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

It's details like this that made Rome 1 and Medieval 2 fun. I wish they had put as much though in the warscape games as well.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I know it's great ! And the funny thing is the Black Plague hasn't even started yet ( let's face it were all doomed at that point lol ) so it's like the pre plague before te plague and it's big not all of Eu but central Italy to central France spread east as far as Sofia in hungry so you get the picture of effect . But now I can't invade really there all infected lands going for a over all morale and troop kill with out fighting through out EU

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Thread moved from Medieval II: Total War General Discussion.

I admit I've done this many times over the years.

I haven't done this in Medieval II yet, but I've done it a few times in Rome Total War. It's particularly useful in RTW because some of the cities grow way too fast; sometimes I would deliberately infect some of my own cities (such as Carthage) to get them under control.

Recently I was doing a Scipii campaign and I went all-out with this. I don't remember which city the plague started in, it might even have been Carthage, but I got a spy infected, and then I decided to use the plague to my advantage. So I started spreading it all over the Brutii and Julii cities to slow them down. It was a bit of work, I had to recruit a ton of spies and I had to keep a few of them active in particular zones of operation (Greece, Macedonia, Thrace, northern Italy, southern Italy) at all times, some of them would die of the plague and need to be replaced and some would recover so I would have to re-infect them by moving them into another plague town. I'm not sure how effective it all was though, but I abandoned it after ten or twelve years because it got to be too much work managing the plague in all these different areas (and having to send replacement spies as far as Macedonia and Thrace all the time), and it didn't seem to be slowing down the Julii and Brutii by much if at all. It brought their populations way down and killed a few of their governors, but they didn't seem to be losing any money despite a smaller taxpayer base having to fund their huge armies. But it was pretty amusing anyway.