Thread: Does Anyone Know If Uninstalling RealAI submod will effect save games?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon5 Does Anyone Know If Uninstalling RealAI submod will effect save games?

I get this error after trying to activate the sub mod, I have played 2 campaigns in thera with this error and now I wanna fix it, if I uninstall and re-install this AI mod, will it effect my save games? Like will it be activated even with my saved games?

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Default Re: Does Anyone Know If Uninstalling RealAI submod will effect save games?

As a general rule, if the game processes some file every time it needs to get info from, it is save game compatible. If on the other hand it only processes the file at the start of the campaign, then it is not save game compatible.

In the case of ReallyBadAI I honestly don't have an answer. If this submod adds something in the campaign script file, then it isn't save game compatible. Doesn't it say something relevant in its thread? Have you asked there?

In any case, I believe that your saved games will not be affected either way. That is, if they are not affected anyway, then uninstalling and reinstalling will make no difference. I mean, since you already don't have the submod activated in your saved games, it won't hurt trying it. Making a backup of your saved games would help probably.